Create a keyword

create a keyword and post it

Comments

• Here's a dreadful one.

• cool
    i like the card and the use of the keyword on infamous rider
  • Mature (To mature this creature, exile it. If you do, search your library for a non-Young creature card that shares a creature type with it. You may cast it by paying the difference in mana costs between it and this creature. Then shuffle your library.)

Examples:
    image image image

Set and Discussion
  • Counter strike (Whenever this creature is dealt combat damage, if the damage is less than its toughness, it deals damage to the source equal to the difference.)

Examples:
    image image image

Set
  • @Faiths_Guide I love the flavor and the cards, Egg-Freed Hydra seems to have a problem, how do you deal with X cost hydras? but everything else in fun and the art is cute
  • @Faiths_Guide counter strike gives samurai love they deserrve, plus id play Ja'Kora commander
  • Instruct ({t}: Tap any number of untapped creatures you control. They become instructed until end of turn.)

Examples:
    image image image

Set
  • @Faiths_Guide slow down I cant keep up with the quality
    I love the way it works and the potential for some trixy plays is immense
  • @kittenjoe
    Take some time to check out the sets! You can get back to me with your thoughts here or via PM!
  • I was thinking of a keyword that changed based on the card's color.

Apotheosis (cost) - (You may cast this for its Apotheosis cost. If you do it becomes X with Y (based on its color) in addition to its other types.)

If white: become an Angel with Flying and Lifelink
    If black: become a Demon with Flying and Menace
    If blue: become a Djinn with Flying and Hexproof
    If green: become an Elemental with Trample and Reach
    If red: become a Dragon with Flying and Haste

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/devoted-inquisitor
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/fel-warlock
  • @fiskerton unique and interesting, good thinking
  • edited June 2018
    Souldrain:

• Stockpile:
  • edited June 2018
    @TenebrisNemo Not going to lie, Dreadful is pretty incredible. It's simple, intuitive, easy to balance, can show up at any rarity, and it's effective; it's got everything a good keyword needs. I could even see it being a real evergreen keyword.

I would be shocked and dismayed if it didn't win this for you. Good job.
  • @Phelgming
    Yeah dreadful is one of the most realistic custom mechanics I've seen.. And I've seen many custom mechanics!

@kittenjoe
    If you are interested in custom mechanics you should check out this: https://mtgcardsmith.com/user/TheMechanix
  • @bnew07 i like the way this works, stockpile reminds me of suspend, gj
  • @sorinjace i like souldrain, it could give you some ways to wipe a board with multiple attackers, plus (even though it should be a black mechanic) if red got it, then aggro +removal in one big swing GJ
  • I love how much people are talking and submitting on this contest, i didnt even expect 3 submissions when i made this, just wow
  • Resist *Color/type*(Prevent all damage from a *selected color* Source dealt to this creature.)

*Type*slayer (Whenever this creature assigns damage to a *type*, it deals double damage instead.)

Psychic (If this creature would deal combat damage to a player, instead that player puts that many cards from the top of their library into their graveyard.)

And many others, as this a set where I compiled everything I came up with, modified, or renamed. https://mtgcardsmith.com/user/Lastjustice/sets/31890
  • edited June 2018
    Belief [cost] (You may cast this card without paying its mana cost. If you do, each other player may pay [cost]. If no mana is paid this way, counter this spell.)

image image image image image image
  • edited June 2018

This mechanic may just become real.
  • edited June 2018
    Here is my custom one mechanic; Invaluable.

Invaluable (This permanent can't be sacrificed and can't change controllers.)

• @pakashara
    Nice! Don't know how well the mechanic fits on that example, but I like it!
  • edited June 2018
    The other half makes use of it by making it so you can't sacrifice it.

--Not an entry--

• @Phelgming & @Tomigon - It's an honor when I get a compliment from you. Thank you very much! Dreadful was the first custom keyword I came up with,
  • @Axnoodle please do not post joke submissions
  • @pakashara simple, simple is good
  • edited June 2018
    @Faiths_Guide Neato, belief is a fun mechanic for group shenanigans
  • you guys are so impressive, the quality on these cards are incredible and I want to thank everyone who has been participating, tommorow I will give the winner a favorite + a follow, i know i have not mentioned this before but the page will stay open but the contest will be over, thank you all
  • @LastJustice the MILL with that unicorn! I love it! plus neat slayer mechanic, I can see that in a tribal set like Lorwin or Ixalan and resist is like protection from but different enough to be its own thing, Bravo!
This discussion has been closed.