Village Guardians (Saga)

Comments

• Ok, let’s just start this. So @pjbear is going after the garrison, @Derfaulehelmut is defending the outer reaches of Hahgheim, @Bowler218 is possibly going to kill the lich. Whoever wants to start their quest now can.
  • Hello everybody. Is it too late to join this merry band? If so, that's fine. Just curious.
  • edited January 2019
    At 5 o'clock I'm going on a lich hunt, if that's okay with @baryonyx69
  • It's way past time, get me that lich quest. I wanna take it!
  • @Bowler218 very good! Sorry it took me so long, I was busy, but now I’m not.
    You head to the bottom of the mountain east of Hahgheim, where the lich hides in his lair, an ancient ruin.
  • I enter, sword drawn.
  • You begin the trek up the long twisting path. Upon reaching the top, you see a large mass of people, surrounding some sort of altar, kneeling and bending up and down. You can hear a faint chant. Suddenly, they all stop, stand up and turn to you.
  • How wide is the path?
  • Wide enough for you.
  • But they can only come one at a time?
  • The cultists draw their ritualistic daggers, raise them and yell something unintelligible to you. They charge, but get no more than five feet when a loud crash shoots through the sky. A bolt of lightning shoots through the chest of each of the cultists. Their souls emerge from the holes, screaming and moaning. Then the lightning retracts, taking the souls with it. You raise your gaze to the source of the bolt: the Lich awaits, a grimace on his withering face. He hovers just a few feet above the large arch, signifying the ceiling height of the ruin. He descends slowly, and as he nears, you see something that resembles a smile on his face. He stops above the ground again, and lets out a low growling grunt, and prepares two spells on the ends of his fingertips.
  • I get into a defensive stance, looking for some sort of artifact it might have as it's phylactery.
  • The lich charges up a spell in its right hand, and you notice an ominous glow on its ring finger. Then a large fireball flies forth from its palm.
  • I duck, dropping my sword and pulling out my bow and arrow. I aim for the wrist of the hand with the ring.
  • The fireball barely misses, flying just over your head. You fire the arrow, and it pierces the lich’s right hand. He lets out a loud moaning roar, and grips the arrow, ripping it out. His hand can no longer move. He charges up a spell in his left hand, and releases it. A wall of ice rushes forward, about 10 feet in width
  • I move backwards, waiting for the wall to stop moving.
  • @baryonyx69
    WIth your permission, I'm starting my quest too. Apologise again for my possible grammar mistakes (non-nativ speaker)

I arrived to the outer reaches of Hahgheim. First thing I do is to measure our forces and make a quick estimation about the oposing army.

• @Bowler218 You see no end to the wall’s advancement.
  • @Derfaulehelmut You have about 40 men, all equipped with halberds, and a short sword if the opposing army gets too close. The opposing army has around 60, but they appear to be split up into smaller sections: footsoldiers with short swords, a line in the front seemingly mirroring your army, but with pokes and shields, and a row behind that with archers. Lastly, they have a small group of horse riders.
  • Then I climb the wall.
  • edited January 2019
    The frost wall that’s propelling towards you?
  • Oh, yeah. Ok new plan: I keep going down the path
  • I take a look on the surroundings in order to make a plan on how to organise better the defense.
    I also share my 75 gold from the previous mission among the men in order to increase their morale,
  • @Bowler218 You barely dodge the wall as it hits a tree, explodes, and encases a number of rocks and the tree in ice. The Lich roars and comes to the end of the path
  • @Derfaulehelmut the men thank you and say a blessing. You see a small path that goes through the forest to the left of your side. Following it, you see it comes out behind the enemy, who is now fully prepared.
  • @baryonyx69

I raise some minor fire elementals to my side, ready to take on the undead army.
  • I run past him
  • @pjbear2005 as you approach the garrison, a war horn sounds, and a few undead on horseback charge over a hill
  • edited January 2019
    @Bowler218 he shoots a gout of flame, but misses. When you are back above him, he summons a skeletal hulk by his side
This discussion has been closed.