Cards of MtgCardsmiths: The Saga Continues

Comments

• I love the gremlins cards you made for me XD it's the least I can do. I'll make yours a surprise.@Lastjustice
  • edited April 2018
    @LittleDemon Someone already made an impish card(Deepsky), so I decided to use your avatar as a source of imp-spiration!

• edited April 2018
    This card isn't for anyone but there's a funny story involved I thought I'd share since I made it...

This card based off an inside joke that happened. My best friend and I went to the Dominara prerelease event to play two headed giant. I entered our team name, and the guy misheard me and called us Sister of Ninjas instead of the actual name I said.(Which was the name of our hometown that I am not going say, and Ninjas) I didn't know until the tournament started and we were stuck with it. Hence she has the ability to replace names with hers. Everyone who played us was expecting to be going against girls. I was like nooo, we're like Bare naked ladies...we're not. It definitely generated alot of laughs for the day.

We won the first round, but thankfully lost the other two. Had we gone undefeated my friend would insisted we kept the silly name. Cubs fans are always superstitious like that heh. Since we lost we can go with somethnig else next time. I will hand whatever that name is to the guy at the shop, Dave written out so there's not another mix up. If it gets messed up again I just have to assume Dave doesn't like me then.
  • @Lastjustice @sorinjace @Aryanf Thank you for the cards you made of me. Now to return the favor... After I find some art.
  • edited April 2018
    @StarkProctor:
    I couldn't resist. The artwork felt like something you would get a kick out of, hope you like the card.
  • I made this for @Battlesocke:

The artwork was too cool, and it shows this guy holding a sword, so I went with it, why not! There is so many good Sword equipments in the game this would be a sick card to work with them. Anyways, hope you like it @Battlesocke!
  • edited May 2018
    @TigerFang8:

imageimage

I wanted to make you a serious card, and I gave it extra thought instead of being typical black Zombies, I went with white Zombies like in the Amonkhet/Hour of Devastion sets with a dash of Dominaria to it. Hope you like it!
  • @sorinjace, I am ready to host. Just give me the word and we can go over the rules.
  • @sorinjace it's very cool :D i even consider theory crafting an edh deck around him
  • @sorinjace That is cool. The thing is, I am currently trying to build a black white zombie deck XD.
  • edited May 2018

The card I did for @Ranshi922! Oh, and look at that, the flavor text is a flavorful way of hinting at your phobias blog! I hope you enjoyed this card :) Glad that a person like you is doing what you do.
  • @ManaChrome, thank you so so much. I was starting to think that my blog was “going to the dogs” I love the card. Thanks so much! =D
  • @Lastjustice, that was a quality pun. Its IMPressive!
  • I get a few winners by sheer volume heh.
  • edited May 2018
    This is a card I made for all of you, because I enjoy the fiendliness and helpfulness of every single one of you. If I wanted to make a card for every cardsmith, that deserves it, I'd have to make dozens of them, so here it is:

• That looks like a recreation of Disney’s Robinhood (still have no idea why they made them all animals...)
  • edited May 2018
    @HouseDimir requested for a card to be made for him, so I delivered:

imageimage
  • If any of you are interested, I have a bunch of ideas that could be used to represent a cardsmith in an un-set sorta way.

"If there are two or more instant or sorcery cards in youf graveyard created by [cardsmith] on mtgcardsmith.com, [effect, replacement effect, gains a new ability]."

"If you control a [permament type] named [iconic or most favorited card that a cardsmith made], [effect, replacement effect, gains a new ability]."
    ]
  • edited May 2018

I decided to have the flavor text depict us cardsmiths in general in a competition, with each of us competing with all of our cards as our companions, cities, soldiers, and followers. This one was done for @Valoth! I hope you enjoy the card bud :)

I think I wanna make this concept a full-on set! What do you guys think? A set that is based off of cardsmiths in a "cardsmith home plane!"

Maybe some of it's mechanics will focus on creating tokens to represent cardsmithing, artifacts to represent our ancient creations, pulling cards "from outside the game" could also represent this concept, and maybe even my scroll idea (check Madhat Archivist on the site) as another way of representing us pulling from other worlds! What do you guys think?

Also, although not tutoring for this cardsmith's recent cards, the flavor text does represent @Gelectrode as a cardsmith mentor!
  • @ManaChrome, my emotional receptors are tickled!
  • @ManaChrome I can handle a joke if it's done well. I made a mixture of series and jokey cards for other people, I see no reason can't do the same for me.
  • Ooh! I made up @Hinges already! Will post tomorrow.
  • @Lastjustice Aww, I'd love to do a card for you! But before I start, may I ask, what's your color identity, how do you like to build decks? And most importantly, how do you like to play the game and make custom cards?
  • Oh, and how would you like to be represented in this cardsmith world? Some sorta archmage, a master rogue in the main city of the plane, a shaman in the Evenfell woods, a travelling merchant, etc. I wanna see how you would want to stand in the flavorful and worldbuilding aspects of the plane!
  • I think this will answer everything....

• edited May 2018
    @Scott_Anderson I made a card for you and used two of mechanix toward yours and another card.

It comes complete with Racked, or as I dubbed Spartan.

@Oryinthin , not sure if you ever check the forums, but you favorite tons of my cards, and I thought I'd show that I notice. I used your own card as a blue print to what you might like. https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/oryinthin-the-shining-one?list=user

I used your other mechanic Vised or in this case Sage.
  • edited May 2018
    Because the ultimate hater has to hate! (he made the hate thread, not just being mean spirited with my card. ) http://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/comment/107450#Comment_107450 He even favorited it himself so it's cool.

He's the ultimate hatebear!

• edited May 2018
    @Modnation675 I know you guys are going away for a bit,so I made a final going away present. The duo has a very easy to guess Anagram hehe.

@Scott_Anderson I told you I had an idea for a third one hehe. Here it is. I got the idea to make Arbiter as the one that seeks perfect balance at 4. Which they do for the community as well so thought was fitting.
  • edited May 2018

@Lastjustice I hope you like it :D
This discussion has been closed.