(Ongoing) Tommy’s Cardsmith Party Games #1: Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

While I love to see the takes on my sets you guys', gals', and other fellow planeswalkers have, it’s time to SPICE IT UP! It’s time for TCPG, the chain of contests designed to make cardsmiths think outside the box, but the most important thing is for everyone to have friendly competition and good fun!

In this first contest, the challenge is quite simple. Every so often, I’ll shoot out a list of a few random, quirky words. First come, first served, pick a word and make a card with that word (or a variation of it) in its name! Anyone can use a word until it expires, but be quick! Once a word is used, you have seven days to use it yourself! At random intervals, cardsmiths will receive prizes to shake up the contest further!

Also, keep an eye out for random events and encounters!

Limit 3 cards and five listed words per cardsmith each entry period. Limit two listed words per card. Double sided cards count as one card if only one side has a listed word, or two if both sides have a listed word on it. The entry period resets whenever a new word list is released.

May the smartiest pants win!

Make sure to scroll to the bottom for the most up-to-date word list!

Comments

• Let’s go ahead and start with ten words. Go!
    • Asitia: Lack of appetite, or disgust at the sight or thought of food
    • Bacciferous: Bearing berries
    • Lysis: Disintegration of a cell
    • Quackle: To choke or suffocate
    • Malfeasance: The wrongdoing of a person, particularly a public official
    • Belligerent: Hostile and aggressive
    • Poleyn: A piece of armor for the knee
    • Vesuviate: To erupt or burst with heat
    • Melliloquent: To speak sweetly and harmoniously
    • Affluenza: A disorder associated with the rich and wealthy that causes those affected to lack responsibility and motivation, and feel guilty and isolated.
  • edited September 2018
  • edited September 2018
    Got two new words to add today. That makes the list of words available to you look like this:
    • Asitia (noun): Lack of appetite, or disgust at the sight or thought of food
    • Bacciferous (adjective): Bearing berries
    • Lysis (noun): Disintegration of a cell
    • Quackle (verb): To choke or suffocate
    • Malfeasance (noun): The wrongdoing of a person, particularly a public official
    • Belligerent (adjective): Hostile and aggressive
    • Poleyn (noun): A piece of armor for the knee
    • Vesuviate (verb): To erupt or burst with heat
    • Melliloquent (adjective): Sweet and harmonious. Normally refers to one’s voice.
    • Parse (verb): To process
    • Verisimilar (adjective): To appear true/To depict realism, particularly in art
  • I’ll take “quackle”.
  • edited September 2018
    For later, I’ll claim Lysis. That leaves the word pool looking like this (this is not a new set of words)
    • Bacciferous - Used by @Ranshi922
    • Lysis - Claimed by me
    • Quackle - Claimed by @baryonyx69
    • Malfeasance (noun): The wrongdoing of a person, particularly a public official
    • Belligerent - Claimed by @sorinjace
    • Poleyn (noun): A piece of armor for the knee
    • Vesuviate - Used by @sanjaya666
    • Melliloquent (adjective): Sweet and harmonious. Normally refers to one’s voice.
    • Verisimilar (adjective): To appear true/To depict realism, particularly in art
    There are currently 3 words claimed and 2 words used, leaving 6 untouched words in this set. Once we reach 5 left I’ll release the next set of words, which means players can reenter!
  • @Tommia
    Please edit the initial comment rather than post a new comment.

Just do the following on the words already used, <s>word</s>. Then ask @Corwinnn to delete your excess comments. Otherwise, this thread will be spammed far too much.
  • I'll take Belligerent for 200, Alex.

Jk it's a jeopardy joke.
    No but seriously ill take Belligerent brb with a card.
  • Solid joke. But can we have some more... interesting words?
  • edited September 2018
    But I would take lysis, but you already claimed it. (I know stealing jokes isn’t nice but...)
    I’ll take this smart Alec is a self-absorbed prick! Answer daily double! Word: bacciferous.
    (I was talking about myself! You’re great and this is a great contest!)
  • Bacciferous - adjective Botany.
    bearing or producing berries.
  • @murkletins

I honestly forgot I could do that. Thank you!
  • Omg I need to drop a card for this I fell asleep on it last night oh my gosh so sorry @Tommia ill make my card for it asap promise!! >;)
  • It's alright @sorinjace. As of right now there's no deadline.
  • Might do Melliloquent.
  • I decided to do poleyn since no one chose it yet:

• edited September 2018
    Nice cards so far everyone! Keep it up!

Also, time to officially release the second set of words! This means new words, plus, every word that hasn’t been used yet will live to tell the tale! Bold words have been transferred from the last list.

Also, there is now a seven day hold time, beginning Sept. 15, for claiming words.
    • Lysis - Claimed by me, 3 days left
    • Quackle - Claimed by @baryonyx69, 3 days left
    • Belligerent
    • Melliloquent
    • Taradiddle (noun): A childish lie or fib; pretentious nonsense
    • Flabbergast(ed)/(ing) (verb): To surprise greatly/astonish
    • Aardvark
    • Bedazzle(d)/(ing) (verb): To greatly impress with ability or appearance
    • Faustian - Claimed by @Dechujo64, 4 days left starting Sept. 16
    • Bewilder(ed)/(ing) (verb): Cause (someone) to become perplexed/confused
    • Impregnable
    Remember! This means that past entrants can submit a new card!
  • @Tommia, can I claim a few and make them in quick succession now?
  • There are 5 I want:
    Astia, Faustian, Malfeasance, Aardvark, Impregnable.
  • edited September 2018
    Aardvark is derived from the South African Dutch words aarde, meaning earth, and vark, meaning pig.

Impregnable is derived from in, meaning not, and the chain of the Latin prehendere, or seize, which led to the old french prendere, meaning take, which led to (along with in) the french imprenable from which impregnable is directly derived.

Is doubling down like that ok?
  • Hark! What is that music? It is the angels, singing their melliloquent song!
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/melliloquent-song
  • At this rate I won't be able to get into this contest.
  • I'm going to take Faustian
  • edited September 2018
  • Just updated the word list again. @baryonyx 69 and @Dechujo64 please make sure to enter with your claimed word or check in before it expires, or else it’ll be open for the taking!
  • Unfortunately I have been busier than expected, so I will unclaim my word. Really would’ve liked to use that one tho...
  • I already saw a card made called Quackle
  • edited September 2018
    @baryonyx69 While I will mark the word as unclaimed, since the card someone else made with the word has not been submitted, I will dub said card as an erroneous submission and ignore it unless its creator submits it.

Meanwhile, I have made a card... finally. I am aware it bears mistakes, but I’ve yet to fix them. https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/mana-lysis

This leaves the list like this:
    • Quackle
    • Taradiddle (noun): A childish lie or fib; pretentious nonsense
    • Flabbergast(ed)/(ing) (verb): To surprise greatly/astonish
    • Bedazzle(d)/(ing) (verb): To greatly impress with ability or appearance
    • Faustian - Claimed by @Dechujo64, Claim expires Sept. 23
    • Bewilder(ed)/(ing) (verb): Cause (someone) to become perplexed/confused
    A new set of words will be released once we get down to five unclaimed words.
  • May I call 2, @Tommia?
  • YEET! I had made a card for Quackle before I saw it was claimed, and now it isn't anymore! Here it is:
This discussion has been closed.