Something Foul

Comments

• You are slightly behind, but I will try to bring you up to speed. I would like everyone at level 2 when we start chapter 2.
  • Dang I'm stuck. Lakin doesn't know anything about magic, curse-riddled seals. He decides to leave the tax office to find an expert of the unnatural.
  • @asubtleghost Rely more on thief skills. D&D thieves can disarm magical traps. Make a card the reflects that.
  • @pstmdrn Mkay. I haven't played D&D in ages, and I had very few rogue characters.

Here goes:
  • "We would love to see those plans," Mestro said. While the sheriff busied himself Mestro leaned over and whispered to Sagaz, "You have any magic that can remove the mind control?"
  • Updating
  • edited May 2019
    Lakin @asubtleghost

After quickly studying the trap for a moment, Lakin realizes it is only a minor variation on treasure wards he learned to disable from his mentor. He rubs away a couple runes in a specific order and the ward stops glowing, safe to pass (2 XP).

• edited May 2019
    A hidden tunnel underneath a bank ! Every thief's dream. Quietly closing the hidden door behind him, Lakin pulled a resinous stick out of a small laquered wooden box, along with a Flint & Stone lighter. He lighted the thick candle and raised it above his head, illuminating the tunnel with an orange glow. These mine candles could burn for days, unhindered by dampness, and the peculiar light it cast couldn't blind you even if you stared at it.

Lakin carefully advanced, his sharp dirk at the ready.
  • Sagaz tries to dispel the mark.
    (Art by ALRadeck)
  • edited May 2019
    Sagaz & Mestro @korandangels @derain2

The sheriff opens a cabinet nearby and pulls out a large rolled parchment which he lays out on a desk for you both to see. The plans detail a very elaborate and state of the art sewage and waste removal system. It is mostly mundane, but there is some magic involved in the waste processing. As the sheriff leans over to show you some of his favorite features, the brand on his neck lays clearly exposed. Sagaz takes the opportunity to banish it with a silent burst of holy magic, cleansing the flesh with a white light. The sheriff seems stunned for a moment as his head clears, staring at you blankly. (2 XP)

• Mestro kept his voice low, who knows how many others in the building were marked. "Are you feeling alright my lord?"
  • More updates today!
  • Lakin @asubtleghost

The passage descends, the smell of sewage and filth growing stronger as you go. Up ahead, the passage looks like it meets up with another passage and ends at a door. A constable stands guard.

• Sagaz & Mestro @korandangels @Derain2

The sheriff blanks a few times and puts his hand to his head. "I a, suddenly not feeling well, very disorienting. Please forgive me if I postpone this meeting until another time. I can't seem to focus on anything or remember what is going on."

• "My Lord, I believe you have been under infernal influences. My companion and I are attempting to expose them. Anything you can tell us could be very helpful.
  • (Sorry I haven't posted here)
    I search the corridor
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/search-the-corridor?list=user
  • Theyul & Drekar@bowler218 @MonkeyPirate2002

The long hallway is full of cells, similar to yours, on either side. It is also full of the putrid smell of filth, concentrated to a great degree. At the end is a heavy door. As you approach, you can hear voices on the other side.

• Sagaz & Mestro @korandangels @Derain2

"Infernal influence?! How can you come into my constabulary and accuse me of something so foul?!" The sheriff seems irate.

• OK, everyone who needs an update is done! Having so much fun, hope you still are. We will add a player in chapter 2.
  • @bowler218

"Oi, Theyul, yer gonna wanna cover yer ears. It's gonna get LOUD in here."

• Oh no. Sagaz asks Mestro if he has a calming spell.
  • edited May 2019
    I forgot to give @korandangels and @derain2 some Xp. I edited the post and here are current totals:

@korandangels: 4xp
    @asubtleghost: 6xp
    @bowler218: 6 xp
    @monkeypirate2002: 4xp (reflects a post I am working on now)
    @derain2: 4xp
  • @MonkeyPirate2002, @pstmdrn
    I duck, covering my ears. Once the explosion finishes, I pull out my dagger and move into the room, motioning for Drekar to follow.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/theyuls-knife?list=user
  • edited May 2019
    Theyul & Drekar @bowler218 @MonkeyPirate2002

Drekar's spell makes an impressive concussive force, which not only shakes the corridor, but also shatters the wooden door to splinters. Inside is an elevator that is barely holding together and two constables on the ground covering their ears in a daze. (2XP Drekar)

• edited May 2019

"Now now," Mestro spoke softly, letting the magic gently caress his words, "no one is accusing you of anything. But let's look at the state of the city. Discontent is high, crime is on the rise, and the streets are full of shit and piss. Would you have allowed that to happen if you were in control of your own faculties? No. Someone else is to blame for all this and we want to help you find out who it is."
  • ("It seems that a non-magical solution is equally effective")
  • edited May 2019
    Sagaz & Mestro @korandangels @Derain2

Mestro's words are saturated with gentle magics, soft on the mind. As they enter the sheriff's ear, his demanor begins to change. The sheriff takes a deep breath, taking a moment to center himself. He opens his eyes and looks at you both... "Yes, yes... forgive my outburst. Things are starting to return to me. We must act quickly, for the tax collector in my office now must be under the same control." (2 XP each)
  • edited May 2019
    Theyul & Drekar @bowler218 @MonkeyPirate2002

Both of you rush into the elevator and finish off the dazed guards. There is a lever that takes the elevator down.

This discussion has been closed.