Custom Commander Contest

Comments

• @PandaShoop you can spectate games but only if they have already got all their players in.
  • edited May 2019
    Two new commanders:

• edited May 2019
    I'm (hopefully) going to get my cards done over this upcoming weekend.
  • @PandaShoop, yes there is. I have had games with random people to have their friends watch and be very judgemental towards me...
  • This is a commander I play on Untap whenever they let me. A lot of people are scared of it for the combo with Mycosynth Lattice, but If you think about it, not as good as Lavinia with omen machine and they were fine with printing her. Basically it likes turning stuff into artifacts to steal or destroy.

//deck-1
    1 Acidic Slime
    1 Arcbound Reclaimer
    1 Argent Mutation
    1 Basalt Monolith
    1 Beast Within
    1 Birthing Pod
    1 Botanical Sanctum
    1 Brainstorm
    1 Breeding Pool
    1 Broken Bond
    1 Clock of Omens
    1 Command Tower
    1 Crumble
    1 Cryptic Command
    1 Cyclonic Rift
    1 Daze
    1 Dictate of Karametra
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Flooded Strand
    1 Force Spike
    1 Force of Will
    1 Gilded Lotus
    1 Heartstone
    1 Horizon Spellbomb
    1 Illusionist's Bracers
    1 Inspiring Statuary
    1 Inventors' Fair
    1 Kiora's Follower
    1 Kodama's Reach
    1 Kuldotha Forgemaster
    1 Leyline of Anticipation
    1 Liquimetal Coating
    1 Living Plane
    1 Lotus Petal
    1 Lumbering Falls
    1 Mana Drain
    1 Manglehorn
    1 Master Thief
    1 Memnarch
    1 Merrow Commerce
    1 Mindslaver
    1 Mishra's Workshop
    1 Misty Rainforest
    1 Mox Opal
    1 Mox Opal
    1 Mycosynth Lattice
    1 Myr Landshaper
    1 Nature's Claim
    1 Neurok Transmuter
    1 Noxious Revival
    1 Opt
    1 Otherworld Atlas
    4 Polluted Delta
    1 Quicken
    1 Rain of Thorns
    1 Rampant Growth
    1 Rebuild
    1 Reclamation Sage
    1 Rings of Brighthearth
    1 Scalding Tarn
    1 Scrap Trawler
    1 Seat of the Synod
    1 Serum Visions
    1 Simic Signet
    1 Skull Clamp
    1 Sol Ring
    1 Spell Pierce
    1 Steal Artifact
    1 Swan Song
    8 Forest
    1 Sylvok Replica
    8 Island
    1 Trading Post
    1 Training Grounds
    1 Treasure Mage
    1 Tree of Tales
    1 Tropical Island
    1 Trygon Predator
    1 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Voltaic Key
    1 Whir of Invention
    1 Windswept Heath

//play-1
    1 Phorcykah, Bioroboticist
  • edited June 2019
    Heya! Just wanted to say that I didn't forget about this little thing! I've actually been making cards since the beginning of May ^*^ It's a bit of a slow process sadly, and I know I promised to make these by April o-o

But, I just wanted to give I guess a bit of an update on my progress!

Eron of Fykel Crypt has actually been replaced! It was less of an *entire* do over and more of a retexturing! I hope you'll enjoy this Firroth of Fykel Crypt in his place! It's less of a judge's headache and does a better job of representing Gruul than Eron ever did!

imageimage

As of now, 7/15 cards (including the commander) are completed! I'll definitely be striving to finish this by the end of May and actually *attempt* to keep my word ^*^

I'll be sure to keep you updated on any future shenanigans regarding this. Sorry again for not taking this seriously and/or giving this thing actual time and delaying it! I've been working on this as much as I could this entire month and hope to get these out by the end of it.

Thanks for reading this all the way through! And again, sorry I delayed this *by an entire month* o-o

• @ManaChrome Ooh, nice card idea. I'll put my my vote in for this new commander being balanced.
  • @CrafterofTruths To quote the opening text:

"2. After all of the participants have volunteered, anyone else who wants to join should style set up as through they are guaranteed a spot. This is so that if anybody has to drop out, we win't be completely derailed."

Make your cards and your deck and you'll go into a reserve list. People will be picked off of the reserves to replace anybody who drops out.
  • I have my cards done, I think @Ranshi922 I jsut need to add actual cards
  • @MemoryHead
    Oops. Thanks for telling me.
  • @DoctorFro, I was under the impression that you had a deck minus a few cards...
  • No not yet haha I can tho by the weekend tho I’ll slap some crap in tonight and edit it tomorrow
  • I literally have one exam in a few hours and then my last one is tomorrow morning. Let me get through that and I'll get the rest of my cards done.
  • Coming with my deepest apologies for being lazy and taking so long, I've got my entry more-or-less done (three cards left to go that I've created the basis of, but still need to iron out in terms of fine points and one card that I've made two versions of and need to decide on / balance). I'll get those final few cards done tomorrow and have the lot of them up once they're done. Until then, here's the commander for critique and balance:

• edited June 2019
    I've decided to join the commander contest as a reserve. Here's my commander, which I used mtg.design in order to render the "choose one" effect properly.

• @MonkeyPirate2002 This is going to be a silly question that's entirely unrelated to the contest, but how do you do bullet points in .design? I haven't found a way to do so, though admittedly I've only made half-a-dozen or so cards with a choose effect.
  • edited June 2019
    @MemoryHead if you have a keyboard with a numpad and are using Windows 7, you can hold Alt and press–in this order and without actually holding the buttons down; 0, 1, 4, 9. Once you release 9, you should get this: •

Also, @Ranshi922 , I know you adamantly dislike mtg.design, but I'm only going to use it for things that incorporate choose one or — (unless it's in flavor text).
  • I'm using design to finalize a few things.
  • I plan to finalize it in a set similar to the commander deck seres.
  • Hey, has anyone been successful with uploading images from mtg.design to untap.in? I'm having troubles.
  • @MonkeyPirate2002 I just tried it out and it isn't working for me either. It gives an error reading "No image file detected at [address]".
  • Hey, I was wondering if I could use these mana rocks for my deck. Here's an example of one:

P.S. I have no intention of using any other cards with entrap.
  • edited June 2019
    Also, I was able to figure out a successful, if super blurry, way to add cards to the database from mtg.design. I just used DeviantArt in order to make the card appear on the internet.

Edit: I tried Imgur too, and it seems to work better.
  • I was wondering, could I edit my commander a bit? I feel like its triggered ability should be cheaper for what it does.
  • edited June 2019
    Here's a link to the set of cards I'm thinking of using:
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/account/sets/42931

I'll update it when I make new cards.
  • @MonkeyPirate2002 I feel as though you could probably edit the commander to make it better because it currently needs a load of mana to do anything much. On the other hand, be careful with that final mode.
  • O_O

I didn’t realize his third ability could go infinite.

Revised version: https://mtg.design/i/twos99
This discussion has been closed.