Mechanix Challenge - 41 - *Circuit Challenge*

84 years ago, Corwinnn, MrRansom, AustinSmith and Tomigon started a project called TheMechanix.; Now, its secret is revealed. It is where we organize all custom keyword mechanics posted to ; Mechanic Encyclopedia for ALL.

For Mechanix Challenge - 41
We would like you to choose a custom keyword mechanic from THIS SET: https://mtgcardsmith.com/user/TheMechanix/sets/44650
and make an incredible card that uses it.

In MC-41, the focus is on Static & Triggered Keywords
This challenge features mechanics from @Battlesocke, @Dechujoh64, @Jarnefeldt, @Kickash, @sorinjace, @Lastjustice, @Ranshi922, @FangQuil, @fiskerton, @DeepSky, @pjbear2005, @Megalomalice & @saveria201

CRITERIA
Presentation, art selection, templating, spelling, balance, creativity and flavor.

Limit of 15 entries max per person.
Deadline: 10/19/19
*Top 3 winners will get a super amazing -TROPHY-; and added to -HALL OF FAME- !

In Addition...
First Place = 1 Circuit Point
Second Place = 3/4 Circuit Point
Third Place = 1/2 Circuit Point
Honorable Mentions = 1/4 Circuit Point

#MechanixChallenge

Comments

• edited October 2019
    Fury by Battlesocke
    Fury (This spell costs {x} less to cast, where X is the total life lost by a player during combat this turn.)

_____ Slayer by Lastjustice & Dechujoh64
    'creature type' slayer (If this creature would deal damage to a 'creature type' creature, it deals double that damage to that creature instead.)

Enlightened by Jarnefeldt
    Enlightened (This creature can't be the target of spells or abilities as long as it is tapped.)

Splendid by Kickash
    Splendid N (This creature enters the battlefield with N +1/+1 counters on it. Whenever you draw a card, you may move a +1/+1 counter from it onto another creature you control.)

"Halted" by sorinjace
    Halted (Whenever this creature becomes tapped, at the beginning of the next combat step, tap target creature you don't control.)

Resist by Lastjustice
    Resist 'color' (This creature can't be dealt damage by anything 'color')
    NAME IDEAS: Immunity to 'color'

Mighty by Kickash
    Mighty N (This creature enters the battlefield with N +1/+1 counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, if you gained life last turn, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature.)

Erode by Jarnefeldt
    Erode (This deals damage to creatures in the form of erosion counters. It gains "At the beginning of your end step, if this creature has five or more erosion counters on it, sacrifice it.")

Host by Ranshi922
    Host (This creature has all activated abilities of creatures with host counters on them.)

Materialize by FangQuil
    Materialize [Cost] (You may pay an additional [Cost] as you cast this spell. If you do, put it onto the battlefield as it resolves and it becomes a creature.)

Solidarity by fiskerton
    Solidarity (This creature gets +1/+1 for each other creature you control that shares a creature type with it.)

Jump-scare by DeepSky
    Jump-scare (You may cast this card from your graveyard as though it had flash by discarding a card with the same converted mana cost as this card in addition to paying its other costs.)

Revel by pjbear2005
    Revel (You may have this creature enter the battlefield tapped. If you do, put a +1/+1 counter on a legendary creature.)

Unseal by Megalomalice
    Unseal N (If this card would be exiled or put into a graveyard, instead exile it with N pact counters on it.)

Bloodletting N by saveria201
    Bloodletting N (If you lost N or more life this turn or if N or more creatures died this turn, this creature enters the battlefield with N +1/+1 counters on it.)
  • edited October 2019
    First submission. Finding a "splendid" hydra was no small task, since artists tend to make them as monstrous as possible.
    Second submission, with Mighty.
  • Using my version of Battlesocke's mechanic.

Original: Fury (This spell costs {x} less to cast, where X is the total life lost by a player during combat this turn.)

My version: Fury (This spell costs {x} less to cast, where X is the greatest amount of combat damage dealt by a creature to a player this turn.)

• edited October 2019
    Entry 1

Fury by Battlesocke

Entry 2

Slayer By Lastjustice

On side note, I think I came up with Slayer first as I was posting cards with it like 2 years ago. https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/dalla-fleet-devourer?list=set&set=15387 and https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/rashida-the-dragonslayer?list=set&set=31890. No biggie either way, just thought I'd mention it, as I'd credit myself for any cards with it that I make.

Entry 3

Original mechanic/ Enlightened by Jarnefeldt

Enlightened (This creature can't be the target of spells or abilities as long as it is tapped.)

Modified version by Lastjustice.

Formation (Whenever this creature and atleast two other creatures attack, creatures you control can't be the target of spells or abilities as long as it is tapped until your next turn.)

Entry 4

Jump-scare by DeepSky

Entry 5

Splendid by Kickash
  • edited October 2019

Entry 1: With Solidarity courtesy of Fiskerton
  • edited October 2019
    Revel Venerate by @pjbear2005:
    This works like Rythm of the Wild does?

Halted by @sorinjace
    Enlightened by @Jarnefeldt
  • edited October 2019

My first submission using Erode by @Jarnefeldt.
  • "Un-keyworded" Solidarity by fiskerton:
  • Caspan (above) was updated thanks to a great suggestion from @Amnorasmus!
  • Cloudwing Rider (above) updated with suggestions from @Faiths_Guide
  • Woah you added "Human" to Cloudwing? He just got a major bump :P
  • @Deeplight : added human, also removed the green coloring due to lack of green feel to the card, though it would hurt the idea of my cloudwing dragons being white|green in nature
  • Bloodletting by saveria201.
  • edited October 2019
    Here are a whole bunch of cards I’ve created so far for this. Feel free to provide comments and suggestions!

image image image image image image image

Entry 3, with Splendid by @Kikash
  • @Lastjustice
    I think I saw this comment and forgot to mention that original idea was yours.
    http://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/comment/106480/#Comment_106480
    Sorry about that!
  • @Tomigon No worries, I am just glad the concept was added to the mechanix regardless of how. I figure some ideas a common enough it wouldn't surprise me if several people included it on the list besides myself.

Jump Scare by @DeepSky
  • Here are my first 3 entries.

Including:

Host by Ranshi922

Unseal by Megalomalice

_____ Slayer by Dechujoh64

• edited October 2019
    Entry #1:

Enlightened by @Jarnefeldt

• Entry #2:

Materialize by @FangQuil

• edited October 2019
    Using my version of Lastjustice's mechanic.

Original: Resist "color" (This creature can't be dealt damage by anything "color".)

My version: Immunity to "color" (This creature can't be dealt damage by "color" sources.)

Thanks to @Memoryhead for helping me out.
  • My first entry. Materialize by @FangQuil

• Second entry. Slayer by @Lastjustice & @Dechujoh64

This is a little messy because most keyword abilities that could have a dynamic value are worded to put the chosen value after the keyword (ex: Protection from X, Affinity for X, Hexproof from X, etc), and there is no precedent for having a keyword "against" a particular type (ex: there is no "First strike against Goblins"). But I think it still makes sense here.
This discussion has been closed.