Reactivation Challenge #15– "MTG Lore Challenge"

edited November 2015 in Contests and Challenges
Reactivation Disclaimer:
1 ) An inactive challenge is chosen to be reactivated, it gets posted for new submissions with a new deadline.
2 ) The new judge cannot choose his or her own submissions as the winner.
3 ) After the winners are declared, the judge selects one participant as the next host (must be an active member).
4 ) The chosen participant chooses the next challenge that has been inactive for over 2 months. He or she hosts it as the reactivation judge.
5) The reactivation judge starts this process all over from step 1.

Second Disclaimer:
- New discussion is opened for each reactivated challenge. A link to the original challenge is put there.
- The alternate judge must send a message to original judge to notice that his or her challenge is reactivated by the alternate judge.
- The original judge has a right to take over their original challenge or to ask for it to remain open and unresolved at any time prior to a winner being declared and posted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original Challenge by @hafglop
Link to the original challenge (with previous submissions): http://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/365/mtg-lore-challenge

Hello guys! This is Hafglop and this is my first challenge yet.
This challenge may be a little different from other challenges, because in this challenge, you need to think about the lore behind the card and not if the card is even playable. (Though don't make a card super unplayable, it might be easier to make it playable).

So, in this challenge you pick a character, a place or an event from one of Magic sets and make a card for it. For an example, this card is about elspeth after she died, and even if it's not perfect, and it shows the phyrexian part, the bant part and the enchantments/theros part of her: http://mtgcardsmith.com/view/elspeth-betrayed?list=user#.VXfzZ_mqpHw

additional rules:
- In this challenge, your creatures MUST be legendary, so you can't pick something like "Mirran Rebel" or "Nezumi Assassin".
- You can use phyrexian mana only for cards related to phyrexia, and you can't make a planeswalker with hybrid mana in it's mana cost.
- You may make a legendary creature that is a planeswalker before it's spark ignited, but make it a flip card with a planeswalker side.

You can make as much entries as you want, so feel free to make a cycle of cards or just alot of entries. (But don't spam).

I'm looking forward to seeing your cards and maybe even learning about MTG lore. Good luck and have fun!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reactivation Notes

I think this may be a really sweet challenge, live out your creativity! But I'd like to change a small thing:
- please no more than 3 entries per person (5 if you really want to do a cycle), since I probably won't have the time to look through more cards or it would take forever (those who have already entered of course can create three new entries, just tell me which ones I should judge)

1st place: 5 favorites
2nd place: 3 favorites
3rd place: 2 favorites

Since this may need a little more thinking, the deadline will be in two weeks:
23rd November

Have fun & good luck! :)

Comments

This discussion has been closed.