A New Plane - Custom Set Collab Contest

Ok, an idea just popped into my head. I want everyone who's willing to pitch in to help me create a full set for this new plane I'm creating called Zienthya. Ok, so here's the lore if you're interested.

In Zienthya, a reclusive mastermind named Agrostus has created the first completely sentient android with the ability to adapt to any situation, without the use of magic. Now, everyone wants to get their hands his tech. There are many "guilds" as you could call them, but unlike most sets all of them are mono-colored and play much differently.

White (Zeal): white, usually the tribe built on small creatures and overwhelming your opponent, is basically the same. Their main keyword is Criticals, a keyword I made a long time ago. (When this creature attacks a creature or player, roll a d6, and if it lands on 6 the damage dealt by combat is doubled.) And while they still rely on tokens (like their 2/2 Android tokens with vigilance and criticals), they now use Equipment tokens. Main theme is knights and angels as always, but make the angels slightly weaker than usual, with lower costs.

Blue (Eras): blue is still the control-based house you know and love. They now have a new action keyword (that might be a bit overwhelming) called (target player) Forgets X (Look at the top X cards of target opponent’s library. You may put as many of them into your opponent’s graveyard as you wish (except legendary cards), and put the rest back on top of their library in any order.) They also have enchantment creatures and the return of Constellation (look up the keyword). Their androids are 1/1, have flying and when they are created, forget 1. Main theme is illusions and wizards/scientists.

Black (Wiltys): black is a tricky color. In this set, it has a cool new mechanic made by @sanjaya666 called Hivemind (All creatures you control that share a creature type with this creature have its static abilities.) Also, witness the return of infect and poisonous! Their androids are 2/2 (like most others) and have poisonous 1 and menace. Insects. Thanks to sanjaya for the keyword.

Red (Grobnob): red, believe it or not, is mill based now. Their new gimmick is Flames (Whenever this card deals damage to a player, that player draws a card and discards a card at random), which sounds bad, but it really isn't that horrible. Also, it can stack. Especially when combined with the amount of mill cards I want you guys to put in. Plus, with plenty of haste and menace cards and the return of afflict and storm, the goblins of Grobnob know how to piss your opponents off. Their androids are 1/1 with haste and flames.

Green (Lislif): green is, like most times, a ramp deck. But with their new gimmick Landwake X (Whenever you play a Forest, you may make it a */* Elemental Forest land creature who's power and toughness is equal to X plus the Landwake number of every other card you control when you use this effect. You may change it back into a basic land at any time you could cast a sorcery.), you need to make decisions. Know when to turn it into a creature and when not to. Also, they have Landfall. Their androids are 2/2 with trample. Treefolk for the win.

Colorless (Teregon): ok, so I made 2 new keywords for the colorless guys. Colorless guys are artifacts and/or work with. They play ramp. Their 2 new keywords are Merge (If this destroys a creature by combat damage, turn that creature into a token aura with "give +X/+Y to the enchanted creature", where X is the creature’s original power and Y its toughness, and enchant this creature with it.) and Obliterate X (When this deals combat damage to a player, they must discard X cards from their hand, and you may destroy up to X of their permanents (this can also destroy permanents with indestructable, as though they didn’t have the ability). Obliterate is reserved for big guys. Their Android tokens are plain 3/3s.

I will post the planeswalker cards shortly. Have fun with this, no prizes other than favorites if I like your cards.

Comments

• This sounds cool! I may join.
  • @kandra127 still haven't posted lore or planes walkers, I'll wrap that up tomorrow
  • Merge is a real ability where 2 cards can "Transform" together into the merge card.
  • @Project1734 Oh yeah. weird how it came up when I searched merge.
  • @KorandAngels well, I hope you decide to pitch in, I need all the help I can get here :I
  • @Project1734 I can help with watermarks
  • @Project1734
    Although I would say that Forget is extremely OP as the clunky wording allows you to go and remove your opponent's deck except legendaries
  • @EnvyReaper it was meant to say Forget and you get to look at the top cards, then put any number of THOSE cards into their graveyard, I'll fix the wording. Also, I'd love to have help on the watermarks, thanks. Almost done the main planeswalkers.
  • Fixed. Apparently < number > without spaces doesn't show up
  • edited April 2019
    @Project1734
    I recommend to change Triggered with another one, for example with Hivemind (Creatures you control that share a type with this creature have the static abilities of this creature), since they all mostly insects, you know, like ants. Just suggesting though.

It would also be... somewhat confusing if you also have morph cards in your deck (I mean really, morph and that triggered of yours together would be kind of weird).

Plus, that ability of yours really doesn't feel like it belongs only in the black at all, no offense though.
  • edited April 2019
    Ok, an announcement. I have finished the main planeswalkers and lore. I will post these one by one, starting with:

Dreadskull
    Dreadskull is a goblin warlord, and he looks just as stupid as the rest. But his intelligence is actually that of an above average war general, so he knows what he's doing. His planeswalker spark ignited when protecting his people in Zienthya when his brothers died. After his spark ignited he what transported to Ravnica, and helped Domri there. The things he has in common with the other goblins of Grobnob are their passion, temper, and love for burning things. He's currently at war with the Zeal over control of the city, and has already gotten hold of some of the prototypes for the Androids, which he gave flamethrowers just for the fun of it.
  • edited April 2019
    Next up we have:

Verathes
    Verathes is an experiment of the Eras gone wrong. She was originally an ordinary soldier working for the Zeal that had been struck down. A day after her death, Angel, the lead scientist at Eras, decided to try something. She used the dead body as a test experiment for a mutation serum, meant to enhance the Zeal's knights. (This is before Angel became a planeswalker btw) The serum ended up instead igniting her spark (which didn't trigger an instinctual planeswalk, due to the fact that she was still basically dead at that moment. idk, just roll with it) and bringing her back to life as a horrible crossbreed between human and insect (remember innastrad?), and she fled to the forest. Living in her cave, she has amassed an army of insects and freaks called the Wiltys who want nothing but the death of those who had wronged them. And hey, why not pick up an army of robots along the way?
  • @sanjaya666 you have a point, I made that idea a long time ago and you're right. Is it ok if I use Hivemind with proper credit?
  • Well, I guess I'll keep posting. Here you have...

Angel
    Angel, the powerful mindmage and lead scientist of Eras has always been...very ambitious. She's gone a bit too far at times. But her intentions are good. She was born in the outskirts of The City, and her parents both died from an illness when she was young. That's the main reason why she's determined to come up with a way to basically cure humanity of it's physical flaws, which is why she went into science. She was gifted with the ability to erase memories, and this power has grown over time. She can also create illusions and cause insanity if need be. Eventually she found out she was a planeswalker when she went into a coma after a lab accident, and woke up a week later in Ravnica. After staying there for a while to help out with the rebuilding of Ravnica after the Gruul riots, she went back to her home plane. After having many adventures travelling the multiverse, she's gathered a lot of data, and she isn't afraid to use it. If you asked her, she'd say her main influences are Agrostus and Jace. Currently trying to find a way to cure the mutations of the Wiltyr.
  • Next on the list we have to cover the plant.

Chondri
    Chondri, the first treefolk planeswalker, is from the plane of Innastrad and was sent to this plane thousands of years ago once he realized his true potential and warped to Zienthya. His motive is to protect the forest from outside forces at all costs. And this goal, he and all his brethren (the Lislif treefolk) live by. Not much else is known about him other than the fact that he is worshiped by many as the god of the forest. In fact, there's even a temple called The Temple of Chondri in the middle of The City. He's quite fond of Gladius and even Angel, despite her many mistakes in the past. Chondri and Agrostus seem to have some sort of connection, but who knows, maybe I'm just trying to make this post longer. Currently neutral in the war, but Agrostus gave him some of the Androids in case he needs them.
  • @Project1734 you don't need to indicate what XX equals
  • @EnvyReaper just wanted to make sure it wasn't confusing
  • edited April 2019
    Ok, two more left... -.-

Gladius
    (Yes, I know he starts off with one loyalty, has no ultimate and can only use one ability, but I wanted to try something. Plus, it's a 2-drop. And it's better than Tibalt.)
    So anyways, Gladius has always been a noble soul with a thirst for justice. And he's the greatest warrior in Zienthya. His spark ignited after finally taking vengeance on the person that killed his best friend when he was younger. After that, he was sent to Zienthya. Realizing what had happened and what he had done, he had vowed to never make take vengeance and to always stay true to his morals. He's done a lot of things in his time, but dealing with an army of goblins, even with the entire army of The City (called Zeal) by his side and with help from Eras he can barely hold them off. Is interested in Angel, but is setting that aside until the threat is taken care of. Zeal and Eras both got Androids from Teregon.
  • The final planeswalker and the main walker of the set (which also happens to be my first card on cardsmith) is here.

Agrostus
    (He costs a lot of mana and getting his ultimate is a pain, but I'm hoping you guys can find a way to make him useful.)
    Agrostus, the reclusive inventor, doesn't even talk to his own group, the elite mechanics of Teregon, much less other guilds. Not much is known about him other than he's been alive a long time and he's the strongest being on this plane. His main power is technopathy. Don't piss him off. More lore for him to come as the pieces slowly fall into place.

Anticlimactic last planeswalker post.
  • Now that I'm looking back I see that Gladius may be a bit op
  • @Project1734 Yeah maybe one android would be better.
  • @SteampunkDragon I'll fix him real quick lol (this is the fifth time today)
  • @SteampunkDragon fixed him, he's still a great card though
  • Posting a couple new cards here for now (hopefully someone else joins soon)
    Skull-Bonker is more than just comic relief :I
  • @Project1734 It's fine dude. It was just a half-baked suggestion anyway.
  • To contribute something, I'll say that forget is probably far too powerful in its current form. It's basically lantern control mill as an entire faction and that would be horrid to play against in both limited and constructed. You either need to really tone down the numbers on cards that make the opponent forget or change up the mechanic.
  • I'm going to try to help on this.
  • Is there something happening, like a war or any tention between the ‘guilds’? Does every ‘guild’ just get their androids, and what are these androids? Just creature tokens? Are a creature type or just android, robot like things
  • edited April 2019
    @joerivlimpt In the current state, I'm pretty sure that androids are tokens (probably Artifact Creatures and probably Constructs). Each mono-colour has its own android, as does colorless. You can see them in the opening description in the descriptions of the various guilds.

EDIT: They're token artifact creatures with the creature type Android of their appropriate color.
This discussion has been closed.