Heroic Masters: Custom Masters Set - Black Card Previews and Feedback

edited July 2020 in Custom Card Sets

HELLO AGAIN

Hi, I'm Joemamajoe of MTGCardsmith, and I wanted to show you guys my very own Reprint Set I made. Actually, its a Masters™ set.

FOCUS

Heroic Masters™ main focus is the best, most popular cards across all formats. Vintage? Check. Legacy? Check. Modern? Check. Commander? Check. Standard? Ch-... Wait, maybe not Standard, but pretty much ever OTHER format. Popular cards, like Jace, the Mind Sculptor, and Command Tower make an appearance. Others, like Mana Drain, Mishra's Workshop, and Emrakul, the Aeons Torn, and other cards that are restricted, or even banned, make an appearance too (Those cards still are restricted, banned or even not tournament legal (Mishra's Workshop is not tournament legal in any format, not even Vintage.), but their still fun in casual play).

NUMBER OF CARDS/RARITY DISTRIBUTION

There are a total of 171 cards in Heroic Masters™ and the rarity distribution is off, but it is not totally broken. There are a lot of Mythic Rares in Heroic Masters™ for a small set like this. Usually, around 10-15 Mythic Rare cards would do, but there are a total of 19 Mythic Rares in Heroic Masters™

Rarity                    Number of Cards

CARD PREVIEWS*

The Green, Artifact and Land previews haven't been released yet, but the Colorless, White, and Blue have been released.

Other previews: https://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/5318/heroic-masters-white-and-blue-card-previews

Here are the black:

*Note that these previews don't have the new set symbol yet and shows the edition it was last reprinted in (Usually).

Black:

Augur of Skulls

Bitterblossom

Bloodghast

Damnation

Dark Confidant

Dark Ritual

Dead Weight

Demonic Tutor

Duress

Erg Raiders (NOTE: Erg Raider is at Common in Heroic Masters.)

Go for the Throat

Golgari Thug

Grave Scrabbler

Gravecrawler

Living Death

Mind Rake

Mind Twist (NOTE: It is at Uncommon (I know, but we could only have six black rares).)

Necropotence

Nights Whisper

Paralyze

Reanimate

Sengir Vampire

Sheoldred Whispering One

Sinkhole (NOTE: At Uncommon.)

Thoughtseize

Twisted Abomination

Wight of Precinct Six (Don't understand how this cards being reprinted in Jumpstart, as an COMMON! I would not even complain if it was a RARE!)

TO BE CONTINUED...

FEEDBACK IS ENCOURAGED. PLEASE HELP ME IMPROVE THE SET BY TELLING ME WHAT CARDS SHOULD REPLACE WHAT CARDS!

Look out for the rest of the cards on my forums profile page. Bye!

This discussion has been closed.