Post your cards here. Actually see what others think.

Comments

• @Servillius, I think you forgot the Aura subtype and the Enchant Creature clause. If not, it should be worded as "If an enchanted creature..."

Thoughts?
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/pretenders-deviant
  • @Temurzoa - Methinks the win condition is too easily achieved in a deck with many WUBRG cards, but I like the idea and how the artwork fits the theme.

Here is mine. Don't skip me this time, just like you did with Hellrain Dragon:

• @TenebrisNemo - The cost and P/T are a good match. I think the wording of the first non-keyword ability is kind of clunky. Nice way of showing how long bees last though. Overall, pretty nice card.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/rey-vaan-ready-to-explore?list=set&set=45196
    What have you to say about this?
  • @Revan in Rey Vaan’s activated ability I see a few small problems:

1. Normally, the order of mana symbols is WUBRG.
    2. After the 4ug, there should be a comma.

Besides that, it’s a cool card with a cool concept!

Next up:
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/sunstrike-1
  • @shadow123 - The cost to power of the card is pretty good. Word formatting is nice and easy to understand. Pretty solid defense card. One question; why legendary. I don't think that fits. Good card though.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/corrupt-beaurocrat

Aight next card.
  • edited August 2019
    @Revan - Methinks the abilities should be put someway like this so that they would be in proper and current MTG language:

Whenever an opponent casts a noncreature spell, counter that spell unless they pay {2}. If they do, create two Treasure tokens. (They're artifacts with "{t}: Sacrifice this artifact: Add one mana of any color.")

Whenever a spell or ability you control counters a spell, create a Treasure token.

I think that WB are not the correct colors for that card. Perhaps you should change B to U, since the card likes about countering stuff and to tithe treasures.

Alright, here is another one from me:

Edit: Nerfed the card a bit so it would be more balanced. (Special thanks to @sorinjace!)
  • @TenebrisNemo I really love the card. I wanna call it like a double Tribal, but that kind of defeats the purpose of tribal huh? Overall it's got a very innovative ability. Using Squirrels to make faeries. Using faeries to give counters if not blocked. So the opponent ultimately has to decide "Do i want more faeries on his field, or bigger squirrels?"

I give it a 9.99 (rounded up of course) / 10.

Here is another of mine:

• @Revan Thanks for the feedback! I’m making that card as almost a signature move of a character I created.
  • @Norazel
    Well for starters, it's a Hydra, and I frigin love hydras. I would maybe suggest lowering it to a 5/5, for balance purposes. Interesting choice making it a four color hydra. Otherwise, pretty cool card.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/the-end-36

How about this monster of a card. I think it's good. Tell me if it's too OP.
  • It's been a while since I created a card, but I really wanted to make a Demon commander that I felt could really boost the desirability of a Demon tribal deck, while having a kind of mechanic similar to Rakdos Lord of Riots to prevent him from being able to drop too quickly. Also wanted his abilities all to synergize with each other. You want to get your life down, demons can help with that two fold. They're already known for high Mana costs, so paying twice their cmc in life will help you accomplish the casting goal of your commander, and most demons have abilities that can decrease your life, also building to dropping your commander. Once you have cast him, if you can keep him, he can help you stay alive with his ability to reverse the demon payments, but it will also make it a chore to get him back out should he be sent back to the command zone

• Ahhhh. I been skipped!
  • @Revan

Like the idea of The End, fitting name for what it does. Some wording and grammar to be corrected, but it's very fitting for the name. Could see it as a sort of start over Ina commander game where you're obviously not doing well. Drop the end, sac it (which is not hard at all with black) then boom, even playing field (figuratively and literally)
  • @Valoth
    Thanks. What was the grammar?
  • @Revan

Maybe spelling would've been a more appropriate word. Losses should be loses
    As far as wording goes, you could save some space and make a more concise explanation of ability or more WOTC wording by saying

Whenever a card would be put into a graveyard, it is
    exiled instead.
    When The End dies, exile it. Then exile all cards from the battlefield, all graveyards, and each players hands.
    At the beginning of each turn, each player
    loses 1 life and exiles a card from their hand, graveyard, and the top card of their library.
  • edited August 2019
    @Valoth Mephistopheles is pretty powerful. Once it’s on the battlefield, instead of paying a demon’s mana cost, you can gain life equal to twice its mana cost. That is insanely powerful. Anyways, there are a few errors on the card. For the eminence ability, it should say:

As long as Mephistopheles is in the command zone or on the battlefield, (effect).

There is also a capitalization error and a forgotten space.

All of that set aside, the idea behind the card is pretty cool! Keep up the great work!

Next up:

I wasn’t sure what to think of this card’s power level.

• @shadow123
    Pretty solid card you've got here. I think the cost is appropriate in relation to the abilities. Art is is also pretty dope. Love what your doing.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/the-buddha

This is a card I had an idea for a while ago, but couldn't find any suitable art. Now it's here, with some freaking cool art, if I do say so myself.
  • It doesn't fewl very G/U but more G/B to me

How can I clean this up:
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/jakul-shadow-assassin
  • edited September 2019
    @Bowler218
    i would make the active just cost 1W, and put a space bwtween the abilities for formatting over all i like the idea, i just feel with the stacking cost just makes it too complex to be fun but to have a flat cost even 2 would make it ezer for the owner to plan and make cool plays and still be balanced.

here is mine.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/polly-the-polymorphologist
  • edited September 2019
    @LilPi I think it is really cool! I faved your card. Keep up the awesome work!

Next up:

I know strive has only been used on instant and sorcery cards, but is this okay?

• edited September 2019
    @shadow123 - Though your card looks awesome for a common, strive doesn't work for permanent cards, because the game doesn't track what the targets were when the spell resolves and becomes a permanent.

Here's a new one from me:

Based on a musical and its theme song of the same name: The Phantom of the Opera.
  • @TenebrisNemo I like it a lot! It’s very, very flavorful.

Next up:

Two questions:

1. Is this wording correct?
    2. Is this card balanced?

• @shadow123
    1. The wording is good, I don't see anything wrong with it other than the capitalization on proliferate (lower-case p).
    2. Unfortunately proliferate is better than it seems, and 3 mana + tap just to proliferate is decent, even without the plants. This card isn't extremely overpowered, but I think you could replace the proliferate with just putting aother counter on just it.
    3. Other than that, I think the flavor is fantastic and the card is well designed. Good job!

• @SteampunkDragon, Strive should go before the ability, and it should be "This spell costs..." Otherwise I love the unique design space opened by this card!

Thoughts?
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/storm-savant
  • @Temurzoa - Echoing @Tomigon, methinks strive doesn't work for permanent cards, because the game doesn't track what the targets were when the spell resolves and becomes a permanent.

I would like to know your thoughts especially about this one:

Based on two songs from The Phantom of the Opera musical: Masquerade & Masquerade/Why So Silent
  • @TenebrisNemo Oh my. Just.. Oh my. The card is beautiful. I personally am a fan of chaotic messes like this. And given the name of the card it has great flavor and synergy. I'd personally want to find ways to return it to my hand over and over so i could have more fun with it. Overall it's a great card, bravo!

Here's one for you all. This was a creation for a project my friend group and I are working on. We each create a card of each type, and if we all approve them we can use them in our casual games. So I wanted some 3rd party opinion too, let me know what you think. :)

• edited September 2019
    @Norazel

Pretty solid card you've got here. I can definitely see this in a Control deck. Wondering why you Enchantment Artifact instead of one of either of those. Nice work.

Here is the next card. I've been wanting to make a version of him for a long time, but couldn't think of any good abilities for him... Until now.

• And I finally figured out how to do that. First actually visible picture from Revan.
  • @Revan ... well, that's... a lot. In a good way. Still, I think the intended version is a little too good (could work fantastically with just a few changes). However, I'll be focusing on a couple other things:
    - Color names aren't capitalized (blue, not Blue.)
    - Lands aren't colored, so this card just makes 0/0s. You'd probably want to change it to the number of Swamps or Islands or Mountains, and all that. It should also only make one Demon per turn.

• @SteampunkDragon - The card seems like it has an overly complicated deathtouch, and it also feels quite underpowered. Also, a legendary creature deserves a legendary frame.

Here's mine:

Based on a fiery song from The Phantom of the Opera musical: The Point of No Return.