Welcome to Mystery Box Land - the 200 Page Celebratory Amusement Park

Comments

• @samconsumespie
    Beach time!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your mystery box contains:

• Prize 351 - Judge's Emblem: The next time I judge entries, you may judge with me!
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Human Shaman creature card using this artwork by Dib-artistMirror

• The Human part is making finding art tricky, even though one would think that finding art of a sleeping guard would be easy enough.
  • Excellent @samconsumespie
    let me know where to next or if staying in the beach for a while
  • I'd love to take a stroll at the Beachwalk please!
  • i would like to ride the interdimensional slingshot please
  • @Hergusbergus welcome to the beach!!! Have a seat in the sand!

your mystery box contains:
    • Premium Prize 131All time Favorites: I will flip through your collection and favorite all cards that I like.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature that can't block using the following artwork by Douglas Draco Old Desert
  • @samconsumespie upward you're slung

Crash-landing, quite roughly, you tumble to a halt on a sand dune. There's nothing around you for miles... you aimlessly start walking towards the setting sun in hopes of an extra few minutes of daylight to see your surroundings. Create a Desert land card.
  • edited June 2021
    Well... it's time to work from home and go live for a bit while I keep constructing Mystery Box Land in Planet Coaster :)

twitch.tv/cryptocaillou

Scratch that, I just got hailed into work early!

Next time haha
  • While I wait for my golf buddy to make par, I shall head to the Beachwalk Area to get a slice of pizza.
  • @jpastor Not sure if this card counts.
    Hole #3
    Create a 4-mana rare Sorcery or Instant card that's the same color(s) as your last card that serves as a removal card or a defensive card.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/from-the-shadows-13?list=user

• What does the Mystery Spot do exactly?
  • @jpastor, here's a sleepy boi!

It's looking like the beach is the place to go! I'll hang out with our friends there!
  • Disclaimer: I create cards using a different software, and upload those submissions to the subreddit r/custommagic. If you wish to replace favoriting cards from cardsmith with upvoting my cards on r/custommagic, you may do that. Thanks @jpastor !

"Create a creature that can't block using the following artwork by Douglas Draco"

Done and done! I'm ready for a ride at Mystery Creek Floats, please!
  • edited June 2021
    I would like to go to the kitchen, because food is good sometimes
  • @AboveAndAbout - Come down to the Beachwalk area - There's a Tiki-Bar with all kinds of food.

• Create a red and white artifact creature that has wheels and can gain you life.
    https://www.mtgcardsmith.com/view/streakskitter

I'm going to line up for Goldscream and go to the Information Booth. @jpastor If all of Mystery Box Land is being treated as one big deadline, how is it being judged?  Based on individual cards by each cardsmith like regular Mystery Boxes, factoring in performance on the attractions, factoring in amount of participation, something else?  Will it be based on voting or will you be judging solo?  If based on voting, will there be groupings/subcategories so we don't have to sift through 50+ cards?
  • edited June 2021
    @Corwinnn @ShadowReign Hole #4

Create a rare or uncommon artifact card that does something cool!
  • @TheDukeOfPork
    The flight of stairs takes you right back to the hallway with the trap door... better not go near it... it's bright in here now... too bright. Create a card with a flame or bright light in the artwork.
  • @AboveAndAbout
    weird and various things - have you ever been in a funhouse?
  • @Ranshi wonderful!

Why not grab a bubbly beverage at the tiki hut on your way? Your nonchalant mystery box contains:
    • In the sand you find a Hybrid Pearl: I'll fave all hybrid mythic rares in your collection that I like.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create an instant with a single target that's not a creature you control using this art by Reed

• @Hergusbergus
    lazy river floats or rapids?
  • @AboveAndAbout
    Sorry i misread the question

the mystery spot is a weird place... not the funhouse... ever been in to a mystery spot where you feel like you're defying gravity, but it's all basically illusion?
  • @WarriorCatInAhat
    The kitchen beholds wondrous sights... knives stuck to the ceiling but upside down, so that the pointy ends are sticking downward... better not stand under there. Some of the cupboards are crooked at 45 degree angles, but 1 is normal and straight. There's also a fossette dripping, but the water is blood red. Lastly, there's a window on the fridge door allowing you to see the contents inside... rather, it allows you to see that there is a hallway inside the fridge... it's not a fridge at all. Do you,

Open the cupboard that's normal?
    Turn off the blood red water fossette?
    Head into the fridge?
  • @jadefire I will be judging as a whole like i do in mystery box challenges. No different than what i've done before, when i have to judge entries across multiple modes, i simply take my time.
  • What can I do there?
  • Currently need 1 more for Goldscream
    In queue
    @Zaheer_The_Grim
    @Jadefire

@AboveAndAbout
    In terms of mystery boxing - the mystery spot is a place where you can explore a "mystery spot" that's a weird house. While you explore, you face decisions that ultimately help you construct a Mystery Box. Certain decisions you make lead to prizes... and certain decisions lead to a mystery challenge. Once you receive a challenge you are done in the mystery spot and off to the races elsewhere. So, make the right decisions and you can end up with multiple prizes in your mystery box before leaving!

• Actually, I'll leave and join the Goldscream then.
This discussion has been closed.