Mill is too a Strategy! **Circuit Challenge**

Hello fellow cardsmiths, and welcome to

Mill is too a Strategy!

Let's get straight to the point. My friend, fellow cardsmith @TemurGideon, loves to torment and taunt me when we play commander by saying things such as "mill isn't a real strategy!" He especially says this when he is losing the game. So, in spite of my buddy TemurGideon, I created this contest to make him see cards that will make him cringe! Mwahahahaha!

What is mill, you might ask?

Here is a description of "mill" taken from Wikipedia:

The "Milling" mechanic is as described as "Target player puts the top N cards from his or her library into his or her graveyard." It is primary in blue and secondary in black.

Presumably, emptying your opponent's library is one way to ensure a game loss, though you have to wait for your opponent to actually draw a card, a fine point to the rule.

Cards that cause a player to mill have most often been found in blue or black (especially from the Dimir guild of the Ravnica blocks), though most of the earliest milling cards were artifacts. Flavor wise, milling is portrayed as occurring due to memory loss, insanity or drowning.

There are two basic types of mill deck: the control deck that looks to take over the game through killing your creatures and countering your spells, then using mill cards as a way to win the game, and a combo deck that plays primarily mill type cards and looks to mill the opponent out as soon as possible.

R&D tried to think of some keywords that would fit better to the mechanic. “Forget” was used for a while during design of Shadows over Innistrad, at the time in the process that milling played a larger role in the set.

Ok so in case you didn't know before, do you have more of an idea now on what "mill" is?

Here are some magic the gathering cards that feature the ''mill'' ability:

imageimageimageimage

So lets see some cards that will make mill haters really cry! Be creative, and most importantly, have fun!

Rules

1.) New and old cards are accepted. In the event of a tie, new cards will break ties if tied against an older entry.
2.) Any colors and or types of cards are allowed, but try to keep from obliterating the color pie please! :)
3.) No magic the gathering art please.
4.) Credit the artists name if possible please.
5.) There is no limit of entries for new cards. For old cards a maximum of 5 please.
6.) This contest will end Thursday, January 31st end of the day, eastern standard time, USA.

Prizes!

3rd place will get 4 favorites of their choice, their named mentioned in the hall of fame, a trophy favorite, and their name on a trophy card!

2nd place will get 5 favorites of their choice, their named mentioned in the hall of fame, a trophy favorite, and their name on a trophy card!

1st place will get 6 favorites of their choice, their named mentioned in the hall of fame, a trophy favorite, and their name on a trophy card!

Each winner will get their card put in a set folder on my account for this contest as well!

Each winner will also get CIRCUIT POINTS!!!

I created this in light of my bigger contest going on, for everyone looking for another challenge, a rarity from me these days to run two contests at once! Hope you guys enjoy this one!

Have fun, and remember, happy cardsmithing! - sj :P

Comments

This discussion has been closed.