Post your cards here. Actually see what others think.

Comments

• edited February 2019
    @ElMagici
    I like the card, but it's a little busted. It's a strictly better Gut Shot, which is already a good card.
    But then again, this one's a little busted too.
    Edoot: Balanced card.
  • @ElMagici Ignite is definitely overpowered. This is a real card that is often played:
  • edited February 2019

• what if ur blind? sorry i had to say that because i had a actual blind friend(he likes mtg) of mine laugh so hard when i read that to him! though it be hard playing MTG blind... over all its a good card, though still new to Cardsmith myself. So not much i can say if im new is there?

also sorry for not reading the rules fully, and forgetting to comment first.
  • so here is my card, still dont know how to post pic instead of link yet, Help?
    Also now done Correctly.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/complete/full/2019/2/3/1549241017148945.png
  • edited February 2019
    ohhhhh... thats how u do it!!!
    I know its a crowded mess. im still working on it
  • My only suggestion is to say "Put a fire counter on Gugdul" instead of create 2 fire counters."
    How good does this card look?
  • @ouster94501

I think this card needs some minor fixing, and even then it's somewhat of a letdown.

"Flying, trample, haste

When Banefire Demon enters the battlefield, it deals X damage to any target. (I think the exclusion of planeswalkers is a little strange, so I changed it to "target" instead. If you'd rather keep it to creatures and players, that's fine.)

? (Not sure how to word the second section, TBH. I guess it'd be along the lines of "If {x} is 5 or more, Banefire Demon can't be countered."?)

- (I don't think you really need this section, while it's very Ball Lightning-esque, it doesn't really help much; rather it hurts it a lot; at {3}{r}{r}{r} it's a Lightning Bolt attached to a 3/3.)

+ Banefire Demon enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it. (While asterisks are used for variable power/toughness, it's usually defined [see Tarmogoyf]; in this case it isn't and doesn't need to be. Rather it should just have 0 power and then ETB with X +1/+1 counters on it.) "

Next Up

Leave a comment or favorite this, then post up to two cards of your own!
  • edited February 2019
    @Warlord_Cyro, might I suggest rewording the card like so:
    Reach, trample
    Gugdul, Master of Battle enters the battlefield with two fire counters on it.
    {3}{b}{r}: Gugdul, Master of Battle deals 2 damage to each creature with power 2 or less. Whenever those creatures would die this turn, put a fire counter on Gugdul.
    {1}{b}{r}, Sacrifice two nontoken creatures, remove six fire counters from Gugdul: Create two 4/4 red and black Demon creature tokens.
    Recommended creature typing: Demon
    Here's yet another pyromancer by me:
    Edoot: Rebalanced card.
  • edited February 2019
    @Mrbobblehead
    You must comment or favorite the card immediately preceding your own.

@Damnation
    I commented on your card.

Next Up:

Leave a comment or favorite on Marr, then post up to two cards of your own!
  • @Faiths_Guide Ooooh, immediately preceding. Ok.
  • edited February 2019
    I faved marr, so here's two cards
    (Edit: Changed links to images)

If you couldn't tell, I really like mana sinks
    Are you allowed to post cards that have placeholder images as art?
  • edited February 2019
    Hi guys!
    I made this and I know is a little busted, but samurai are so weak, I wanted to give an general to upgrade them. What do you think?

• @Akei, I provided my feedback in the comment section.

What do you guys think of my next emotionally heavy card that probably isn't all that realistic?

It's not very subtle...
  • edited February 2019
    @Ranshi922 Left my feedback in the comment section.

Looking for some feedback on this planeswalker that I'm not entirely sold on:

• edited February 2019
    I have created a monster
  • edited February 2019
    @EnvyReaper
    I favorited. Also, where is this from? I need to know.
    Next up...
    Grand Karcist Ion
    and
    Demonic Inscription

• @ouser94501 - I think it would be better if you had to pay something (1 life, 1 mana) to activate the thing which Bloodlust does, rather than have it activate on its own whenever you sacrifice a creature. Also, I don't like to see cards which don't credit the artist.

Now, I would like to know your thoughts about the batching keyword which I put into this card:

Fast (Creatures with first strike, double strike, or haste are fast.)
  • @TenebrisNemo I can't see what problems you could run into with it(the batching keyword). A new batching keyword is about the least parasitic new mechanic I can think of, and I don't see any problems with the power of fast abilities going up or down too much. As for the activated ability cost, it seems a little spendy. Perhaps you could have it cost 1 generic with the downside of an opponent scrying for 1, maybe 2? But that would pump it up to rare, so the current cost is fine. Probably just my inner spike getting to me.
    As for my latest poor attempt at card design.... here we go!
  • edited February 2019
    @Mrbobblehead Good card! I left you a comment.

Here's mine :) :

• @snow601

That is a very interesting concept you put together! I don’t think there is a clean template to do exactly what you want it to that would fit in the text box, so here is my suggestion:

"Whenever CARDNAME becomes blocked, each creature blocking it loses all abilities until end of turn. CARDNAME gains each ability lost this way until end of turn."

The wording to make this work on both attacks and blocks is extremely confusing, so I think restricting this to just attacks makes for both better templating and better gameplay. Also, making the effect only last until end of turn removes the huge memory burden of remembering which abilities this card has. Finally, I think if this card just “steals” the exact abilities on its blockers, the template and tracking are both much clearer.

Here is my card:

Specifically, I am looking for helping templating the ability that allows it to tap opponent's creatures with its chivalry ability.

@Tomigon @ningyounk @Faiths_Guide
    Any suggestions?
  • @bnew07
    I commented on the card page.

Next Up:

Leave a comment or favorite on Revoke the Mighty then post up to two cards of your own!

Hi all, just some random thought, would be nice to hear your opinions :)
  • Hey @NuubLoord! Are you new to the forums? If so, welcome!

You may not be aware, this is the "Actually see what others think" discussion I started. The rules are that you must either leave a fave or comment on the card preceding yours when you post it. We're trying to keep this discussion as clear as possible so that people have the simplest time knowing what to comment/fave when they post their own card for critique. I will try and swing by to comment on one or more of your linked cards though ;)

Alright Smiths!

This is a somewhat unique discussion page (this is a function reminder), look at Page One for more clarification.

To post one or two cards for others to look at in this thread, first leave a FAVE or COMMENT on at least one of the cards preceding your own. The next person will do the same. In this way, almost every card that gets displayed here will have some form of feedback.

-Next Up-
    Revoke the mighty

[ Leave a fave or comment on my card and then post up to two of your own! ]
  • edited February 2019
    Well I was going to comment on Revoke the Mighty but it looks like it's been covered so I just left a fave.

I'm posting this card because I'm genuinely unsure about the power level.

I've lowered the power compared to the card it's based on (but upped the toughness, so it's gone from a 2/2 to a 1/3) and I'm hoping this is still worthy of a rare because I could imagine it getting out of hand in limited with 2 power. Am I being too cautious?

EDIT: Thanks to some feedback I've changed it to a 1/2.
  • edited February 2019
    I've commented on your card, @Animist. I think the change to 1/2 was a wise one.

Next Up:

Anyone think he could count all creatures you control instead of only Pirates?

Leave a comment or a fave on this card and then post up to two of your own!
  • Welp, I have to retake my Handbook Exam for Driver's Ed and I am not happy about it