November Contest: Card That Art! Physical Rewards!

Comments

• You need to remove the parenthesis @mlg20555.
  • Oh thank you
  • edited November 2018
  • edited November 2018
    @mlg20555 I'm not trying to mock you but, your card is bad.

Also, if you're still a child, it's okay. Then it's a nice effort. I also left a message for you.

If you're just a troll, please at least just be a little bit more thoughtful.
  • @sanjaya666 (and everyone else) while you are of course free to comment on people's cards, please keep your feedback polite and constructive.

Name calling and pejorative language is not acceptable sportsmanship in this competition, and will result in your submissions being passed over for consideration. Further, if you're going to offer feedback, please ensure you're telling the person you're talking to what could be better - if they knew already then they wouldn't need your feedback.
  • edited November 2018
    @ChainsawXIV I technically complimented him.

I also wanted to help him.

Also that message wasn't for you, that was for him.

The message was never existed.

We never had this conversation.

[MEMETIC AGENT DEPLOYED]

How are you today?
  • This contest is awesome! I like having the art provided and then filling in the blanks.
    I hope you like these card concepts!
  • No you didn't.
  • edited November 2018
    image image image image image
  • edited November 2018
    imageimageimageimageimage

To add that extra bit of flavour, I wrote a short summary of what events these cards are describing! (You don't have to read it if I can't get any extra credit for it) :

Many thousands of years ago, Ashendown was a very powerful city on the plane of Votaria (it's long gone, and the plane is overrun by 5 corrupt factions, but that's not important). It was powered by a grove known as it's heart (represented by the Heart of Ashendown). It had the wonderful power to summon things from distant planes into the real. The city-state's army was filled with mercenaries from Ixalan's merfolk, to Zendikar's kor. However, a corrupt warlock tried to use thh heart to summon an ancient demon from planes beyond, which failed because of the lack of power in the gate to transport a being so powerful. However, the angels (who were much later stripped of their wings and divine power and reduced to a life of vampirism, but again, not the point) had heard of the failed attempt and mistakenly thought that it was the leaders of Ashendown planning such an operation, so they tried to form a blockade of the city and draining the heart of its power (represented by the Arrival in Ashendown Valley), thus giving them time to negotiate. The council of Ashendown felt threatened, so they raised an undead legion that their ancestors created to be called upon in a time of need (represented by Raise the Ashendown Legion). The angels thought it a declaration of war, and with the help of humans and squirrels @Corwinnn (don't ask) attacked the city. After a long and heave war, the city started to give way. The last stronghold was at the Fortress, but that fell in the end too (represented by Siege of Ashendown Fortress). The city was later rebuilt, but never again rose to its former glory, as the heart has never beaten as hard as in the old days ever again. This left the city paranoid, and closed off the majority of its trade routes, as well as making it very difficult to get in or out (represented by Inspections at Ashendown).
  • imageimageimageimageimage
    I'll admit it, these probably aren't that great. I just needed to do something to get the old creative juices flowing again.
  • edited November 2018

Tibalt, the torturer transforms into Tibalt, the tested.
    On the original art of the planeswalker he was throwing six sided die but sadly they couldn't be on the final card.
  • edited November 2018
    Here are my little bits inspired by a set I'm working on. It has fortifications, colorless mana and synergies with fortified lands. (I used a template from another site because I liked their artifact border. Hope that's not a problem.)

image image image image image
  • edited November 2018
    imageimage
    imageimageimage
  • edited November 2018
  • edited November 2018
    image image
    image image
  • edited November 2018
    image image image
    image image
  • edited November 2018
    Here are mine.
    I'm most proud of Iuvenium and Amhashri. This challenge was immensely fun! I'm so glad to be a part of the cardsmith community (as of two days ago lol). Thanks everyone! <3 <3 <3
  • edited November 2018
    imageimage
  • edited November 2018
    Had to edit two of them, so, here it all is again. Heh.

imageimageimageimageimage
  • What type of tree is that in the "green" illustration?
  • Blinks
    Yah know @Faiths_Guide, I dunno. A magic one that surely helps out things involving permanents, even ones in your hand. Wink
  • Honestly though, looks like an Oak of sorts.
  • I hadn't really considered that, but oak was definitely my gut response as well.
  • I thought oak as well :)
This discussion has been closed.