Best Combos

Post the best (real) combo you own on this page.

Comments

• edited November 2015
    Dark Ritual. Entomb. Exhume. Anything Else. Bam.
  • edited November 2015
    Nice!
  • edited November 2015
    2 Joraga Warcallers. Bam.
  • @crucibleofhate why do you need Dark Ritual though?
  • Turn 1 Sphinx of the Steel Wind is pretty fun XD
  • Mindcrank + Bloodchief Ascension+ Any random wheel
  • Isochron Scepter + Silence. I built a Legacy deck around it and I can activate it by turn two. That deck is so hated/dreaded by my friends that I am exited to bring it to a real tournament.
  • edited November 2015
    I really like to get Paradox Haze into play along with Sands of Time (sometimes two Sands of Time).
    http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=sands+of+time
    http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=109721

It doesn't often do anything to make me insta-win, but it usually, seriously messes with my opponent's head.
  • I love using two hardened scales and a daily regimine+ any non-shrouded creature for an infinite combo:

step one: play all cards needed(takes a couple turns, three at most)
    step two: activate daily regimine's counter ability
    Step three: the first hardend scales goes off
    step four: the second hardened scales goes off, triggering the first hardened scales
    step five: attack with your infinite creature
  • Sanguine Bond, Exquisite Blood, maybe a Boon Reflection,then Swords of Plowshares on one of your creatures (The biggest or smallest you got), and then just simply watch the tears come out of your opponent's eyes. >:D
  • Niv-Mizzet Firemind, Psychosis Crawler, Vencer's Journal, and Mind Unbound.

Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind
    4/4 flying
    whenever you draw a card, niv-mizzet deals 1 damage to target creature or player.
    tap to draw a card

Psychosis crawler
    power and toughness each equal to the number of cards in your hand.
    whenever you draw a card, each opponent loses 1 life.

Vencer's Journal
    Gives no maximum hand size
    At the beginnung of your upkeep, gain 1 life for each card in your hand.

Mind Unbound.
    AT the beginning of your upkeep, put a lore counter on Mind Unbound, then draw a card for each lore counter on mind unbound.

mind unbound lets you spam draw cards.
    that then causes niv-mizzet do deal damage.
    also causes psychosis crawler to deal damage and get tougher
    Vencer's Journal allows no max hand, and you gain life for your giant amount of cards in your hand.
  • Traumatize (Mill the top half of your library) and Keening Stone (Mill the number of cards in your graveyard)
  • Also, two Carnifex Demons out at the same time bouncing counters back and forth.
  • When I think of combos I think of exquisite blood to sanguine bond or vice versa. But then you have dark rituals, 1st turn nighthawk is cool, pretty annoying if you fight against it, and 2nd turn (Sigh) desecration demon is OP.
  • Starfield of Nyx + Grim Guardian ->
    Activate the second clause on Starfield, turning enchantments into creatures ->
    Cast/Tutor in a Joruney to Nowhere ->
    JtN goes on stack, target itself (Which is only possible due to Starfield) ->
    JtN "resolves", exiling itself and simultaneously returning itself to the battlefield due to the second clause -> '
    Have JtN target itself, again ->
    Repeat this as many times as it is needed.

The deck/combo is supported by Enduring Ideal as its tutor and Dovescape+Curse of Death's Hold as the "protection".

Also works with Impact Tremors, but the deck I play it in doesn't run red.
  • edited February 2016
    Opalescence (or Starfield of Nyx) + Parallax Wave

Permanently exile any number of creatures at instant speed while also recurring ETB ability as many times as you want.
  • Doubling Season + Opalescence + Followed Footsteps
    Animate Dead + Worldgorger Dragon + no graveyard
    Relentless Ratsx40+ + Thrumming Stone + cast Relentless Rats
    3x Oblivion Ring + no other nonland permanents
    Leyline of Punishment (or no life gain variant) + Donate/Bazaar Trader + Lich's Mirror + cause opponent to lose game

And last, but certainly not least and also the subject of my very not well put together Modern combo deck, Sugar Rush,

Sporemound + Life and Limb

(Can anyone tell I like breaking the game?)
  • @drigglesnork, what about Niv Mizzet and Wheel of Fortune?
  • @Grimshac, that combo is hilarious. I love it!
  • @MrRansom

Thanks, it is of my own devicing as well :)
    I am certain others have done something similar, but this version is mine :3
    I needed a way to win pillowfort vs pillowfort and potentially deal with "Troll Worship" (the card "Worship" is the key-card), and this was what I came up with. It's a small thing, but I'm surprisingly proud of it, haha.
  • thought of a rare, but epic combo:
    Gleancrawler+Doomgape+Ghoultree x2

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=338391
    http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=292979
    http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=262662

Works EXTREMELY well in a graveyard power deck. each turn, sack a Ghoultree from Doomgape's ability, gain 10 life. Then, use gleancrawler to get ghoultree back. you can get 10 life every other turn with 1 ghoultree, and get 10 life every turn by cycling 2 ghoultrees
  • how about... liliana, defiant necromancer and voracious null. attack, deal damage, sac all but voracious null, they re-enter untapped, bam.
  • @corwinnn, this one's for you. Squirrel Nest and Earthcraft - unlimited 1/1 squirrels!
  • Turn 1, Sol Ring, cast Isochron Scepter, imprint SIlence on it.
    Turn 2... hope your opponent destroyed Isochron Scepter in time, because they will no longer be able to cast spells anymore!
  • Rest in Peace + Helm of Obedience.

Great combo.
  • @Suicidal_Deity

That's too damn easy man. Boo!
This discussion has been closed.