Spam Comments/ BS cards in Popular

To all moderators and admin. There has been a whole lot of spam comments for Google being posted throughout the custom card comments. Why is this, and how do we make it stop? In the past 2 days, the majority my comments have been commented on with this...

"Get $192 of an hour from Google!... Yes this is Authentic as I just got my first payout and was really awesome because it was the biggest number of $24413 in a week...(c3395)... It seems Appears Unbelievable but you won't forgive yourself if you do not check it

>>>> http://www.LifestylesLinks.com

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||"

Please make it stop!

On to my next rant...

We have all been seeing these bad, BS cards popping up on the popular list quite frequently in the past month or so. This is not my opinion, this is fact. Others have commented so on the cards. How does one regulate what is featured and popular? It is unfair to the faithful, prideful 'Smiths to see these garbage cards on the popular section of the front page.

I also feel it's a detriment to MTGCS itself for them to be popular. If I were a newer cardsmith looking for a reliable site to design, and I see those garbage cards being upvoted and popularized, I would think there is no pride in the sites work and craftsmanship. I would feel that nobody cares and anything goes. Bad formatting, bad grammar, bad syntax... it all looks bad. 

Comments

• "popular" only refers to cards which get a lot of favorites. They show up randomly from the recent cards I believe.
  • @FourEyesIsAFish, I know, the issue is the alt/spam accounts that are favoriting them to make them popular, even when they are trash.
  • Then that's... not really an issue then? If you click on the popular page, it takes you to a search of all favorited cards. 
  • @spookoops I'm not sure there is much they can do about spam comments. Even if they block the user from the site, that user will just make another email and go onto disqus that way. The best thing to do is to report and block them. For BS cards, a lot of times there is a friend group, that just favorite their friends cards. I don't think MTG cardsmith can do much about that. Other times, though, when they are just Alt accounts, the moderators would have to take the time to get total proof that they are alt accounts, and by then, the card is probably gone from the popular section. Doing these things takes time, and that resource may not be something the moderators have much of.
  • @fire12, that isn't as bleak as you paint it to be. I frequently work with the mods on those sorts of things, and it's usually fine. (It just gets tricky to tell sometimes if an alt is really an alt who covers tracks or someone who just indiscriminately faves things.)

I do agree with @spookoops that there has been a greater prevalence of such happening as of late.
  • I believe I have dealt with the spam issue. If you see any more, please link the card for me. As soon as I see spam, I can eradicate it! Sometimes I don't see them all.

This discussion has been closed.