Post your cards here, see what others think

Comments

• edited April 2018
    image image
    image image
  • @Tomigon
    I still think that's too abusable, because now instead of relying on a token to transform, you just need the flip side to die too, and if they bounce it, you can cast the front side again, unlike the token which just vanishes, and then we're stuck with the original problem. Maybe add "at the beginning of the next end step" like Grave Betrayal?
  • edited April 2018
    [REDACTED]
  • Place Your Bets is updated:
  • edited April 2018
    ^ @KrampisZman @modnation675 @Gelectrode @AustinSmith @Phelgming @Brainifyer ^

Future wording will use "voting' terminology.

Thanks, @ningyounk!

Choose an opponent at random. Each player
    votes for you or that opponent. Clash with the
    chosen opponent.

Each player that voted for the winner, exiles
    the top card of their library. Until your next
    turn, players may play the card they exiled
    this way without paying its mana cost.

Yirivar merchant's negative tendency: gambling.
  • edited April 2018
    I created a card for you, and you, and you, and you...

• edited April 2018

It is "solemn" because she is not smiling
  • edited April 2018
    imageimage
    Opinions on the last card? I made it strictly for commander...is it broken and/or worded properly?
  • edited April 2018
    I am posting some of my dinosaur cards here:
    Diozzien, Baryonyx Mutant Snowy Baryonyx
  • My character's champion version after winning The Tournament of Champions! What do you think?

• edited April 2018

Sort of a more specific to the summoning side version of an Altar, inspired by Altar's Reap and a little bit from Demon of Death's Gate
  • @TenebrisNemo, congratulations!

@Valoth, seems like an easy and overpowered way to consistently access Griselbrand and Rune-Scarred Demon. Maybe put it into your hand or something like this:

"As an additional cost to cast Altar's Summoning, sacrifice any number of creatures.

Search your library or graveyard for a Demon creature card with total power and toughness X or less, where X is the total power and toughness of creatures sacrificed to cast this spell, and put it onto the battlefield tapped. If you searched your library this way, shuffle it."

Thoughts?

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/rix-maadi-marionette
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/strings-attached
  • @Gelectrode I gett that it seems to be a pretty easy way, which is one reason I made it specifically human, may consider upping it to three human creatures though, the key is for it to be somewhat of an easy source for Demons (hence the selection of flavor text) I also could up the life loss to 6 or 7
  • edited April 2018

Feedback? Not sure if primeval is too imposing, since it shuts out most removal and Riadhar has shroud. Also considered making him cheaper because of how slow he is to win with unless you pack him with a lot of burn spells and card draw (maybe 6 CMC?), but a 4th symbol alongside the {5}{u}{r} ends up right next to the edge of the card name.

The core inspiration behind primeval was the Cardboard Crack comic about Emrakul and squirrels, with the exception that it would probably apply to mostly legendary creatures. If I were to apply to nonlegendaries, I'd probably stick it onto something gigantic. Like Ancient Brontodon, maybe. Nothing like being crushed by a swarm of squirrels, right?

Comic for those who haven't seen it :

• @Gelectrode - That never gets old!
  • edited April 2018
  • who's exited for dominaria?
  • @RadRaider12, I am too! I love how everything in the set is relevant, especially when there is so much irrelevancy on this site! Exclamation point!

Do you have any cards you would like to share?

@TenebrisNemo, nice twist on Vanishing. Reduce the power by 1, and I think it is fair.

Thoughts?

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/nemesis-trap
  • @Gelectrode - I was struggling with balance when I compared it to Kalonian Tusker and Talara's Battalion, but I've done what you suggested.
  • Woah, went to the second page XD

The fourth noncreature card with morph.

Analyzing this will probably be difficult:
    Explanation in the comment section.
  • I would like to hear your thoughts about these three, connected cards.

imageimageimage
  • edited April 2018
    Using my mechanic:
    Belief [cost] (You may cast this card without paying its mana cost.
    If you do, each other player may pay [cost]. If no mana is paid this
    way, counter this spell.
    )

• @Faiths_Guide, really nice card! An excellent multiplayer mechanic.

Thoughts on my own mechanic?
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/cho-arrim-patrol
  • edited April 2018

The idea of eminence was a cool idea for Commander, and the idea of a Demon having been the first to really introduce Demon's and their power to the multiverse. I personally do not care too much for annihilator as an ability, however it fits rather well with his eminence ability whenever he attacks. It makes it very Demon oriented because he will benefit your opponents, while also making it dangerous for them because they will have to sacrifice a lot which then makes more Demons. It's really quite a slippery slope effect I know.

Overall I wanted feedback on it. Too much? Maybe need to decrease the number for Annihilator?
This discussion has been closed.