Tribal Tumble

Comments

• @ MrRansom
    This time your only supposed to make one creature, however some challenges i will ask you to make more.
  • 24 hours people all those who don't post a leader or say which legendary will fill in as one will get eliminated.
  • Alright no more entries judging will begin... Sometime later this day.
  • Well then... I was hoping I would have time after I finish this unending assignment that I could make the other three slivers...
  • edited November 2018
    @Ranshi922
    What do you mean? If you have a sliver legendary you can just post it and i'll allow it just this once. (Seeing as all slivers are lords)
    Also @Dechujoh64
    Did you mean to use Arahbo for this challenge?
  • Darn, I always keep missing these awesome competitions!
  • I think Paladin is giving people tonight for submissions as a last and only chance to participate. Is that right @BorosPaladin?
  • Since this is the first challenge yes I am.
  • image image
    Huh?
    Here's what I have
  • @Ranshi922 says: "*phew!* (wipes forehead) I made it!"
  • edited November 2018
    @BorosPaladin, what's next? I'm kinda anxious to get this contest rolling! X)

Also, shameless plug, I got a new Christmas contest for you all to check out when you got time!
    http://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/4034/x-mas-contest-2018/p1
  • edited November 2018
    Oh no, I forgot I entered this contest. Oops :( Good luck everyone!

Edit: @BorosPaladin if you'll still accept it, here is my entry. If not, no problem.

• @sorinjace, IT'S NOT EVEN DECEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • @Ranshi922
    WE ARE CLOSE ENOUGH TO COUNT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And, we're already getting christmas decor on the streets.
  • And I am against that too!
  • Well, it hates you also
  • I refused to help my family decorate saying "When it's December, I will help."
  • But
    But
    But
    But we're past Thanksgiving, so it's christmas time
  • It's ok @Bowler218, @Ranshi922 just wants things to go on during the month it is to go off. I post my contests a few days early to give contestants a little more time to come up with some cool cards for them! :) This one is going to be fun to see because I think some of the cards will end up being un cards.
  • Okay... I'll stop arguing
  • oh your fine! I didn't think you was arguing @Bowler218 lol
  • edited November 2018
    At least ya'll ain't Brazilian. Santa o'er here's on an eternal short-shorts-and-sandals attire. He also gets quite confused as to whether he should come during December or July, considering that the southern hemisphere's on the verge of summer right now. If he so desires to split it up, I wonder if he'll pay his elves for the overtime.
  • And how do you know i ain't Brazilian?
  • @Bowler218 *Plot twist intensifies*
  • edited November 2018
    Alright exemptions have been made but that's it this challenge is over.
    @bnew07, @Dechujoh64, @TemurGideon, @Faiths_Guide, @Ranshi922, @KanekiDemon
    If your name is on that list you have sadly been eliminated for failing to post a card for the challenge.
    Now the winner of the chalenge is, drumroll please.
    @sorinjace
    Congradulations on your winning, now roll a d20 to determine your prize.
    If anyone wants feedback on their cards I will be happy to let you know.
    The next challenge will be coming soon.

• Feedback on mine please
    (Lithiana the great elf)
  • edited November 2018
    Meh, sure. I'm planning on fixing him over time. @BorosPaladin, let me know what the pro/con was on Viaxeiro. Please.
  • edited November 2018
    @Bowler218
    #1 Your first ability while interesting is a mess. The main problems are that it gives you a very powerful effect for a fairly small cost, I would increase the cost to say T, XXGG (Tap, X, X, green, green), or maybe even T, XGGG if you fix problem #2. It also poses problems in the sense that you are imposing a permanent buff on all elves you control repeatedly. Imagine if you have five elves and you use the first ability, then next turn you play an elf and use the ability again. For the new elf does it receive the buff once or twice? As the game progresses and you use this more and more, while playing more elves this will become a real headache to keep track of. Another issue here is that while you did try to avoid making it a permanent buff it still can become problematic if you use it multiple times, the power of your elves will go trough the roof. It is hard to track and way to powerful, I recommend you change it to something like elves you control get +X/+X until end of turn. That way it stays powerful while not messing up the game completely. Alternatively if you really want it to stack you can change it to something like adding nature counter on Lithiana and giving elves you control get +1/+1 for each nature counter, that way it will be far easier to track.

#2 Your creature has some really powerful abilities, generally creatures with abilities this strong have lower stats, I know green is the color of stompies but you gave this ting too huge a body for a creature with abilities that potent. You should also bump the rarity to mythic but that one isn't that big of a problem.

#3 Your formatting needs a bit of work in order to conform with MTG guidelines, I'm just talking of a bit of formatting here, trust me just google some real cards and use the way their abilities are laid out as a template and you will improve in no time.

#4 Your lines go over the card borders and you could use a flavor text. Before publishing a card you should check to avoid having any lines beyond the border, if you have this problem click the edit button and break up your text in a way that fits in the card box. As for flavor text this is just my personal taste you can ignore it if you wish.

#5 The title "great elf" is a little bland, i'm sure you could find something a bit better, even a fake title could be good if it sounds harmonious enought, maybe elves call their leaders Evusiars for exaple. It means nothing but it sounds good. Lithiana, Grand Evusiar sounds like a far more interesting card than Lithiana the great elf. Also the format for legendary titles is "Name, Capitalized Title".

Finally I would like to mention that there are more to your card than just problems, the second ability is really interesting and good in my opinion, it allows clever build arounds while allowing you to recur the legendary your deck depends on. While the first ability has flaws I believe that it is still very interesting and that with a bit of balancing you could make a really unique and powerful lord that would be loads of fun to play. In total I can see that your new to this and you have some great ideas, you just need a bit of polishing and experience, I recommend you to enter more challenges and ask for more feedback from people. But hey what do I know?
  • @fraziel07
    While it might lean a bit on the broken side it's still a really good card. I like how you gave it a tribal ability that didn't actually say merfolk. A lot of merfolk are hard to block or unblockable and rewarding a strategy that your tribe follows is the hallmark of a good lord. Your main problem was that while you did include a ability that represented the tribe you didn't give it an ability that rewarded a player for playing merfolk so it was lacking a little as a lord. No joke if it had something that buffed your merfolk in particular you might have won this contest, if it didn't let you possibly support 16. Make it support 2 or 1 give this a tribal effect and you could have given sorinjace a run for his money.
This discussion has been closed.