They are deadly... They are social... they are SLIVERS (Finished)

Hey guys! With the Modern Horizons comming to us in the next month, thre's one particular tribe returning with it. And if we don't talk about my favorite Shapeshifters with the epic changeling, we of course mean the SLIVERS. Those gorgeously interesting creatures appear on many different planes from Rath, Shandalar and Dominaria to even Alara or Mirrodin. They share a Hive-mind, which allows them to enjoy a big group-hug theme. For more specific information check out some Sliver cards. I think you will quickly get what's going on (if you aren't already familliar with this species).

And your task is:
- Create a card with the subtype Sliver (doesn't have to be a creature, though...)
- Post it here as a link or an image

You can submit as many Slivers as you want! They really like big company after all...

Please be as creative as you can, as correct with the wording and graphic design as you can and enjoy your time of smithing those beautiful Slivers.

Comments

• Thank the glorious Sliver Queen, it's a tribe that actually has really good fan art on the internet.
  • @MemoryHead Where have you found sliver fan art? All I can find is official arts.
  • edited May 2019
    @Lujikul I literally just typed "sliver fantasy art" into google images, not even artstation or anything. There's a load of credited stuff that isn't from real cards.
  • edited May 2019
  • edited May 2019
  • What's worse than slivers? Probably some different slivers, to be honest, but more slivers works as well:

• edited May 2019
  • Hey guys, can we return to the roots? The good old "All Slivers..."? I think that Slivers are all about that. THAT is the sliver mechanic, THAT is what makes Slivers Slivers (in my oppinion).
  • @ASubtleGhost Just a note, prowess didn't have a variable.
  • Are old cards allowed?
  • @Red_Tower Thank you for notifying me on that.
  • edited May 2019
    Look at all those abilities!

(Just so we're all clear:
    Afterlife 0 - when it dies, you get 0 Spirit tokens.
    Enchant enchantment with enchant enchantment - can only be attached to an enchantment that enchants other enchantments.
    Haunt - when it dies, you can have it haunt a creature, which won't do anything. [Note: a previous version of this card had fading 500, but that destroys your existing slivers since they won't have fade counters on them since they didn't start off with fading.]
    Equip W - pay W to equip it to a creature.
    Fortify U - pay U to fortify it to a land.
    Kicker B - unless the creature has a kicker effect, this won't do anything.
    Level up R - unless the creature has level up, this won't do anything.
    Brushwagg swap G - pay G to swap it with a Brushwagg creature from your hand.
    Partner - can be commander along with another partner creature, but this only works if the creature has partner to start off.
    Protection from snow planeswalkers - can't be dealt damage, enchanted, equipped, blocked, or targeted by snow planeswalkers, of which none exist.
    Soulbond - can be paired with another creature, which is irrelevant.
    Miracle - you can cast it as you draw it instead of waiting until the main phase.
    Banding - any creatures with banding, and up to one without, can attack in a band. Bands are blocked as a group. If any creatures with banding you control are blocking or being blocked by a creature, you divide that creature's combat damage, not its controller, among any of the creatures it's being blocked by or is blocking.)
  • If that's not a joke, I'm going to scream.

XD
  • Aww, you gave it the steamflogger name but not assemble a contraption?
  • edited May 2019
    Deleted.
  • @Je_Suis_Oluwa But it's already entered the battlefield before the fading becomes active and so it wipes all of your slivers...

Also, that's the most sense-making reminder text I've ever seen for banding. Ten out of ten.
  • edited May 2019
  • edited May 2019
  • edited May 2019
  • edited May 2019
  • @Ranshi922 Yes, old cards are allowed
  • Excellent.
  • edited May 2019
    I just didn't write it in the rules, because when I searched for Slivers on Cardsmith, there were just three. So I thought there's not gonna be that many people submiting old cards.
  • edited May 2019
    @ThePhantomJoker Ah, but the search function's card pool gets reset every now and again. If you search for me (memoryhead), for example, you only get my most recent two cards.
  • edited May 2019
    @MemoryHead, you're correct. I'm replacing fading with haunt.

@Red_Tower The steamflogger name is a reference to Steamflogger Boss in that it has abilities that are useless...right now.
    Also, is there any good way to tie it to Contraptions while still making sense? I need help with that.

@kandra127: go ahead, start screaming.
  • @darksteel Can't your sliver have Phrexian mana?

• How would you word an effect that allowed all slivers to be cast with Phyrexian mana?
This discussion has been closed.