Consider what Could Be (Fantabulous Prizes)

Oh jeez... it's been some time since I hosted a contest and I forget how to start them... Let's see...

This is a contest with the intent of text based cards. I want you to design cards that while they cannot be made properly, yet, on Cardsmith, are likely to come soon! I'm talking anything from simply aesthetic differences like the land frames, to planeswalkers with complex abilities and/or four.

There will be a handful of categories, and they might expand as the contest progresses and things get introduced. But for now, the following are the categories to the contest, each of which will have at least one winner, chosen from:

-Lands
-Flip Cards
-Planeswalkers
-Sagas
-Complex Token Creation (Such as Named Tokens)
-Adventures
-Aftermath
-Split Cards

There is one thing I want to make clear: This is not a repeat of Memoryhead's contest! This is to make things that have been precedented and will eventually be available on Cardsmith in the relatively near future. 

Rules: 
1. DO NOT USE OTHER SOFTWARE FOR THIS! Entries should be text based and may include artwork that would be used, but do not have to.
2. Limit to each category of 3 entries.
3. No old entries. What constitutes an old entry is that it has been published in some light on Cardsmith before. I will allow a handful of exceptions, should they be like the card linked here: https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/name-title-1
4. Have fun!

I will include examples in comment section for each of the stated categories.

And as for prizes, they will be determined for each category through the level of participation it sees.

Comments

• edited May 2020
    Lands:
    Frozen Filigree
    Snow Land | Uncommon
    Frozen Filigree enters the battlefield tapped.
    {t}: Add {w} or {b}.
    {2}{s}, {t}: Target snow creature gets +1/+1 and gains lifelink until end of turn. 

Flip Cards:
    Fledgling Tarrasque | {r}{g}
    Creature - Beast | Mythic Rare
    Trample
    If Fledgling Tarrasque has four or more +1/+1 counters on it, transform it.
    {1}{r}{g}: Put a +1/+1 counter on Fledgling Tarrasque.
    2/2
    --------
    Rampaging Tarrasque
    Creature - Beast
    Trample
    Protection from instants
    {4}{r}{g}, {t}, Sacrifice a land: Put four +1/+1 counters on Rampaging Tarrasque.
    4/4

Planeswalkers:
    Alex Bii | {3}{u}{r}
    Legendary Planeswalker - Alex | Mythic Rare
    Whenever a nontoken artifact enters the battlefield under your control, if it was cast, you may pay {x}, where X is its converted mana cost. If you do, create a token that's a copy of it.
    +2: Scry 2, then you may reveal the top card of your library. If an artifact card is revealed this way, put it into your hand.
    -1: The next artifact spell you cast this turn costs {2} less to cast.
    -8: Alex Bii deals X damage to any target and you draw X cards, where X is the number of artifacts you control. 
    Starting Loyalty: 3

Sagas:
    Breaking of the Land | {1}{r}{g}
    Enchantment - Saga | Rare
    I: Discard a card, then draw a card. If a land card is discarded this way, draw an additional card.
    II: Sacrifice up to two lands you control. For each land sacrificed this way, add two mana in any combination of colors.
    III: Breaking of the Land deals damage to any target equal to the number of lands in your graveyard.

Complex Token Creation:
    Verminous Amalgamation | {1}{g}{u}
    Creature - Mutant Rat Chimera | Rare
    Convoke
    Whenever you take damage, create a 1/1 green Mouse creature token with "Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, sacrifice it and create a 1/1 blue Bat creature token with flying and "When this creature is destroyed, create a 0/1 blue Moth creature token with flying.""
    1/1

Adventures:
    Grimes, Prized Scoundrel | {b}
    Legendary Creature - Elf Rogue | Mythic Rare
    Menace
    Whenever Grimes becomes blocked or dies, target opponent creates a Treasure token. 
    3/3
    --------
    Smuggle | {1}{b}{b}
    Sorcery - Adventure
    You may choose a card you own outside the game or in exile, reveal that card, and put it into your hand.

Aftermath Cards:
    Road | {1}{g}
    Sorcery | Uncommon
    Search your library for a basic land card and put it onto the battlefield tapped.
    --------
    Redemption | {2}{b}
    Sorcery | Uncommon
    Aftermath (Cast this spell only from your graveyard. Then exile it.)
    Return target card from your graveyard to your hand.

Split Cards:
    Up | {u}
    Instant | Common
    Target creature gains flying until end of turn.
    Fuse (You may cast one or both halves of this card from your hand.)
    --------
    Over | {g}
    Instant | Common
    Target creature gains trample until end of turn.
  • Bump...
  • edited May 2020
    tl;dr 
    Write down cards in the categories and stick them here. Enter and win serious accolades!
  • edited May 2020
    Something that could be neat here.

Split Cards:

Revoke

WW

Exile target creature you control, then
    return it to the battlefield with a +1/+1
    counter on it.
    ------------------------------------

Mind

3U

Return target creature you control to its owners
    hand. Scry X, where X is the converted mana cost
    of the returned creature, then draw two cards.

• edited May 2020
    I'm stifling laughter at the name of this card...
  • edited May 2020
    OK, so here's an aftermath card: 

Greed/{1}{B}
    Sorcery/Rare

Search your library for a card, then shuffle your library and put that card on top of it. Greed deals four damage to you. 

---------

Spectacle {R}
    Sorcery/Rare

Aftermath (Cast this spell only from your graveyard. Then exile it.)

Exile the top card of your library. Until end of turn, you may play that card if it has converted mana cost equal to or less than the amount of life you've lost this turn. 

• edited May 2020
    Begone and Thought as a card would not make the cut, while it is a play on words, we have a strong and welcomed female contingency here on this site and that specific phrasing (disguised or not) is completely unacceptable as it demeans the entire gender and we want everyone to feel comfortable and accepted while they are here.

Cards depicting or related to Alcohol, drinking, drugs and the like, are also not acceptable. You can make these cards for your own personal collection, if you liike, by using the Download feature, but cards like this will be removed from the site
  • Alright, that's fair.

• edited May 2020
    Aftermath:

Lightning | {r}

Instant | Uncommon

Lightning deals 3 damage to any target and 3 damage to you.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thunder | {3}{r}{r}{r}

Aftermath (Cast this spell only from your graveyard. Then, exile it.)

Instant | Uncommon

Discard your hand, then draw cards equal to the amount of noncombat damage dealt to opponents this turn.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxEdit: Adding this divider linexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(Yes, I realize that red could gain a lot cards off of this, but it takes a lot of setup to do it, so I’m not to worried about that.)
  • Hmmm. Interesting design @shadow123.
  • Guys, spread the word!

This contest has been getting so little attention!

If it picks up, the overall winner will receive premium membership!
  • Saga
    Foundry Duel  |  2RR

Enchantment - Saga | Rare

I. Each player created a 3/2 red Construct Warrior creature token.
    II. Until the start of your next turn, creatures your opponents control can't attack you.
    III. Each creature you control fights another target creature you don't control.
  • Beoump.
  • Good entries so far!
  • Sigh

Guys, please don't make me close this contest prematurely.
  • edited June 2020
    @Corwinnn

Begone Thoughts | {2}{b}{b}

Sorcery

This spell can't be countered.

Target player discards any number of cards and loses 4 life for each card in their hand.

"Bad thoughts, begone, least they gonna smother ye."
    - Nicol Bolas, slayer of thoughts
  • @Corwinnn, almost nobody is entering. Please close the contest.
This discussion has been closed.