Planeswalker's Journey 2: Return to Clancularius

Comments

• @Aggroman15 Might I suggest using "~Number" instead of "-Number"? I constantly keep confusing the numbers as negative numbers.
  • OKAY! Card time!

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/oracles-dispersal

to deal with the big guy

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/counterweave

to deal with the annoying chump blockers
  • edited December 2018
    @Aggroman15

So I can make an extra card since that one was discounted.

But nevermind, I'll do it later then.

EDIT: Ok card fixed somewhat.

image image

Card slots left:
    Rare: 0
    Uncommon: 0
    Common: 1
  • @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos You may want to lower the power level on those cards a bit
  • edited December 2018
    @MonkeyPirate2002 Well, since white is disadvantaged in many other vital areas (card drawing, mana ramp, big and fast creatures, etc), it is safe to assume that white gets the best permanent removals like Swords to Plowshares or Path to Exile.

So technically my entries aren't really that powerful anyway. And I'm playing just mono white here.
  • @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos Really, even in white, Dawnbringer Priest is too good.
    Take for example Fiend Hunter.
  • @AxNoodle Guess I'll add the cmc then.
  • edited December 2018

ERATTA: The power and toughness is 1/1 and it is "The next time THIS TURN"

That was to be rid of that big old monster.

This is to be rid of the horde:

(Does anyone get the flavour text reference? )
  • Just a rare left over
  • and thats an uncommon
  • edited January 2019
    Bloodfire's journal chapter 3- Ambush part one

The sound was deafening, spears were thrown at him from all sides. He started running, the path got smaller, the spears hit harder, a shadow loomed over him. He kept running, and footsteps followed him, moving faster than he could. He paniced, turned, and put up a wall of fire. The spears stopped coming, and he saw it through the smoke, and ran as fast as he could.
    END OF PART 3
    Here is the card
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/flame-wall-3
  • edited December 2018
    Yep, I know. I'm late again. I am so sorry. I don't want you to think that I don't want to keep running this because of my constant postponing of the date, because I do, but I will be doing Christmas things this weekend, and thus will be unable to judge it until at least on Sunday.

I know that I just keep giving excuses, but I actually do have stuff going on so...
  • @Aggroman15 That’s fine. MTG card Smith is not something we can be expected to to all the time, especially with other things going on. Enjoy your Christmas ;)
  • @Aggroman15 Just a thought, but I think it would be okay to give people a bit more card slots in order to compensate for a longer deadline, although that might just make the situation worse...

All I know is that you are the one who gets to make all the decisions regarding the challenge.
  • edited December 2018
    @Aggroman15 Aand a late entry from me! For the demon:

For the goblins:

• edited December 2018
    ATTENTION, EVERYONE! THIS CHALLENGE'S RESULTS WILL BE REVEALED LATER TODAY, SO GET YOUR LAST-MINUTE ENTRIES IN!

Edit: @HeroKP and @MemoryHead, You two are the only ones who have not submitted for this challenge! I suggest you do that sometime today, because although you will not be eliminated, creating cards for challenges is an important part of this challenge. Also, the less challenge cards you make, the less points you get, putting you at higher risk of elimination. I understand if you have been away for the holidays, so I am giving you pretty much the entirety of today up until when the results are revealed. If you need more time, I can extend the deadline maybe a day, but I have postponed judging this quite a bit already.
  • I. Igniting

Caiana felt no pride now, even though this would probably be the most important night of her life. No, she was simply tranquil, knowing that everything was as it should be.

She was standing on a branch of a giant banyat tree, carved into a flat platform long ago by skilled elven hands, surrounded by the other elves of her clan. A chorus chanted and burned heady weiakl insence. The night song of the insects sounded in the background. The clan chief recited his speech: “At this time, Aràetlé Caiana will take the Mantle of Horns and become the Heeder of the clan.”

The most powerful druid of Caiana’s clan had the title of Heeder and formed a link with the Worldsoul, allowing them to hear the will of nature itself. Seven out of the last ten Heeders had come from the Aràetlé family. Caiana herself was replacing her mother Izatli as Heeder. She, aged seventeen, had the distinction of being the youngest Heeder in history.

From birth, Caiana had a knack for magic. True, it ran in the family, but Caiana’s skill in finding and channeling mana was unprecedented. At age 13 she became stronger than Izatli, but her family decided to wait until now for the ceremony.

The chief took the Mantle of Horns, a headdress made from an antelope skull, from Izatli’s head and placed it on Caiana’s. The magic began to do its work and Caiana’s consciousness flowed into the tree, down its trunk, out its roots, and into the earth. She could feel it – a great power pulsing with life, with vitality – right there, reaching out to her – the Worldsoul! – but then there was something else. A wave of corrupt mana washed over the forest. The Worldsoul was gone. All she could feel was decay and death as the mana rotted the banyat trees.

Horrified, Caiana’s consciousness zoomed back into her body. Who could tell what had caused the mana surge? A demon or lich conducting a foul ritual? A group of young scholars that released it by accident? The tree began to sway sickeningly. The mana had rotted its roots and it was falling. Some elves were screaming, while others were praying. “Mother!” screamed Caiana as the tree began to topple. Elves were sliding off the platform, and Caiana spotted Izatli clinging to the edge. Her eyes glowed green as she struggled to grow a vine that would stabilize the tree or at least slow its fall. Caiana grabbed her hand in an attempt to pull her back onto the crazily sloping platform.

A bronze urn fell from above and landed on Izatli. Screaming, she fell away from the platform and through the canopy below. It was a long way down. Caiana felt her own fingers slipping. Her eyes were so tear-clouded she could barely see. Her vision began to blur. The tree’s fall began to accelerate, and Caiana closed her eyes. The last thing she felt was an explosion inside her chest. Then she knew no more.
  • @Aggroman15 I think you should be less loud about deadlines if you’re not going to follow through on them...
  • Tonight, once again, you feel the unsettling presence of the Spark Eater at the place where you sleep. When you fall asleep, you are transported to the same dream realm from the first time the Spark Eater contacted you.

One more of the others has been sent away. 12 of you remain.
  • @kandra127 You'll see soon enough.
  • sorry. im just excited
  • OK THEN! IT IS TIME FOR THE NEXT CHALLENGE! But first, it is time to say who has been sadly eliminated this time.

@kandra127 I am sorry, but you have been eliminated. (Just some friendly criticism, you probably would have had a much better shot if you had fixed your too-high-CMC cards. Just saying.) I hope you'll continue to have fun, and feel free to continue following this journey if you would want to.

Anyways, here are all your point totals:

@MonkeyPirate2002 - Mo-Pir Reincarnated - 72 Points, No slots open
    @AxNoodle - Binge, Phaser Novice - 70 Points, No slots open
    @ShaperKyon - Caiana, Faithful Druid - 70 Points, No slots open
    @Mantis17 - Cicasudi - 60 points, No slots open
    @LyndonF - Fang, the Necromancer - 58 Points, 1 Uncommon slot open
    @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos - Elaine Fein - 56 Points, 1 Common slot open
    @BorosPaladin - Marcell, the Grim - 55 points Points, 1 Uncommon slot open
    @KorandAngels - La'Ayiv, Angelic - 47 Points, No slots open
    @MemoryHead - Xandra, Voice of Whispers - 46 Points, 1 Uncommon slot and 1 Rare slot open
    @Bowler218 - Bloodfire, Lone Spark - 41 Points, 1 Common slot and 1 Uncommon slot open
    @TheSuturedHeartMan - Tesim, Longing - 38 Points, 2 Common slots and 1 Rare slot open
    @HeroKP - Hiro, Wisdom Summoner - 37 Points, 1 Common slot, 1 Uncommon slot, and 1 Rare slot open
    @Kandra127 - Teri, Memory Searcher - 29 Points, ELIMINATED

We still have our 3 guys in the lead, but other than that, there has definitely been some change since the last scoring:

@MonkeyPirate2002 - Mo-Pir Reincarnated - 50 Points
    @AxNoodle - Binge, Phaser Novice - 48 Points
    @ShaperKyon - Caiana, Faithful Druid - 48 Points
    @MemoryHead - Xandra, Voice of Whispers - 46 Points
    @BorosPaladin - Marcell, the Grim - 45 Points
    @Mantis17 - Cicasudi - 40 Points
    @HeroKP - Hiro, Wisdom Summoner - 37 Points
    @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos - Elaine Fein - 35 Points
    @LyndonF - Fang, the Necromancer - 35 Points
    @Bowler218 - Bloodfire, Lone Spark - 34 Points
    @KorandAngels - La'Ayiv, Angelic - 29 Points
    @TheSuturedHeartMan - Tesim, Longing - 28 Points
    @Kandra127 - Teri, Memory Searcher - 8 Points

(And yes, I will be comparing the scores every challenge.)

Anyways, on to the challenge!

Challenge 3: Jailbreak!

During the battle, a group of the goblins broke off from the larger group and attacked a city nearby, causing mass panic. The king of the city was looking for someone to blame for leading them here, and then he found you. The goblins had been seen charging toward you a few minutes before the city was attacked, and he took this as a sign that you were leading them. He locked you up in the prison.

This challenge is a split challenge. You can either choose:

Option A: Someone busts through the wall, rescuing you, thus giving you a new ally and a new color. If you choose this path, your challenge is to create the someone who rescued you, and one of their helpers/lackeys/followers. For this challenge you will get:

~1 Rare slot
    ~1 Legendary slot
    ~1 Common slot
    ~A new color

(Your rescuer must be monocolor of your new color)

Option B: You bust out yourself. If you choose this path, create a card or two documenting how you got out. For this challenge you will get:

~1 Rare slot
    ~1 Legendary slot (I know this one may not be as useful for you, but just remember that legendary sorceries are a thing, and that you can save up slots.)
    ~1 Common slot
    ~1 higher Max CMC (Bringing yours to 5)

You do not, I repeat DO NOT have to use these slots for the challenge. You can save as many of them as you want, or use all of them. It's up to you. Just keep in mind that cards made for challenges have the potential for 2 extra points if they fit the challenge.

Now, I know that most of you are wondering what the due date is. Well, as you know simply by following this challenge for this long, I am really bad with due dates. But I will try to hold myself to getting everything judged and the next challenge up by January 10, so that'll be around a week and a half for everyone to get their cards in.

Now, without further ado, Good Luck, Have Fun, and Happy Cardsmithing!
  • Sorry, @Aggroman15 I will have to drop out, just have too much stuff going on at the moment
  • edited December 2018
    @HeroKP OK. I'm sorry to hear that, but I understand that this is a really big thing that not everyone has the time for.
  • So, if I wanna go W/R (I'm already mono red) I make a white card for choice A?
  • Path B.
    (this is how this works: La'ayiv convinces Celi [who is guarding the cells] to let him and Alasia free)
This discussion has been closed.