Mechanic Encyclopedia for ALL

Comments

• @Aggroman15 I agree with @murkletins that it should be noncombat from a ruling standpoint... is it a problem if it activates when they fight?

@Ranshi922 what do you mean exactly by megamorph?
  • @Jadeor, when it's flipped, it gets +1/+1 counters
  • @Ranshi922 are you sure you want a version of camouflage that does that? Megamorph wasn't very popular, and you could just have some creatures that have "When this card is turned face up, put a +1/+1 counter on it."
  • ok. fair point
  • edited September 2018
    I would like to add some of my abilities: (how do you like ‘em?)

Skillrush: The first activation of this creature’s activated abilities has no generic mana cost, until the end of the third turn since entering the battlefield.

Ablaze: Destroy all equipment and enchantments attached to this creature. It can’t get counters. (Red. Designed to allow more use of double strike, as then certain cards wouldn’t be too overpowered.)

Possessed: This creature can attack and block while tapped. (Black)
  • Sturdy (Sources you don't control can't return this permanent to your hand.)image
  • @Jadeor, Aggro and I had worked out that it would be for activated and passive abilitie as well as instants and sorceries. The green will be much more of a ramp and fight. (Correct me if I am wrong, @Aggroman15)
  • Shared (When this spell enters the battlefield, you may choose to make a copy of it with a different target. If you do, replace all instances of N with N/2.)
  • edited October 2018
  • (Somebody might have already made a mechanic by this name... id est quod id est.)
    Sanguine - Whenever you take damage, [effect].
    I propose it be a sort of standard Hemomancer or other sort of blood mage effect!
  • edited October 2018
    Harness - Whenever a land enters your graveyard from the battlefield, [effect]

• @Shadow29870
    That would be formatted as:
    Harness - Whenever a land enters your graveyard from the battlefield, [effect].
  • You're welcome! (I would change the formatting on it, especially since it's in the circuit.)
  • Here's an idea I had for a mechanic.

Worthy (If this creature would die during a combat phase, exile it instead. Then return it to the battlefield transformed under your control).

It's an idea for the Hell of the North challenge by @Revan. It's supposed to represent warriors dying a worthy death and then being taken to Valhalla to serve another life as one of Odin's chosen.

I would like to hear if you guys have any suggestions for wording and such.
  • Oh. (I am a little disappointed... In MTG when I hear worthy, I think of Bolas's ****ery on Amonkhet leading to the whole idea of worthiness...)
  • Sorry. I saw the challenge and that was the first thing that popped into my head. Although it might work for Amonkhet as well. Although we already have the eternals. But other than that, hows the mechanic?
  • Pretty good. Might be a bit OP if used irresponsibly, being that it when the most death occurs. It would also enter under its owner's control.
  • And, if you can think of a better name for it, that would also help.
  • Would this be more often a Creature to Walker transformation or a creature to creature?
  • Creature to creature.
  • It's a mouthful, but why not Metamorphose? It means to change or mutate.
  • I want it to represent the idea of dying a "worthy" death and being reincarnated as a, technically a spirit warrior, but not really. Sorry, but metamorphose doesn't seem to do that.
  • Hey, here's a mechanic I created. Return (You may cast this creature for its return cost if there is a creature with the same subtype as it in your graveyard). Its a mechanic I used on some of my undead in my Hell of the North set and think its pretty cool.
  • Good Idea.
  • Thank you.
  • edited October 2018
    Jump-scare (You may cast this card from your graveyard as though it had flash by discarding a card with the same converted mana cost as this card in addition to paying its other costs.)

Stealth (Whenever this creature attacks, you may exile it. If you do, during combat of your next turn, after blockers are declared, return it to the battlefield tapped and attacking.)

Suppress X (As long as this creature is untapped, creatures can't attack you or a planeswalker you control unless their controller pays {x} for each of those creatures.)

Defiance - Whenever this creature attacks the player who controls more creatures than each other player, EFFECT

Praise {cost} (As this spell resolves, if it's not a copy, each other player may cast a copy of this spell for its praise cost. For each opponent who does, you may draw a card.)

Pack (When this creature enters the battlefield, you may put up to three cards with the same name as this into your hand from your library, then shuffle.)
    This uses the template of "Partner with ..." mechanic from Battlebond. If you don't like it,
    (When this creature enters the battlefield, you may search your library for up to three cards with the same name as this, revel them, put them into your hand, then shuffle your library.)

Cooperation with 'PLANESWALKER TYPE' ('PLANESWALKER TYPE' planeswalker you control can help you cast this spell. Each loyalty counter you remove from that planeswalker while casting this spell pays for {1}.)

Unveil X (Look at the bottom X cards of your library. Then put any number of them into your graveyard and the rest on top of your library in any order.)
  • @DeepSky
    *Looks at Jump-scare, Eyes begin to twinkle and music box begins to play*