Lets Get to Know People!

Comments

• People tend to not like me in real life when they really know me.
  • @sorinjace JESUS KRISTy that is a lot of bands. ive only seen Michael Franti, Imagine Dragons(Twice), and twenty one pilots. (The only one i really like out of those three is 21 pilots lol.) but i will check out some of those bands. im always open to new things.

@Red_Tower i like to read alot including: Wings of Fire, Skullduggery Pleasant, Goosebumps(Childish, i know), Scythe, Fable Haven and pretty much what ever catches my eye. i like fantasy and horror. if you have any suggestions plz tell me.
  • @Daedalus_The_All_Father hey you seem depressed and that isnt good. lets be friends :)
  • also here are some links to some songs i really like::

also also does anybody have advise for getting over a breakup? its kinda painful.
  • @GrandRhino No, I'm not depressed. I just have a really objective view on life most of the time. That combined with my "dark and twisted" sense of humor just makes people uncomfortable or just straight up not like me.

Edit: But sure, let's be friends.
  • edited June 2019
    @Daedalus_The_All_Father yay! so what type of stuff do you like?
  • edited June 2019
    @GrandRhino two YA modern fantasy series I enjoy are the Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer and The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series by Michael Scott. If you're up for a bit of sci-fi mystery, one of my favorite books is The Demolished Man by Alfred Bester. It's a significantly older book, but really imaginative. Another great YA fantasy series is the Ranger's Apprentice by John Flanagan.

Also how is Scythe? I borrowed it from my girlfriend but haven't started reading it yet.
  • @GrandRhino I read a lot. I think I am actually nearing about 400 books in my room if I haven't already surpassed 400. The last time I counted was a couple years ago and I already had about 280 books and I've gotten a lot more. I also watch tv and movies, though not as much as I read. I'm currently watching Blacklist though I'm almost finished with what's on Netflix. After I have finished it I'm going to watch the latest seasons Arrow, Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, and Supergirl. I need to catch up on Supernatural too. After those I'll probably watch Gotham, Agents of Shield, Lucifer, Shooter, Quantico, and some other shows but not necessarily in that order.
  • @Red_Tower hey dude thanks for all the suggestions. bro scythe is really really good but its also kind of disturbing if you dont like to read about people dying. you should read and we can talk about it.
  • @Daedalus_The_All_Father dang dude you read alot! i like watching netflix too. my family has netflix, hulu, hbo now, and amazon prime video. yep, all of them. i think you should check out one punch man on netflix. its an animie, and its really good.
  • @Red_Tower I loved the Ranger's Apprentice series. It's been a while since I read them but there was a period where I read them about ten times in a row. I've also been meaning to give the Artemis Fowl series another chance, my brother raved about them and gave me the first book (it was the only one he actually owned) and I tried to read it but couldn't get into it. Do you read a lot of books with magic and stuff? If so then I think you would like the Falling Kingdoms series by Morgan Rhodes, The Young Elites series by Marie Lu, and the Seven Realms series by Cinda Williams Chima. I also recommend the Pathfinder trilogy by Orson Scott Card but, as a general warning, it's about time travel so it can be incredibly difficult to follow. It's amazing but involved and not to be read lightly.
  • DUDES I AM SO HAPPY I JUST BEAT
    ALL THE CUPHEAD BOSSES ON INKWELL ISLE 1!!!
  • @GrandRhino I forgot to mention, I watch anime too. I have also already seen One Punch Man, I haven't seen the second season yet but going to get to it eventually. As for the books and stuff, I don't really read too much more than the rest of my family. Well, not much more than my mom, dad, or step mom. As you can probably tell, I generally have a lot of time on my hands.
  • @Daedalus_The_All_Father The second season of one punch man is on hulu
  • @Daedalus_The_All_Father Thanks for the suggestions! Artemis Fowl is a bit wonky at times, but it's got a lot of character to it. I'm also way behind on the Ranger's Apprentice books, but I've heard pretty good things about where they went in the end.
    Orson Scott Card is an author that I have a complicated relationship with. I love Ender's Game, and enjoyed what I continued reading of that series, but as a public figure I'm very at odds with him (I'll leave you to explore his political and religious views if you care to).
  • @GrandRhino I'll get to it eventually. I tend to go through phases. I will watch nothing but live action shows (like Blacklist, Criminal Minds, etc...) then I will get bored of them and switch to anime. I still watch anime as they come out on the weekly basis when I watch live action shows but I don't generally add anything to what I'm already watching. Currently the list consists of Black Clover, Isekai Quartet, Rising of the Shield Hero, Magi's Grandson, Mob Psycho 100 season 2, Fruits Basket 2019, Fairy Tail season 3, Boruto (though I may stop watching this, it's not as good as Naruto or Naruto Shippuuden), Attack on Titan season 3 part 2, and Fairy Gone. I don't have a specific genre I like more than any other and I'll watch just about any genre. It's a bit uncommon for guys to watch things like Fruits Basket but I liked the original series so why wouldn't I watch the revamped one?
  • @Red_Tower Yeah, his views aren't ones I align with in anyway but I don't let those get to me and make me hate books and such. While I won't be reading any books he puts out now, I already have some of his books and will keep reading and rereading the ones I already have.

Edit: After all, I paid for them so I am going to use them.
  • That's generally my stance as well. I've only ever bought used copies of his books, and I've avoided reading any of his other work.
  • @GrandRhino I'm sorry, I accidentally lied to you. I asked and it turns out I read a lot more than anyone else in my family. Like, at least 10 times more than the second biggest reader. That's not an exaggeration either.
  • edited June 2019
    I like demons
  • ALL HAIL SQUIRRELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ummmmm wtf
  • edited June 2019
    ALL HAIL SQUIRRELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AKA Corwinnn
  • ALL HAIL SQUIRRELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Damn, was expecting to see @Corwinnn here with all this squirrel talk.
  • edited June 2019
    @sorinjace - I saw American Head Charge in San Francisco right after Brian Ottoson died. One of the guitarists from Life of Agony did double duty so they could finish the tour... they were on tour with Mudvayne and despite missing Brian, they sounded phenomenal!
  • umm ok i guess ALL HAIL SQUIRRELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • @Corwinnn, was Brian American Head Charge's keyboardist? Because I have a story for ya:

Chimaira came through Toledo shortly after playing with Slayer and this is a band with a lot of energy. So every time they come through, I will go out and say hi to they guys, especially to Mark their vocalist. When I went out that day (I don't remember who all played besides Chimaira, sorry!) To do my usual "Hey Mark, do you remember me?" to which he'd reply' "Of course, Corey, your at every show we have in Toledo." (Idk how that started to be honest.) Well I didn't do that on that occasion, Mark looked really exhausted. I mean, EXHAUSTED. So instead of doing our usual speal, I asked him "Mark, are you ok?" He looks up at me and says "You know your the only one who's asked me how I'm doing?" I shrugged. He said, "do you know who American Head Charge is?" I said "Yeah, they toured with my cousin's friends band, Lollipop Lust Kill and Coal Chamber not too long ago" (this is quoted butthis was back in the mid to late 2000's) Mark says, "One of my best friends in the band I just found out died on the tour bus." He looked really sad. He said, "promise me that you'll get your friends to mosh tonight like they never moshed for Chimaira before, but also for American Head Charge and my friend." I promised him. Later on, chimaira thanked toledo called toledo 2nd home to chimaira told the crowd the story, and that mosh that night was so darn emotional and hardcore.
  • edited June 2019
    Oof.