Alterscape (Looking for Collaborators)

edited July 2019 in Custom Card Sets
I've already worked with a small number of cardsmiths on the community Discord and have decided to expand this project to the Forums.

The Alterscape is an alternate reality plane where legends from multiple other planes collide, though never as their original selves (a la some of the legends present in Planar Chaos who were from different timelines/experienced different events). As such, I'm announcing that I'm open to collaborating with willing cardsmiths to create "Alters" of legendary creatures you've made (excluding versions of creatures that already exist - for example Omnath).

Prerequisites :
- A legendary creature for me to work with. Currently I'm not accepting anything that is noncreature, nonlegendary, or is a planeswalker. Once I flesh out Alterscape enough, I'll move onto altered nonlegendary permanents, legendary spells, and planeswalkers, but those are something I'm not looking to "alter" for the time being.
Edit : I'm not looking to alter characters from epics, history, media, or mythology. I am looking forward squarely to working with others to alter their own original characters. So I'm afraid I can't work on alters of King George V or Zeus, or Superman.

- Some flavor/backstory so I can have some sense of what I can work with. For example, if I can grasp that your creature is originally a famed knight, I can work with that - maybe in the Alterscape they are a devious ruler or experienced mercenary who employs their swordsmanship for a living. I don't need a lot of details, but the more the merrier.

- Some kind of instant messaging service. For most people, this will be the Forum PMs but it will be easier if you are on the community Disqus, since I rarely visit the Forums. (Though I suspect I will be using it more now that I've started this project.)
Community Discord : https://discord.gg/qEzDFdm

- Lastly, I need participation from you, the collaborator. This is not a card I'm making, it is a card we are making. I need you to make sure I'm on the right track and capturing the flavor appropriately. I need feedback and constructive criticism if you have any, because I want to capture the reflavored version of your card the best that I can.

Comments

• Some samples :
    imageimage
    imageimage
    image image
    image image
  • Since I think this is cool conceptually and want people to see it, bump in the form of a Fun fact: Mikaeus of the plane of Innistrad is an actual WotC example of this.
  • If no one else ends up biting and you care to work with me again, I'd be happy to.
  • Well. Since this is only custom cards, myself would like to help if possible!
  • edited July 2019
    The parallel has been shifted and this comment has been moved to an alternate multiverse.
  • edited July 2019
    same here.
  • You can also find several examples of this kind of shifting in legendary creatures between Lorwyn and Shadowmoor. I'm interested, so I'll put some stuff together later.
  • edited July 2019
    The parallel has also shifted this comment.
  • edited July 2019
    @KorandAngels
    I think you're missing the point of this discussion with your newest comment. I want to work with others to make alters of their cards, not just have people make alters of their own legends and post them here. This isn't a challenge or contest, it's a discussion for a set that is focused on me collaborating with others. (emphasis mine)
  • edited July 2019
    @Bowler218
    Methinks you also missed the point.

@Corwinnn Could you close this thread for the time being? I might have to relegate this to the Discord server because it looks like some people are getting confused, and more will get confused at this rate.

This section is bolded and in all caps for those who are interested.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROJECT, PM ME OR TALK TO ME ON THE COMMUNITY DISCORD SERVER.
  • NO, I never understood from the beginning.
  • edited July 2019
    @KorandAngels
    Clearly not because in our conversation I said that I was in the middle of working with others, and then you commented without PMing once after you acknowledged I was working with multiple other cardsmiths first. If you were confused at all, you could have at the very least PMed me to clear any misunderstandings you had.

The second paragraph clearly states the following :
    "As such, I'm announcing that I'm open to collaborating..."

That very obviously doesn’t mean Hey, I’m going to post the original version of my own card and then post my own alter of it on the discussion or that you should just post a card with no context, because then I have nothing to go on.
  • edited July 2019
    I would like to not be involved anymore.
    I think in complicated discussions like this you should post the rules BEFORE the story.
  • Closed, until further notice
This discussion has been closed.