Post your cards here. Actually see what others think.

Comments

• edited August 2018
    @DoctorFro I believe that this wording might be what you're looking for! (Although it's kinda long: "+0: Creatures you control get +0/+1 until end of turn. Any player may activate this ability once during each of their turns as though they controlled this planeswalker and only if they control five or more creatures."

Although, I believe you could go without the "as though they controlled this planeswalker" clause!
  • edited August 2018
    imageimage

(Hailstorm Tyrant) Copy/paste from comments :
    A little shifty on this one right now. I'm not sure if it should be an uncommon or a rare since outside of most applications this'll be a flash 4/4 with flying for a whopping 7 mana. You'll more often use it for pseudo-protection against removal and flash it for its full cost when everyone starts flinging removal at the same time, or play huge targeted board wipes in the vein of Hex, since it does nothing against Wrath of God or the like.

Edited a second card onto my comment, as per the rule for up to two cards per comment.

@Temurzoa
    Definitely a flashy mythic. I don't know much about draft, but what definitely puts me off is the vanilla 2/2 for 3. You'll also lose out on your card pool once you draft it, so I don't know how to feel about it. It honestly just feels like a unique effect tacked onto a smaller-than-it-should-be body. It's really slow card generation, but I don't think anyone wants to see this anywhere near the first pack, since it'll be a dead pick and you won't have much to gain from it. The only saving grace is that you get to pick the card you want, I suppose. You also lose out on even more if this gets bolted, shocked, or hit by any other removal, which won't be hard to do because it's so small. I would probably make it {1}{u}, but take this advice with a grain of salt since I don't do too much draft.
  • @Damnation, I like these cards. They have practical use, but other than that, I am afraid I can't provide much criticism constructive or otherwise...
    But my key thoughts on each:
    Great use of the Forecast ability!
    I love the idea of an anti-planeswalker demon and this has been expertly enacted!
    What do you think of Ghost Town? (Also it did the thing again where it put comments on an old card on this.)
  • edited August 2018
    [Interjection]

@Damnation, @ManaChrome, & @Ranshi922
    You may not be aware, this is the "Actually see what others think" discussion I started. The rules are that you must either leave a fave or comment on the card preceding yours when you post it. We're trying to keep this discussion as clear as possible so that people have the simplest time knowing what to comment/fave when they post their own card for critique.

The "rules change" is to allow people to post up to two cards for review, and the next to comment may choose one of them (or both) that they'd like to comment on and/or favorite then leave up to two of their own for the next person and so on.

If you elect to post two cards, please remind everyone that they may like or fave either or both. It isn't necessary to address both posted cards.

Sorry for the interrupt (I know those are outdated).

Alright Smiths!

This is a somewhat unique discussion page (this is a function reminder), look at Page One for more clarification.

To post a card for others to look at in this thread, first leave a FAVE or COMMENT on the card preceding your own. The next person will do the same. In this way, every card that gets displayed here will have some form of feedback.

-Next Up-
    Ghost Town by @Ranshi922!

[ Leave a fave or comment on Ranshi922's card and then post one of your own! ]
  • edited August 2018
    Next Up
    [ DELETED ]

@Ranshi922
    This feels like a worse Unknown Shores, honestly. I think you can do by just dropping the first ability altogether and having the second just be "{t}: Add one mana of any color. Spend this mana only to cast Wraith, Specter, or Spirit spells" and upshifting the rarity to uncommon.

@Faiths_Guide
    I'm aware of the guidelines you've set up for this thread to make it as clear as possible, since I've read them twice before, but I don't know how you'll work out the part where you leave a comment, especially with the disconnect between the forums and Disqus. Because if someone wants to reply to a comment on the forums, you'd either have to post a card, in turn commenting or favoriting another smith's card, and use the same comment to reply to a previous comment, which might be another, three or four comments behind, or you could tag them on Disqus on the card's comment section, but I don't know how well that works, and there is no guarantee they will ever see you tag them, or reply back.

Also, apologies for contributing to the rogue train wreck there.
  • @Damnation, I was considering it but it messes with my blocking. What would you think for replacing the first activated with gain 1 life when entering
  • edited August 2018
    @Ranshi922 & @Damnation
    We're just trying to avoid discussions (with responses etc.) on the discussion page here because it makes it hard for people to find the last card and they simply forget (or don't know) to look for it and post anyway.

I suggest you do as I do. Post the comment here and on the card page and let the person you're addressing know that you left the comment there where they can discuss with you further.

To post a card for others to look at in this thread, first leave a FAVE or COMMENT on the card preceding your own. The next person will do the same. In this way, every card that gets displayed here will have some form of feedback.

Please leave comments on the original card's comment section for any future discussion!

-Next Up-
    Hellbound Ravager by @Damnation!

[ Leave a fave or comment on Damnation's card and then post one of your own! ]
  • edited August 2018
    Sorry! I guess I didn't see that my comment could have confused some folks if they were expecting a card from me lol. I guess its mostly cause nobody answered the question that DoctorFro asked, but then again, I should've commented on the card page itself.

I'll keep this in mind for future reference!
  • edited August 2018
    As my previous card has been deleted, this will be the next card up for commentary/faves.
    Then post one or two of your own!

• edited August 2018
    @Damnation
    I'd say the card is near perfect. The only changes I'd recommend are reducing the flavor text. Mainly, so the equip ability doesn't touch the flavor text.

I favorited your card since we don't have much feedback.

-Next Up-

[ Leave a fave or comment on one or more of murkletins's posted cards and then post up to two of your own! ]
  • @murkletins, thank the Gods and Amoeba Almighty that it tutors only for basic lands. Looks swell.

Thoughts?

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/synagogue-of-false-redemption
  • @Temurzoa, I commented my opinion and faved.

My card actually hasn't been made yet. I just need someone to help me figure out the order in which its effects should be listed.

Victor's Bane
    XGG
    Creature - Hydra
    Biotheurgy (Each +1/+1 counter you remove from creatures you control while casting this spell pays for {1}.)
    Partner with Advocate of the Abominable. (When this creature enters the battlefield, target player may put Advocate of the Abominable into their hand from their library, then shuffle.)
    Acid Blood (When this creature dies, it deals damage equal to its toughness to target creature.)
    X/X
  • edited August 2018
    (Edited because Phone only displayed first page)

@Ranshi922
    The idea of someone being able to pull a card from their library is a little overpowered especially since its upon entry. Not requiring a casting (since you can get creatures to enter the battlefield without casting the spell itself). All you need is a card that shuffles your graveyard back into your library and a means to bounce something in and out of the battlefield over and over and it can become broken.

• @Ranshi922, shootshootshoot, THANKS! Better brush up my vocabulary...
  • @Mellenius I really like the concept of your card, rewarding having lands of the same name. This would be great in an artifact deck!

imageimage
  • edited August 2018
    @ChaosStar, watch the text bleeding into the borders of the cards. Also, do you mean to transform Hoot instead of evolve?

Thoughts?
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/seraph-of-searing-justice
  • @Temurzoa
    I commented on your card.

Next Up
  • @Damnation
    Demura’s first ability is very white, killing attacking or blocking creatures, and will often perform like a combination for first strike&deathtouch and intimidate most of the time. However, on a black legendary that actually has to get into combat, I think it’s okay, though it might be pushing the envelope. As for the resonance ability, it’s very reminiscent of a certain legendary skeleton knight, and looks like it has a lot of potential design space. All in all, a very intriguing and creative design.

Next up:
  • @Lujikul

Next Up
  • @Damnation, I enjoy seeing all the different applications of the Terminal mechanic. Devious Nightstalker is very well designed. Nicely done.

Thoughts?
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/piliza-market-of-pleasures

• @Temurza, I like the Tempting Offer mechanic, its diffidently a good card to be played in commander. It seems balanced enough with risk and reward to be played.

Thoughts on planeswalker?
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/mistra-witch-of-swamps?list=user
  • edited August 2018
    @kumma89

Next Up
    imageimage

Comment or favorite on one or both cards, then post up to two of your own!
  • @Damnation
    i commented on Skala, Bloodfed Seeker

Thoughts and suggestions
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/narra-the-ablaze-self
  • @kumma89, don't forget the periods on your cards. I don't know if it would fit, but I think the first ability should be reworded as:

'Reveal any number of red instant or sorcery cards from your hand. For each card revealed this way, add [r} and ~ deals 1 damage to you.'

Thoughts?
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/bottled-aether
  • edited August 2018
    @Temurzoa

Next Up

Comment on this card or favorite it, then post up to two of your own! (UPDATED)
  • @Damnation
    I favorited your card, because the only advice I can give is to buff that card a lot. As I think it won't see play.

-Next Up-

Dragon Sanctuary (Reference card): https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/dragon-sanctuary

Solidarity (You may allow another player to have this nonattacking creature block as though he or she controlled it this combat as long as both players agree on how they declare blockers this combat.)

[ Comment or fave on at least one of @murkletins posted cards, then post up to two of your own! ]
  • edited August 2018
    - DELETED -

• @murkletins, Dragon of Deep Slumber should be a mythic for complexity's sake alone. I also think it could be {1} more because 2cmc bears with flying, first strike, solidarity, and vigilance are very potent in Limited.

Thoughts on implementing Death Saving throws in MtG?
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/beckoning-from-beyond
  • edited August 2018
    @Temurzoa commented on your card

Thoughts on this?