Mechanix Challenge #34

Comments

• edited November 2018
    Entry 2
  • edited November 2018
    Calling by unicornsareevil13579:

Edit: Card pushed further to the center of balance.
  • edited November 2018
  • edited November 2018

For those crazy people who don't join guilds...
  • edited November 2018

I know the feeling...
  • @Shadow29870
    Thanks for your entries! I commented on your cards. I pointed out a few mistakes.
    Also you don't italicize reminder texts. Is that because you don't like to do that or you simply forgot?
    None of them are big deal, but correct wording, formatting, and artists name help you to break tie.
  • Ah, thanks @Tomigon! I was half asleep when I made these so I got em down, but specifics like that mentally left me.

Also... don't, italisize reminder text? Which reminder text is italicized? Or... do I just not see it?
  • edited November 2018
    @Shadow29870
    All reminder texts are italicized in magic cards. Reminder texts are written in "( )". They explain things keyword mechanics do. Sometime rare/confusing wording gets reminder text too.
    imageimage

• Ah! Got it. Your wording mentioning it confused me. Ill fix it when i can. I was maybe half-asleep when i made those cards.
  • edited November 2018
    Simple obstruct entry :)

• Elude by Lastjustice:

• edited November 2018
    Impulse by NokiSkaur

• edited November 2018
    Dreamborn by Teacup:

• Elude by Lastjustice

• edited November 2018
  • edited November 2018
    Entry # 1 Dreamborn By Teacup

Entry # 2 Dreadful by TenebrisNemo

Elude by myself- My version (Tomigon edited it for the mechanix.)

Elude(Can not be blocked by creatures with defender
    or flying)

Entry # 3

Honor-bound by captain_Pugsley

Obstruct by Lastjustice

Entry # 4

Protector by Nanosaurus

Solidarity by AustinSmith

Entry # 5

Taunt by HATMAN

Piracy by Dechujoh64, modified by TheMechanix

• @Lastjustice
    Oh, sorry. I think I removed "with defender" part from elude mechanic by accident. I'll fix the list. Thanks for your entries!
  • edited November 2018
    No biggie either way @Tomigon, I just figured was a different creative choice. I can respect that if you did feel it wasn't needed as part of the ability. I just decided I'd keep it on so my cards are consistent with it since I came up with it. I am completely cool if people for the contest use the version listed instead. People change mechanix all the time. I know I do for others or rename them. It's part of the game.
  • Piracy by Dechujoh64:

• edited November 2018
    Entry # 6

Calling by unicornsareevil13579--TheMechanix version

Dreadful by TenebrisNemo

Obstruct by Lastjustice

Entry # 7

Coldblood by Jonteman93-- Tomigon's version

Entry # 8

Cursed N by TheMechanix, concept by Lastjustice

Slayer by Lastjustice
    *Type*slayer (Whenever this creature assigns damage to a *type*, it deals double damage instead.)

Entry # 9

Incorporeal by thecreed2000, modified by TheMechanix

Dreamborn by Teacup

Entry # 10

Impulse by NokiSkaur

• I saw dreamborn, and instantly thought of making this card. It took forever to actually come up with something that would work for his abilities, and even now I'm not so sure it's the best, but well, it was fun to make.

• edited November 2018
    @01101
    That's a beautiful card, but I think the wording should be:

{1}{u}: Create a blue Aura enchantment token named Dream attached to target creature. The token has enchant creature and "Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 for each tapped creature you control and gains flying."

{1}{b} ability also should be changed like that.

Check out Estrid, the Masked: http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=450641

And both activated ability should cost more. At least they should have {t}.
  • Thanks for the suggestions @tomigon. I would change the card if I could, but we'll have to live with ur as it is now. Although if I added the attached to target creature, i don't if the rules would fit on the card.
  • Impulse by NokiSkaur:

• edited November 2018
    Entry # 11

Feedback by Lastjustice, though it's been tweaked a bit from my original text. I'm guessing my concept was good, but my wording was not. I've gotten a couple mechanix on the list this round...probably has something do with me organizing my list for easy access or Tomigon just wanted goat me into playing heh. Only he knows for sure.

Entry # 12

Taunt by HATMAN

Entry # 13

Honor-bound by captain_Pugsley

Entry # 14

Impulse by NokiSkaur

Entry # 15

Resist By Lastjustice (Not part of the contest, but a custom mechanic)
    Resist *type (Prevent all damage from a *type source dealt to this creature.)

There's my final entry....

Using a slight modification of Incorporeal by thecreed2000. Is this acceptable?
This discussion has been closed.