Post your cards here. Actually see what others think.

Comments

• edited July 2018
    @modnation675, i like the idea of a go-wide, go-low strategy in green. However, if you're just grabbing any cards you want from your library, that's a double tutor in green, albeit delayed. I personally think you should be exiling off of the top of your library. Also, the second ability. Are you revealing these from your hand? that would make the most sense.

My card: https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/deaths-dawn-1?list=set&set=29412
    Originally intended to be played in a proxy commander game in which all of the commanders are custom.
  • @Mrbobblehead: i thought this was a sorcery/instant before I clicked on it. It doesn't sound like a creature name. Also, the reference to 'end of your upkeep' is a bit odd. Why not just have it repeat once at the beginning of your upkeep? Seems cleaner. The other issue is that you can reanimate huge creatures as Spirits with this, and Spirits don't really do that. They are, for flavour purposes, typically small. That's why most such things will make it a 1/1 spirit, but retain the abilities. I would also be concerned about the power level here, but since it's Commander and a 2/4 flier for 5 is mediocre at best, it seems okay. Great art, though, and nice idea! Would make a fun general.

Thoughts on this?
  • edited July 2018
    @Billthesomething: did you leave feedback on my card?
  • @KalamMekhar
    It would be interesting if you replaced artifact with legendary. Plus I don't like instants/sorceries becoming artifacts.
  • edited July 2018
    @modnation675: the anti-artifact flavour was meant to be a counterpoint to the character she is connected to (Saheeli). I agree with the instant/sorcery incongruity, although I let it slide due to the applications vs Storm. I will have to give this a rethink.

It would be interesting to make an analogous card for legendary, although that would make everything hinge upon the second ability as the first ability would be little more than flavour text unless you're playing against Superfriends (whereas Radhika's first ability is great on its own vs Affinity, Lantern, and KCI).
  • edited July 2018
    @Billthesomething
    You may not be aware, this is the "Actually see what others think" discussion I started. The rules are that you must either leave a fave or comment on the card preceding yours when you post it. In your case, this means that you need to go to @KalamMekhar 's: https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/radhika-rai

Here's my comment on Eglise anyway (which I've duplicated in the card's comment section) -
    Reach isn't typically a mono-white meachanic (it is a tertiary evergreen, but it still feels out of place, even for a guy on the highest ramparts of a church). You did get the flavor you were shooting for across though, so kudos for that! The cost is too high for what this guy accomplishes and 7 toughness seems very odd on an average human. Hermit isn't an existing MtG subtype so I'd personally avoid it; replacing it with Cleric might be acceptable. The wording of your ability is unnecessarily long, as it's implied to be in effect while Eglise is on the battlefield. You could truncate thus: Gargoyles you control have menace. Keep in mind that "menace" shouldn't be capitalized. I hope this helped some!

@modnation675 and @KalamMekhar
    Please refrain from card discussions here (outside of your initial response). That would be better to keep within card comment sections on their respective pages. It just helps to keep this discussion clutter-free and make it as simple as possible for everyone to know what is the next card up.

I do appreciate you giving insight on Kalam's card though, modnation! I also left a small comment on your card's page, @KalamMekhar.

Sorry for the interrupt (I know those are outdated).

Alright Smiths!

This is a somewhat unique discussion page (this is a function reminder), look at Page One for more clarification.

To post a card for others to look at in this thread, first leave a FAVE or COMMENT on the card preceding your own. The next person will do the same. In this way, every card that gets displayed here will have some form of feedback.

-Next Up-

[ Leave a fave or comment on this card and then post one of your own! ]
  • edited July 2018
    Only feedback for your card is the following.

I'd recommend changing the wording on the second ability to the following.
    ---
    As an additional cost to cast spells, pay 1 life.
    ---

-Next up-
    imageimage
  • edited July 2018
    Revoked
  • @modnation675, Ruvell is pretty insane! I have always enjoyed the idea of swapping commanders. I would probably reword the third paragraph as "...commanders. If you do, they gain partner." But why does a blue-black card have vigilance?

Sam, the Delusional Magician is powerful with draw-card effects a la Psychosis Crawler. I don't think he should have partner, as that would make him busted with Sidar Kondo and the like.

Thoughts?
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/maelstrom-obliterator
  • [Interjection]

@Jarnefeldt
    You may not be aware, this is the "Actually see what others think" discussion I started. The rules are that you must either leave a fave or comment on the card preceding yours when you post it. In your case, this means that you need to go to @Temurzoa's: https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/maelstrom-obliterator

Sorry for the interrupt (I know those are outdated).

Alright Smiths!

This is a somewhat unique discussion page (this is a function reminder), look at Page One for more clarification.

To post a card for others to look at in this thread, first leave a FAVE or COMMENT on the card preceding your own. The next person will do the same. In this way, every card that gets displayed here will have some form of feedback.

-Next Up-
    Maelstrom Obliterator by @Temurzoa!

[ Leave a fave or comment on TheCenterOfTheUniverse's card and then post one of your own! ]
  • @Faiths_Guide
    I was not aware. In fact, I think I may have posted in the wrong thread. Any mod, please feel free to delete my comments.
  • @Faiths_Guide
    I think the last line you meant to write Temurzoa.
  • edited July 2018
    @modnation675
    Oh, thank you XD

Try to keep this discussion thread clear of anything but cards for feedback (and please only post one at a time).

-Next Up-
    Maelstrom Obliterator by @Temurzoa!

[ Leave a fave or comment on Temurzoa's card and then post one of your own! ]
  • edited July 2018
    @Temurzoa
    In addition to the feedback I left on your card page, I have to say I love the flavor of your card. I'm really curious about what set symbol you used, as I recently came back to this site and am interested in it.

Below I'm gonna list the feedback I already gave for the sake of completeness. In addition, I already faved your card!
    ---
    If a source would deal damage to a player, exile that many cards from the top of their library instead, then the owner of the source casts any number of the nonland cards exiled this way without paying their mana costs.
    ---

-Next Up-

[ Leave a fave or comment on modnation675's card and then post one of your own! ]
  • @modnation675
    It does a really cool phyrexian arena imitation with the bonus of animating pumpkins, which honestly just sounds really fun. My one gripe with it would be that the hellbent ability doesn't have a trigger, whether it be upkeep, end step, or even simply a mana cost of 0. Overall though, it seems like a fun and flavorful card and, let's be honest, who hasn't thought being a witch would be fun at some point?
    (Copied and pasted from card comments.)

Next up: An attempt at making a Tibalt flip-walker!

imageimage
  • @Lujikul

I like that if he is the only creature on the battlefield he can't use the tap ability without killing himself, which fits the flavor. Because Menace only applies in combat and to flip him you want to use the tap ability, I don't think menace is the best fit. Another ability would be more synergystic (maybe lifelink?). The back half is balanced and on theme. The only suggestion I would make would be the -1 into a -2 and have it read "Discard a card at random. If you do, draw two cards." because red rummages and doesn't loot. Overall, this is a flavorful, top-down design for Tibalt that is a tight design. Nice job!

Here is my take on Liliana post-Dominaria story after she becomes a pawn of Nicol Bolas. Each ability gives the opponent a choice to represent the flavor that for the most part, she has lost her agency to Bolas. Thoughts?
  • @bnew07, beware of punisher effects, for they are hard to balance. Liliana here seems rather weak. Maybe one more loyalty or one less mana?

It's also a pity the set symbol doesn't line up. MTGCardsmith, oh when will we get a better planeswalker maker?

Thoughts?
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/herd-the-hills
  • edited July 2018
    @Temurzoa
    Neat card! I commented on the page.

Thoughts on this one? Updated wording:
  • edited July 2018
    @Faiths_Guide
    I think the card is quite cool, but very niche. Only recommendation is changing the last line to the following.
    ---
    You may pay {0} rather than pay costs for spells, abilities, or effects you don't control.
    ---

-Next Up-
    The right one is the revised version for those interested in seeing the changes made in the last few minutes. Just judge the original!

imageimage
  • @modnation675
    Make sure to add your comment to the card page so we can discuss ;)
  • edited July 2018
    @Faiths_Guide, excellent job as always making an extremely flavorful hate card. In additon to @modnation675's advice, I would also drop the Berserker type. I know Dragons can technically have subtypes (like Niv-Mizzet), but Warmonger Hellkite and Archwing Dragon are certainly fine without berserker as well. Just my two cents.

@modnation675, Smiles should certainly be a mythic rare for complexity and should be reduced to a 2/2. Fun ideas!

Thanks for helping me revise Herd the Hills all y'all. Thoughts on my new card?

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/underpalace-seneschal
  • @Thecenteroftheuniverse Commented on your card. Didn't have a lot to say, unfortunately, I usually focus on card balance and color pie issues, neither of which your card would have problems with. Maybe it should be a sorcery instead of an instant, I don't know that seems to fit the flavor better to me.

Now, for my card.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/peridot-of-the-crystal-gems
    I know a lot of people will cringe at a card based off of another work, but I don't really care.
  • @PumpkinSwift, I commented on it and I honestly liked the concept and didn't cringe (bc I went on a tangent of undertale cards in the past) I provided some suggestions on how to block it better. It was a good concept that just need a little work. (might still be a bit unbalanced though, but I am by no means an expert at balancing.)

The card I wanted thoughts on is a card with a brand new effect: Adaptability!
  • @Ranshi922, slivers should always share abilities with other slivers. Otherwise, nice work! The mechanic may also be too complex for a core set too.

Thoughts?
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/stormcore-bleubling
  • @Temurzoa, I don't actually intend it for a core set. I just made a rule for myself to not use the coreset symbols unless I am making slivers, proxies, or lands. I was also considering making it mythic and providing adaptability.

I will check that out now.
  • Its amazing!

What do people think of this card?
    Debunk the Oblivious:
  • So this is my second shot at a Korra card. I'm not sure if I overdid it with abilities or anything so C&C are greatly appreciated.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/korra-elemental-master