(Ongoing) Tommy’s Cardsmith Party Games #1: Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

Comments

• edited November 2018
    The deadline is approaching, and so is Winter in the United States of America. Brr...

The deadline is tomorrow.
  • I think this is exactly what I needed right now.
  • Funny timing! I’m finalizing the results now!

Sorry it’s late(ish) this time. Been fighting the internet all day.
  • Well... speak of the devil, and he shall be known...

We’re gonna have a delayed deadline. The internet is so bad that MTGC is coming up as basic html, so I can’t see the number of favorites. Thankfully, I can judge the remaining categories and reward favorites later.
  • edited November 2018
    Aw man. Sorry it had to be today guys.

Anyways, the deadline is here and I am here and the results are here and the prizes are here and... I’m late...

The new word list will come later. In the meantime, I leave you with the results:

- Color Pie Mini-Challenge Results: @Ranshi922 seemed to be the only one of three pie winners who took home their piece of sweet, sweet prizes.

You get:
    Black Ritual (Uncommon) - Sacrifice two or more prizes for up to two better prizes. Prizes with “two” or “dual” in their name are treated like two prizes when sacrificed this way. The higher quality the prizes you sacrifice are, and the more prizes you sacrifice, the better the result. The prize(s) you get may come with a curse.

- Best Flavor Text: I’m pretty sure that means they’re about to explode. @crazybrain228’s Bombastic Summoner gets a little too carried away with his summoning. Just don’t go willy-nilly with this...

You get:
    Just a Few Too Many Bombs (Rare) - Use this to deal 3 damage to an entry -OR- destroy an artifact entry. You can use this as many times as you want during the deadline you use it on, until you throw the bombs away. Every time you use it, however, it has an increased chance of backfiring, destroying every entry you’ve entered during the deadline, as well as all of your prizes. If this happens, you’ll be unable to enter for the rest of the deadline.

- Best Two Colored Card -AND- Most Favorites: Care to dance? @Ranshi922 can definitely lead with a startling ten favs! A Dance With The Damned is a unique take on creature possession and “counter by cost”, effectively allowing you to swipe the enemy board in THG, or stir up political multiplayer by taking every powerful creature on the board. And speaking of stirring things up...

You get:
    Mod Mod (Rare) - Respin the modifier on ANY prize in play that has a modifier. The new modifier will tend to favor the same charge (For example, respinning a modifier that is negative will tend to produce a new negative modifier.)

-AND-

A Magic Chest (Rare) - Keep this with you. You’ll need a Magic Key to open it, but it contains a Mythic Rare prize! Magic Keys can be earned from completing challenges or events, or as a rare prize.

Anyways, I’ll be back with the new word list. My dad needs to go to the hospital...
  • @Tommia, what happened? Is your father okay?
  • @Tommia hope your Dad is ok man.
  • edited November 2018
    Everything’s okay. A neighbor misplaced a board with a nail in it, so dad stepped on it while leaf blowing. It hurts to walk, but he’s still just as good as he was.

Now, sorry about the major delay. I”m working on the word list... on some of the slowest “high speed” internet available. It may not be done ‘till later though.
  • That's (good?) to hear.
  • I'd like to join, what is the word list?
  • It hasn't been fully made yet. Patience, young padawan.
  • But I'm still on dial-up!
  • I don't understand why that means you can't let Tommia take his time.
  • edited November 2018
    okay...
    edit: slumps off into the corner
  • Slump is a word for downtrodden vertical motion of your upperbody and sometimes legs. I fail to see how you can slump into a corner...
  • Okay, is there a different word I could use?
  • I saunter into the corner
  • edited November 2018
    Here’s the new word list. Sheesh I’m late...

For words with more than one listed definition, each definition has been listed separately, and therefore counts as a separate word. Have fun!
    • Noisome (adj): Having an offensive smell.
    • Quay (noun): A waterside platform for loading and offloading ships.
    • Muster (verb): 1. Collect (a number or amount of)
      2. Gather troops, especially for inspection or preparation for battle.
    • Supplemental (adj): Provided (to complete or enhance) what’s already present or available.
    • Dragonesque (adj): Resembling, or characteristic to, a dragon.
    • 1. Saboteur (noun): A person who engages in sabotage
      2. Sabotage (noun): To deliberately damage or destroy, normally for political or militant advantage.
    • Morose (adj): Gloomy and ill-tempered; in a bad mood.
    • Transpose (verb): To cause two objects to change place.
    • 1. Bigotry (noun): Intolerance for those with different opinions than oneself
      2. Bigot (noun): A person who engages in bigotry.
    • Verdict (noun): A judgement on something; an official decision on a civil or criminal dispute
    • Moral Quandary (noun phrase): A point concerning the judgement of right and wrong (ex: The moral quandary of killing in self defense)
    • Merriment (noun): Cheerfulness; fun
    • Tenacious (adj): Persistent. Not easily dispelled.
    • Camaraderie (noun): A mutual trust between those who have spent much time together
    • Thrice (adverb): Three times
    • Blackout (noun): 1. A failure of electrical supply
      2. A suppression of information, especially one inflicted by the government
      3. A temporary loss of consciousness
    • Throttle (verb): 1. To attack (or kill) someone by choking or strangling
      2. To limit, especially in terms of amount (ex. Data throttling, the throttle in a vehicle, et cetera)
    • Candelabrum (noun): A large, branching candlestick holder, used to hold multiple candles or lamps
    • 1. Vexatious (adj): Causing anger, frustration, or worry
      2. Vexatious Litigation (legal term): Legal action, normally with no legal merit, brought upon for the sole purpose of harassment. (Ex. Suing someone knowing there are no grounds to sue upon)
    • Swift (adj): Quick; having speed
    Now, in the meantime, I’m working on something interesting for this...
  • edited November 2018
    I claim muster 2
  • edited November 2018
    @Bowler218 Nice car(d)!

To everyone, here’s a reminder of the prizes in play.

@Ranshi922
    - Time Capsule (Mythic Rare, Activated): Use this to use any word that has ever been in the contest. You may resubmit any card you’ve submitted to this contest before this way.

- Demon’s Rage (Mythic Rare, Activated or Triggered): Summon an all powerful demon to do your bidding. The demon will destroy up to three entries of your choice, two entries of ‘it’s’ choice, and one other random entry. If you do not call upon the demon within this deadline or the next, it will act upon its own will, destroying ten entries of its choice. Demon’s Rage cannot be sacrificed or destroyed, and its effects cannot be prevented by any item or event.

- A Magic Chest (Rare, Triggered) - Keep this with you. You’ll need a Magic Key to open it, but it contains a Mythic Rare prize! Magic Keys can be earned from completing challenges or events, or as a rare prize.

@crazybrain228
    - Just a Few Too Many Bombs (Rare, Reusable) - Use this to deal 3 damage to an entry -OR- destroy an artifact entry. You can use this as many times as you want during the deadline you use it on, until you throw the bombs away. Every time you use it, however, it has an increased chance of backfiring, destroying every entry you’ve entered during the deadline, as well as all of your prizes. If this happens, you’ll be unable to enter for the rest of the deadline.

@sorinjace
    - Aegis (Mythic Rare, Interrupt): Use this to nullify ALL of the effects of any prize or event that would affect you, excluding prizes and events that ignore protection prizes.
  • I will use the Ritual to sacrifice the guns and the mod mod. Why do I summon?
  • Can I say that I will use any 7 words for my entries this round. I don't care which. Somebody who likes me, doesn't like me, or has no idea who I am, dole them out!
    ,':)
  • edited November 2018
    @Ranshi922 The ground shakes beneath you, causing you to fall off your feet. Black smoke erupts from searing hellfire, and a powerful figure emerges. “This sacrifice is worth my time. Don’t waste it.” The shadow exclaims.

Your new prize:
    Demon’s Rage (Mythic Rare, Activated or Triggered):
    Summon an all powerful demon to do your bidding. The demon will destroy up to three entries of your choice, two entries of ‘it’s’ choice, and one other random entry. If you do not call upon the demon within this deadline or the next, it will act upon its own will, destroying ten entries of its choice. Demon’s Rage cannot be sacrificed or destroyed, and its effects cannot be prevented by any item or event.
  • Oh. Well then... Mwahahahahaha.

Also I would not fall. I am extremely nimble.
  • But Tommia, would you please dole out some words, seeing as you are here?
This discussion has been closed.