Challenge Set Contest!!!!

Comments

• If you use an evergreen ability, it wouldn't need rules text. It could be done, but it would be, ultimately, very vanilla.
  • I will post the results by this weekend, maybe earlier.
  • Ok, here we go!
  • In third place:

Team B's card Draught Cur by @Corwinnn with challenge "Create a creature card with P/T */* that does not have the word “power’ in its rules text.":

I like this design!  Honestly, I had a few different methods in mine and I would prefer for it to be a little bit more creative.  But other than that, it is well made and balanced.  Great job!

• In second place:

Team B's card Field of Pain by @Corwinnn with challenge "Create a 9-drop mono-colored enchantment with devoid that can only be cast if you planeswalked to Bolas's Meditation Realm.":

I'm impressed!  This challenge was extremely difficult.  So, this card basically removes your ability to use to much mana, however 13 damage is enough probably to knock out an opponent in one turn, especially because this is late game.  Also, you forgot the final period.  Other than that, wonderful job!

• In first place:

Team A's card Mychorrhizae Stomper by @AboveAndAbout with challenge "Create a 15-drop 1/1 creature with only 1 line of rules text and the does not have the word “game” in its rules text.": 

Honestly, I expected a very well balanced card with every ability in history.  But, it was very creative to use reminder text.  Great job!

• edited April 2021
    Team B has 2 cards in the top 3 and team A has 1 card.  I am sorry, but this means team A has been eliminated.

@Corwinnn and @WarriorCatInAhat , I will give you your final challenge.

@AboveAndAbout and @TheDukeOfPork, I'm sorry you didn't pass this round.  I enjoyed reviewing all of your cards and think you have improved greatly just by making these cards.  I will PM you.
  • edited April 2021
    @Corwinnn and @WarriorCatInAHat, your challenge is:

Create a mono-colored sorcery with storm and epic that does not have the card's color in its art and does not have devoid.
    Good luck!  You have until Apr. 16 11:59 PM EST.
  • Oooo that looks fun!
  • Good Job @AboveAndAbout and @TheDukeOfPork! Those were all very difficult challenges!
  • yeah, especially the two-vowel one
    good job everyone
  • @WarriorCatInAhat - We did it! 
    Good luck to you! No matter the outcome I had fun working with you, we made a good team! But now we are pitted against one another, and you must be defeated!
    XD
  • yes it was very fun working with you
    I'm gonna lose though
  • At this point, no one loses!
  • eh
    perhaps
    perhaps not
  • edited April 2021
    Create a mono-colored sorcery with storm and epic that does not have the card's color in its art and does not have devoid.

The Coming Storm

Here is my entry! Good Luck @WarriorCatInAhat!
  • 'Storm' Tee-hee!
  • edited April 2021
    The idea is that you cast this initially with Storm, to build up counters. The counters allow you to distribute damage to creatures your opponent might have. Casting it alone causes it to do nothing but create a token, which also does nothing until this goes Epic, then you build damage, 2 at a time 2, 4, 6 and so on, which must be used to take out creatures until there are none, at which point The Coming Storm is... inevitable.

That's right... It's Thanos. I've created Endgame Thanos!
  • edited April 2021
    Now you can plot my demise! Muahahaha! Wait, why am I laughing? You're going to plot my demise!!
     :D 
  • 12 hours left!
  • NOOO I MISSED IT
    crap
    well gg @Corwinnn
  • Quick, WCIAH, quick.
  • Ok, well I'm sorry @WarriorCatInAhat.  But you still get 6 favorites!   I will PM you and @Corwinnn.

And, *cough* @TheDukeOfPork *cough*, please read the PM I sent you.
  • Congratulations @Corwinnn, for winning this contest and @WarriorCatInAHat for placing second!  And you might be upset with the results, and that is okay.  Because...

I'm making another one. :)

• Yes! Thanks to you @FORFUN and @WarriorCatInAhat, my Partner in Crime and also final nemesis! I'm looking forward to the next one!
  • thanks to @FORFUN for hosting this challenge, and thanks to @Corwinnn for working with me. gg everyone. this was very fun.
  • @FORFUN I know. I haven't had time. I'll reply now. :) Sorry!
This discussion has been closed.