WUBRG Challenge!

Welcome!
Colors are often beautiful, so let's bring them all together!

In this challenge you'll make cards that have a mana cost of exactly WUBRG.
That means no generic mana, phyrexian mana or hybrid mana in the cost.
Everything else is free game.

Example cards
image image image

Cards will be judged based on creativity, balance, flavor, artwork, potentials, spelling & grammar.

* Max 3 entries per person.
* Only new cards
* Remember to provide the artist or a source for the artwork.
Deadline is until the 31th of May
The 3 winners will receive a TROPHY and a place in HALL OF FAME.

Good luck and happy smithing!

Comments

• I have an old card that I will post here for viewing, but can't enter:
  • edited May 2019
    Jonteman needs some entries boys and girls! Let's make it happen!

Entry # 1
  • Entry # 2

• edited May 2019
  • edited May 2019
    Entry 1: An unknown type five colored creature, only good on a draft or sealed limited event. Mostly a dead card if you can't make it happen on your first mulligans.

Entry 2: Another nonlegendary unknown type five colored creature, a massive blocker wall and massive attack force, if they happen to be both on your hand, another limited inspired card.

Entry 3: You may want to roll a Laboratory Maniac style of deck, you may have a nice headstart if your opening hand is three copies of this.

• edited May 2019
    Deleted.

• @sanjaya666
    Unfortunately, the mana cost has to be "exactly" {w}{u}{b}{r}{g}.
  • edited May 2019

I based this card on this soundtrack.
  • edited June 2019
    My 3rd and final entry

• edited May 2019
    Changed my entry.

• edited May 2019
  • Here's my first wubrg creature and yes it's a sliver.
  • edited May 2019
    My entry. If someone has a better idea of how to do the wording, or knows the name of the artist, let me know.

• old card:

new card:
  • edited May 2019
    This is a bit wordier than I like. If anyone has any suggestions to clean up the language, I'd love to hear them.

• @derain2 - I left a comment on your card with potential alternate text for you.
  • edited May 2019
  • I know this is past the deadline but it won't hurt to post just in case:

• Announcement time!"

Honorable Mentions
    Silver Progenitor by @Dechujoh64, Sliver Broodmaster by @sanjaya666
    image image
    Slivers for the sliver gods!

Princess Silvera Estrela by @Lastjustice
    An interesting card with great potential and high synergistic build-around in a tron like EDH.

Legislation Engine by @Temurzoa
    If this contest was about fun screw-around cards, this would have been easily number 1.

3rd place! Azolla, Sage of the Sky by @Tomigon
    @Shagoth said it better than I ever could so I'll just commit his/her comment here.
    "This is a card that's better designed than it looks at first glance. I hate emminence abilities but this one pushes multicolored hard and expects a good mana base. Also the best cards in this deck will be the kind of crappy three colored/two mana cycle from Alara. Also I like how the abilities clearly interact but aren't assuring that they'll go off consistently. In addition to using a lot of lands to get to this point in the game, unless the top three cards all happen to be lands, there will be some luck involved. It even exiles the bottom cards no matter what so you can't fail a scry one turn and retry the next. In addition to playing a deck that probably pushes fetchlands, turning the advantage of being less likely to encounter lands a disadvantage, this is one of the most subtly but impressively designed cards I've ever seen."

2nd place!! Peppi and Eiji, Skygazers by @TenebrisNemo
    I probably like the mathematical balance of mana discount and additional costs from this card more than I should. The card also have a strange weird sweet spot on what cards it wants from your deck, that being, colors are good. Just not five colors since then they stay the same. It prevents the deck from going crazy with these powerful five colored cards and instead relying on everything less than five. It can work as a ramp deck and also a kind of hate deck at the same time while hitting that sweet spot that makes it all fall apart, but with fantastic style.

1st place!!! The Dungeon Master by @Animist
    There is no doubt that from a design perspective, this is the least complex card of these shown above. Design and complexity is not everything, obviously since this is on the first place. But as a once wise man recently said, "the most important thing in this world is a good story."
    Sorry, I had to go and forget some bad memories, for five days...
    Now where were I? Oh right!
    The Dungeon Master might not be complex but what he has is a great story, great flavor.
    All that potential it got, All those decks that can be built around it. This card really embraces the five colors like few other card does. Oh and also.
    "I am the dungeon master and welcome to my dungeon."

Thank you all who participated in this contest. There were many awesome entries but sadly only a few could be chosen in the end.
  • Woohoooo! Thanks for hosting this contest!
  • I am, admittedly, disappointed. Alas. None-the-less, congrats to the winners and honorable mentions.
This discussion has been closed.