Plane Ripped

Comments

When the Awakeners' sacrifices deliver themselves to Telbos, their blood becomes a golden sort of Ichor, the blood of gods, and is used to feed him until he has enough Ichor to finally awaken. But there are other uses for the incredibly powerful and potent Ichor -- namely to power uncommonly powerful spells, as long as Ichor is consumed along with mana.

As the orcs attack, Othei, seeing this as an early test, easily creates a circle of Ichor on the ground, and just as the orcs arrive to him, he sets it alight in a blaze of glory, the souls of his many sacrifices fueling a raging wildfire that sends his regiment to fine dust. All the while Othei feeds on the Ichor, breathing it in and gathering more from the fallen orcs, replenishing himself as his enemies fall into desperate chaos.
  • Nice. Waiting on one more card I believe. @KorandAngels I think.
  • I. Am. Not. Good. At. Combat.
  • @KorandAngels, so make something that takes you out of combat...
  • @KorandAngels, you could make a card that prevents you from taking damage. Really, anything card wise at this point so we can move the contest along.
  • I CANNOT DO THAT.
  • 1. Right now I am on holiday in a house without a computer.
    2. Art for non-creature spells are impossible.
  • Oh. Is it ok if I judge the current round of cards and proceed to the next phase?
  • edited October 2019
    PRIZES

Revan's pick goes to @CnBCustoms with Charged Aether Blast. I love the Flavor text. CnB, you get 3 Faves.

Best art belongs to @SteampunkDragon with Bloodfire Boundary. You get 2 Faves.

Most well balanced is @Termite1with Binding Maneuver. You get 2 Faves.

3rd is @SpellPiper2213 with Call the Specters. You get 2 Faves.

2nd goes to @Spookoops with Snowbloods Ferocity. You get 3 Faves.

And in First is @Tommia with Send off the Meek. You get 4 Faves.
  • PHASE 3

The last orc lands with a thud on the forest path. Othei begins gathering samples of their blood as the other party members gather around the newcomer.

"...And suddenly, I was falling through the air. I though I was done for," Krelis explains, gesturing with his hands, "Then there was a blinding flash of light, and I was lying on here on this, what did you call it? Grass, yes. Lying on this grass, and one of those abominations came running at me." Alabaster Shakes his head.

"You got lucky. Normally, there are more orcs than what we encountered roaming around together. They tend to move around in large numbers."

"Then maybe this was an advance search party," Valerius says, pointing to the dead bodies, "If so, we need to move, and fast." Ratch nods his head.

"I agree, the farther we are from here, the better."

"Finding a town would be ideal," states Vendris. White Fang raises her hand.

"I saw signs of a river that way," she says, pointing north, out of the woods. Zukko rumbles an affirmation.

"Then its decided. We head north and follow the river till we find a town. Alabaster, Krelis, Nek Nek, you act as scouts. Inform us of any changes or possible problems." Krelis and Alabaster nod, and head north, with nek Nek riding Krelis's shoulder. They give them 2 minutes, then the rest of the party heads out. As the do, Loofa turns to see Othei rising from the last orc.

"You coming?" She asks. Othei just stares at her.

"The Lord of Darkness must have all available strength," he whispers, "Gathering the Ichor is essential." He puts the vial in a satchel on his belt and begins walking towards the others. Loofa rolls her eyes.

"What ever creep."
  • edited October 2019

Your goal this phase is to create a card that represents a journey. Your card may an be instant, sorcery or enchantment of any color and rarity. No cmc limit.
  • y u no mention me?

Rather than just outright make a card with some journey-esque mechanic, I opted for simply invoking the feeling of a journey with the flavor
  • That's fine. It works for me
  • Also, I'm finding this thing to be so much fun. So fun in fact, that I started writing a story. Inspiration comes in many forms. You guys okay with your characters being in it? If not, I can change names and stuff.
  • A wandering mind for your viewing pleasure:

Vendris often finds himself lost in thought, so of course he would do so during his travels. More of a metaphorical journey, I suppose.

And some favorites:
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/ilka-callous-conductor
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/boastful-challenger
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/nia-alpine-surveyor

And finally, I'm personally fine with you using Vendris. As long as I can read what you've written when it's done, that is.
  • edited October 2019
    @CnBCustoms of course, I'd be glad to let you read it. Don't know when it will be finished though, seeing as college doesn't allow for a lot of free time.
  • @CnBCustoms you in college? Where?
  • @CnBCustoms where is that? I'm at Otterbein
  • edited October 2019

Honestly, I'm not picky, and I don't want to force anything on you, so you can fave whatever you like most... check out my sets.
  • @Revan It's in Oregon. It's a pretty nice liberal arts school that also has a college of law and business school.
  • @CnBCustoms Aight. Otterbein is a liberal arts school in central Ohio. They have a pretty decent nursing school and a great music program.
This discussion has been closed.