Playing With Fire [Cardsmith Party!]

Comments

• I actually was going to volunteer to take it

• Also, did Bowler218's Mercy Roll trigger?
  • @Tommia
    Chaos Result:https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/temporary-restraints
    Spirit Animal: https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/luminor
    And...[Channeling successful]
    *picks up d10 in mouth* *places it at @HeroKP 's feet* *turns to @Tommia * Telepathic communique: "That was no good to eat. Give me something juicy to sink my teeth into. I've been a good boy."
    [End channeling]
  • edited August 2019
    @DrakeGladis are you a dog?
  • I big goofed. Technically the chaos should of been a reroll... but as a trade off I’ll make Bowler immune.

@DrakeGladis You may now resume your previous challenge- well then.

You rolled a 3. Unlucky Roll...

Play Hard (Negative) - You will receive a hard challenge with no additional reward. You must complete this challenge. You cannot pass it or replace it

Your HARD Challenge: Create a creature with three instances of exalted. It must be balanced.

@HeroKP The die is yours. Don’t drop it.

Your CHAOS challenge: Create a Legendary Monk creature named “Nameno the Windswept”. It must have at least two non-evergreen mechanics and at least three lines of rules text.

@KorandAngels

Your Challenge: Create a card that’s not unglued with the letters “Oof” in order
  • Can I use a booster pack?
  • @KorandAngels Sure thing!

Your NEW challenge: Create an instant or sorcery with 4 or less words of rules text. (This does not include reminder text or flavor text. Make sure to use proper syntax on this challenge in particular)
  • When this creature attacks alone it gets... sort of thing?
  • edited August 2019
    @DrakeGladis

Exalted (Whenever a creature you control attacks alone, that creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.)

Here’s how it would appear on the card

Exalted, exalted, exalted (Whenever a creature you control attacks alone, that creature gets +3/+3 until end of turn.)
  • How about Exalted 3?
  • Shouldn't be that hard...
  • @Tommia , I'll throw my hat in the ring.
  • edited August 2019
    Done!
    Can I have another?
  • @DrakeGladis Honestly I’m surprised MTG hasn’t done that yet
  • @Mantis17 *catches*

Your challenge: Create a card with feast in its name.

@KorandAngels let’s hope this roll is better... and it’s a 10. Better luck next time! (Please don’t blame my rolling skills. I use RANDOM.org for this.)

You challenge - Mercy! (You completed two challenges in a row without receiving a prize. This one has a guaranteed prize.)

Make any card that is capable of copying itself.
  • But... Didn't I already do that?
  • @KorandAngels It wasn’t the challenge, so technically no. You just can't submit the same card twice.
  • @Tommia may I have another?
  • edited August 2019
    @Mantis17 Oops!

You rolled a 17. You get a Birthday Present! (But it’s not even your birthday? Uncommon, Activated): Give this to a player. Both you and that player receive a rare prize.

Your new challenge:
    Make a card that exerts or can exert a creature but no matter what the card is, it cannot exert itself.
  • https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/calling-of-valkyries

It was my birthday on the 17th, so I guess this is just a late present. I'll give it to @KorandAngels , given I made an angel card.

Another?
  • edited August 2019
    @Mantis17 @KorandAngels *insert loud, obnoxious kazoo noise here*

Surprise! Both of you got Battlebond (Rare, Static, lasts until the end of this deadline): Any positive effects of one of your prizes will affect the other player, and if one player wins this deadline, both receive a prize!

@Mantis17 Well, what a coincidence! Rolled a 17 and you got a birthday present. Happy belated birthday!

You rolled a 16. Well... You got a Slightly Suspicious Die #3 (Uncommon, lasts until the next time you roll a 3): When you roll a three, you lose Slightly Suspicious Die #3 and the die is automatically rerolled.

Your new challenge: Create a creature with Passing Gift [Cost] (You may cast this spell as though it had flash. If you do, it becomes an instant that isn't a creature. Change its text by removing all instances of "When [this creature] enters the battlefield".)

Example:

Hasty Boy 3r

Creature - Elemental 2/1

Passing Gift 1r

When Hasty Boy enters the battlefield, creatures you control gain haste until end of turn.
  • And with that, I'm off to bed. Guten nacht!
  • @KorandAngels They need company. *commence populate*

You rolled an 11. You get Protecc Catt (Common, Triggered): The next time one of your entries would become damaged, prevent that damage. You lose Protecc Catt.

Your new challenge:

Mark Rosewater invented something called the Storm Scale, which rates mechanics, among other things, for their likelihood to make a return (or ever be used in the first place). Make a card utilizing anything with a storm rating of 8 or higher. (Click Storm Scale to go right to the Gamepedia Page)
    Phyrexian mana is rated eight.
  • https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/courage-wolf-1
    You didn't say it had to be serious, just balanced. I think I did a good job.
    Now, I'm going to let you off with a warning this time. If you are going to try for one, at least make me try as well.
  • @KorandAngels I wonder if it’ll make a comeback soon...

You rolled a 13. You get a Cookie (Common, Activated): Use this to restore two health to a damaged entry you own. (You cannot use this to save an entry from lethal damage.)

Your new challenge: Create a card that depends entirely on luck.

@DrakeGladis Fair enough.

You rolled a 14... this is getting weird.

You got a Skeleton Leg (Common, Part): When you would receive a prize, you may instead opt to receive another bone in the rarity you rolled. Once you have all of the bones, you’ll get a Mythic Prize! (Parts Remaining: 5 common, 3 uncommon, 1 rare, 1 mythic)

Your new challenge: Create a Civilian Creature (a regular person, nothing special about them). Give them at least one line of rules text, excluding keywords.
This discussion has been closed.