Album cards contest

2»

Comments

• I am sorry, I just forgot about Cardsmith, and just remembered today.
  • edited August 2019
    I guess the contest is closed but I'll submit my entries anyways.
    Pure Heroine Part I

• I mean is this still open cuz ive wanted to do this for a while.
  • The contest isn't closed yet, but will probably end by the end of the month, so submit it quickly
  • Pepperoni, you need to finish the album, in order for it to count. You didn't say, but that appears to be Pure Heroine by Lorde. You can finish it on a later post though, as long as it's before I judge and close the contest. Also everybody, I might start a second round on another forum once I judge this first one, although it will be hard with school starting soon.
  • I will finish It later.
  • edited August 2019
    Pure Heroine, part II:

• Okay I'm getting to work on the album Simulation Theory
  • @jpastor I haven't heard any of Muse's newer songs. Wow, Muse! Didn't they make the song Knights of Cydonia? Thats bout the last time I heard anything from them tbh.
  • edited August 2019
    @urtar370 I'm curious as to if you listened to all these artists people made cards of, including what I submitted, and what you thought of all those songs.

A friend of mine knows the drummers mom of Twenty One Pilots. I guess TOP is from Columbus Ohio? A lot of great music has come from Ohio...

Twenty One Pilots
    The Devil Wears Prada
    Woe Of Tyrants
    Skeletonwitch
    Marilyn Manson (brian was born in Ohio)
    Nine Inch Nails (this one shocked me, but apparently they was in Cleveland, Ohio)
    Lollipop Lust Kill (Toledo, Ohio my hometown)
    Premonitions of War (also Toledo)
    Dave Grohl is from Warren, Ohio (Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Them Crooked Vultures are bands he played in)
    Scott Shriner, bassist of Weezer, is from Toledo
    Black Veil Brides
    Mushroomhead
    Chimaira
    Sw1tched
    Monkeynut
    Kids From Krypton
    Onceover
    Northern Shores
    Settle the Sky
    Hammer Horde
    Beefcake (Todd I can't remember his last name) is from Toledo, Ohio. He was in Gwar, now currently in his own band, Mobile Deathcamp
    Steven Adler and Gilby Clarke of Guns 'N Roses are from Cleveland
    Scott Weiland was from the suburban areas around Cleveland too (can't remember where at exactly) he was in Stone Temple Pilots

I'm garaunteeing there is more I'm missing. But yeah Ohio has some cool music and musicians!
  • @sorinjace

There's a reason the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is in Cleveland.
  • edited August 2019
    @Arceus8523 Canton, Ohio is home to the football hall of fame as well for a reason. (For all of you nonsports fans, football originated in Canton, Ohio. I'm not a Cleveland Browns fan, but the Browns are responsible for many teams existing in the NFL.)
  • I just found this thread, I plan on doing an album. Please give me a few days.
  • One more card to make then i will submit
  • Album: Simulation Theory | Artist: Muse
    Explanation - Almost every song on the album has a second version also on the album. So most cards have a flip, transform, or alternate side. Posted side by side

Algorithm | Algorithm (Alternate Reality Version)
    image | image

Dark Side | Dark Side (Alternate Reality Version)
    image | image

Pressure | Pressure (feat. UCLA Marching Band)
    image | image

Propoganda | Propoganda (Acoustic Version)
    image | image

Break it to Me | Break it to Me (Sam de Jong Remix)
    image | image

Something Human | Something Human (Acoustic Version)
    image | image

Thought Contagion

Get Up and Fight

Blockades

Dig Down | Dig Down (Acoustic Gospel Version)
    image | image

The Void | The Void (Acoustic Version)
    image | image
  • edited August 2019
    So the Album I picked was Evisceration Plague from Cannibal Corpse.

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

• Ram speed! *BAM*
  • (this has been gone to long for a bump)
  • I am so sorry, I have been gone for more than two months. I have had to focus on schoolwork and forgot about Cardsmith. Because I have been gone, I will give you guys a while before I judge. I still haven't listened to all the albums, but I listened to the Daft Punk, Imagine Dragons, and Hopesfall albums, but that was a while ago so I need to give them another listen. Thanks everyone for your patience. I will say though, I am about to have a very hard main lesson block, which starts next week, but I will try to focus on this.
    Sorinjace, that's so cool! I used to be a huge TOP fan, but I got kinda sick of their music, aside from Regional At Best. Expect a few more months before I judge, and I will probably do a second round after this since this contest has been more popular than I ever imagined.
  • I really liked the albums I listened to, still haven't listened to most of them yet.
  • I really am sorry for being gone for so long, and leaving you guys waiting.
  • edited October 2019
    Remind me to enter this. Heck. Maybe if you want to you can extend it if it's convenient.

*this isn't a mooch or anything! B-Baka!*
  • I'll be free for two hours and need a way to pass time.

I shall pick my poison and get started!
  • edited October 2019
    My choice seems to be obvious at this moment.

Seal the Deal & Let's Boogie by Volbeat

This could be weird... one of the cards, like the song it will be based on, will literally based on a real practitioner of voodoo... I don't like the thought of researching that, but hey. Maybe I might learn something interesting.
  • edited October 2019
    And apparently... a god as well

(oh boy...)
  • I keep forgetting about this forum. I'm sorry. Life has been really busy, and so I constantly forget about this. I would like this forum to become live again. I still haven't listened to most of the albums yet.
This discussion has been closed.