Challenge Set Contest!!!!

Comments

• Challenge B - 1b. Create a snow sorcery that will only work in battlebond.

Trapped Under Ice

• Challenge 2b. Create a 1-drop board wipe
    The End

• edited March 2021
    When you go to Disneyland without a mask
  • edited March 2021
    lol
    exactly
  • Corwinnn - "Partner" is a commander mechanic too so it does not meet the only in Battlebond condition as is.  Even "Partner with" is in commander now.

OTOH, I love the art and concept.

When I was 10 or so I saw a horror movie with like an evil Satanist millionaire or something.  Chick dives into his pool.  He presses the button that causes as pane of unbreakable glass to slide out just under the water level.  Hideous death.
  • Thanks @mmm3creator I knew that, but didn't proofread before posting!
  • Here is the corrected version

Trapped Under Ice
  • Challenges updated!
  • Challenge B - 1c. Create an artifact that is a puzzle box.

Puzzlebox of Madness

A variation of Teferi's Puzzle Box
  • edited March 2021
    Corwinnn - sorry the fix isn't that easy.  I did point out  "Partner with" is valid in commander.  Every Commander deck from Ikoria has a pair 
    My favorite pair:
    https://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=484712
    because "whale wolf" - ha!
  • @Corwinnn, I'll let you keep your puzzle box, but it won't count until you fix the sorcery.  Sorry!
  • "Create a creature card that enters the battlefield under an opponent's control."

It's like a propaganda for blocking that you give to an opponent. It helps them in the short term by giving them an OK blocker against any other opponents, but sets you up for an alpha strike.
  • A Saga requires Metastory.   Fortunately I have one ready.

"In the land of Theros, there have recent upheavals on a divine level.  In this unsettled clime seers, kings, and other leaders all began receiving visions of an item from ancient myth.   Visions of the Laurel Crown

This crown has many legends around it.  That it carries Helios' blessings.  That it is Golden trap of Erebos.  That it was mage by the first man who walked the earth, who scorned love for the power to rule the world.  That it is forged from the dreams of mankind and a check on the power of the gods.  That even bogs must bow to it's wearer  That to wear it was to become a king of the gods.   not too much stock was put in any one story, but there were so many that only a few doubted there was such a thing.

All the dreams featured the crown being found and used.  Some seers saw tumult as the Gods were overthrown.  Others harmony as their vices were curbed.  Heroes imagined using it to bind he titans again.  Kings to conquer their enemies.  Villains of enforcing their will on all.  Good men of darkness should an evil hand seize it.  So the questes began."

This has always been the base plot for my Terhosian set, Thers: Laurel Crown.  Which recently expanded to include a second chapter in Theros, Children of the gods.

A  truth about what is going on has only been recently revealed, and was a surprise even to me.  For they were all of them, deceived.

A dark alliance has in secret been forged.  Consisting of Phenax the God of Deception and the powerful planeswalker Ashiok, who has been acting as a Dream Sculptor.  Sending false dreams and nightmares, twisting fate, all to some unknown end.

Who's charge is it, who can say.  One is he lord of deception itself, the other.  The other.  The other does something to the.  um, well I forget but the other does something that would make you think unwell of him.

Those with the acuity to uncover a portion of the truth and realize they are but pieces on a chessboard of the gods and alien sorcerers.   They dream these dreaded words the next time they sleep:

I Stole Your Fates Long Ago. by mmm3creator | MTG Cardsmith
  • Less than two days, everybody!
  • My fix on the sorcery was the line...
    "If your team controls three or more snow permanents, you gain life equal to it's mana value."

As far as I know this wording only exists within Battlebond. The "Partners with" correction was because I only had "Partner" and that wouldn't fit the right wording for Battlebond.

Does that meet your requirements @FORFUN?
  • Oh, I see.  That works, @Corwinnn!
  • Less than 24 hours left!
  • Closed for judging!
  • ahh crap I didn't make my card in time
  • Ok, I will try to post the top ten places in the time I have.
  • edited March 2021
    In tenth place:

Team C's card Legendfire by @ThePhantomJoker with challenge "Create a card with Pokemon art": 

Great card.  The art fits perfectly with everything else.  The one thing I think could be better is it seems quite under-powered.  If you are playing a mono-red deck, you still will most likely need about 3 or 4 turns to play a dragon, much more a legendary one.  So, by turn 4, this will basically be two shocks that must target a creature.  Other than that, great job!

• edited March 2021
    In ninth place:

Team B's card Sorceror's Curse by @WarriorCatInAhat with challenge "Create a Curse that harms both the enchanted player and owner":

I love this curse!  So far, out of all curses I have seen this is my favorite!  One thing that I think you could change is that it seems a little bit OP.  In commander, this probably wouldn't have too much of an effect, but in standard, you can easily drop an opponents life total at the price of two mana.  But overall, great job!

• edited March 2021
    In eighth place:
    Team A's card Swamp-Searcher by @AboveAndAbout with challenge with challenge "Create a card that does not have the word "the" in its rules text: 

Honestly, for a an uncommon card, this seems a little OP.  It is a 1/2, but that means it will die quicker, meaning you will gain 2 swamps easily.  Other than that, great card!
  • edited March 2021
    In seventh place:
    Team A's card N'Mal of Crimson Dreams by @TheDukeOfPork:

Creating a Theros God is quite difficult, in my opinion.  However, I think you did a great job with this card.  One thing I think is that it is a little under-powered.  In a game, it is sometimes difficult to gain life or an opponent to lose life, so you will most likely stay quite close to 10 life, which is dangerous in standard, and deadly in commander.  But, great work.
  • edited March 2021
    In sixth place:
    Team D's card Riddled Redoubt by @JackDraco with challenge "Create a creature card that enters the battlefield under an opponent's control":

Nice job!  This card uses your challenge to its advantage perfectly!  However, I think it is too powerful.  Sure, it is a 2/7 but you get to pay 3 mana for them to pay 2 to block with a single creature.  Maybe raising it to 4 or 5 mana would help.  But, other than that, great job!
  • In fifth place:
    Team A's card Cathodian's Ruse by @AboveAndAbout with challenge "Create a conspiracy":

I love this concept!  Linking it to Cathodian was an interesting design.  However, I would like to point out that this is a little OP.  For example, if you name a card like Dawnfluke, you could cast it for its evoke cost and still get the three colorless mana, making it like a Black Lotus.  Other than that, great card!
  • In fourth place:
    Team A's card Fine Wealth by @AboveAndAbout with challenge "Create a card with no more than 13 distinct letters in the alphabet":

I'm impressed!  I said 13 letters and you used less.  However, I did say one line of flavor text and you used about half, so I'll accept it, but I would liked to see you use your last two letters to finish at least 3/4 of the line.  But, other than that, great job!
  • I'll write the last three places later today, because I have to do a few things.  Sorry!
  • no problem at all man
This discussion has been closed.