Planeswalker's Journey

Comments

• edited September 2018
    @AxNoodle It depend on the challenge. Some challenges will have a limited card count but most will have an unlimited.

Oh right. I have only begun to analyse the cards so far so those details has passed me by. Sorry about that.
    @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos, @Bobman11, @WickedShadow196, Could you please fix the cards of yours that don't follow the restrictions? I will allow you to edit/re-submit cards that was submitted earlier than this week because I missed this. If you don't fix the mana cost then I'll treat the cards as a 0-point card until you reach the required mana cost.
    The mask I could treat as if it was a non-legendary until you get a legendary slot if you would want to.

@DoctorFro The cmc will be more important later into the journey when I will pay more attention to mana curve. For the challenge you need only follow the restrictions which for the moments is the same for everyone (except color). So as long as the card is balanced and solves the challenge in some way then no, it really does not matter what cmc you have.

@Arceus8523 Each challenge will be held for a week. Friday-Thursday. So the second challenge will begin this Friday the 7th.
  • @Jonteman93

Could I join the journey before the first challenge ends, or has the plane been closed to those late to the party?
  • @MonkeyPirate2002 I always want more players and since the first elimination has not begun yet I allow you to join. I don't believe anyone else is against it either.
  • @Jonteman93 That would be nice as remaking it would be a pain. So yeah just pretend it's not legendary and I might get around to fixing it at some point
  • edited September 2018
    @Jonteman93

Demetrius of the Mistral comes from the skies in search of a new home, for his was destroyed by unspeakable horrors. A wind mage adept at stalling his enemies, Demetrius is always prepared for a fight.

For the first challenge:

Spell slots left:

Uncommon: 0
    Common: 3
  • https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/cassi-ice-cat
    I have no idea how to post pictures unfortunately.
    My theme is ice and snow, and cats :3 Cassi's color is blue.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/snow-leopard
    This is Cassi's loyal pet snow leopard.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/wall-of-icicles
    And this is a wall of ice that Cassi magically created.
    I credited websites if I couldn't find artists.
  • edited September 2018
    @Jonteman93
    One more question: Do we receive points for our initial cards and, if so, when?
  • edited September 2018
    Anyway, for the weekly challenge, I decided to focus more on the flavor side for Archie and Estus and less on the mechanic side (I'm waiting for higher cmcs and rarities to do that). My two entries highlight the differences in how Archie and Estus handle trying to get some information about where they are.

When it comes to getting information, Archie is very direct, looking to downright intimidate and threaten people to learn what he needs to know. If he can't get the information he needs from one person, he simply moves on to the next, not waiting to try to draw things out or really have much of a normal conversation.

Estus, on the other hand, is very social and prefers collaboration and debate to downright interrogation. When dealing with a tough individual, Estus is more stubborn than Archie, working to appeal to their emotions to get them to crack and encouraging sharing and spreading of knowledge to learn what he needs to.

• @MonkeyPirate2002 You are limited to a maximum mana cost of 3 so Galeforce elemental does not fulfill the requirements. You'll need to reduce its cost or it will be worth 0 points until you have a maximum cmc of 6.

@Arceus8523 Yes, You'll recieve points for all cards you have made within your restrictions. These points are static and only relevant during eliminations.
    I judge cards and provide points when I can but mostly during Fridays. So you could say that you are given the points just before the elimination events. These points are then carried with you for the rest the journey.

There are however multiple penalty factors that will change the point totals later into the journey.
    The two most significant of these are "Diversity". (The "deck's" ability to answer different threats and such") and mana curve/diversity which is mostly self explained.
    These factors are not taken into account yet but will gradually be more and more significant as the journey goes on.
  • I promised that I would also follow these challenges so here is my two cards for this week.
    image image
  • @Jonteman93 Do you mean the 7/7 creature or...
  • @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos yes the 9 mana Dreadfell Decimator.
  • @Jonteman93 Ok gonna change it with something else.
  • edited September 2018
    Deleted.
  • Wow there are a lot of blue planeswalkers.
    My entry for the challenge is coming.
  • @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos That card has a cmc (converted mana cost) of 9 which is also too high. The restriction does not take into consideration cost reduction because it would make it too difficult to balance.
    The benefit from cost reduction cards is that they will effect the curve factor better later into the journey.
  • @Jonteman93 Ok gonna change it for something else then.
  • edited September 2018
    Deleted.
  • Is this still going
  • @Jonteman93 Whoops! Thought the minimum cmc was just for planeswalkers. Fixed!
  • @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos Well I allowed new players to join this week so it would be unfair of me to prevent you "old" ones to change your earlier cards before the first elimination.
  • edited September 2018
    @Jonteman93

Also for the challenge:

Spell slots left:

Uncommon: 0
    Common: 2
  • edited September 2018
    (this is my first time posting card images like this so forgive me if I made a mistake)
  • @LifeBane77 it's good it's just that all of your art comes from actual magic cards. I don't know if this is a problem, it's just to let you know
  • @LifeBane777 the card art doesn’t bother me as much as it used to but your planeswalker aet should be changed that is the walker ob nixilis from commander
  • @DoctorFro @Bobman111 totally didn't realize it, sorry. I'm still relatively new to this, so thanks for the tips.
  • edited September 2018
    @Jonteman93

Changed my entries again.

image image
This discussion has been closed.