Stitia, Plane of 13 Deaths (RPG Style Saga/My First Saga)

Comments

• @Tommia

"You really don't know what happened, I can show you" *pulls Norana's Locket from her pocket*, "Touch it, you will see her last moments and judge"

Will he touch it?
  • @ElMagici As you hold out the locket, the mist finishes dissipating.

"I don't? What is there to know?" Bahn's hands don't even budge, the blade still pointed at you. "When a demon offers me an object at random, should I trust it? Probably not. I... don't believe you. That locket could destroy my soul the moment I touch it. What reason do I have to trust the sob story of a demon that ruined my ally? You turned her into a wretch, and you'll die for it!"

Bahn once again attacks, this time swinging his blade at you. You move, and barely avoid having your arm taken off by the massive sword. However, he is swift to strike again, and this time, the blade makes contact with your hand, slicing off one of your fingers. The chain of the locket is broken as it falls to the ground.

"Mastiffa!" Ana turns with violent eyes towards Bahn. "Now you've done it, Bahn!" Ana's hunger for flesh and blood can no longer be contained. In an uncontrollable fit of rage, she breaks out of her shackles and runs at him. "If you want to kill me so bad, let me see you do it!"

"Ana!" Argeaon swoops down to pursue her. Riken tries to pursue her as well.

Bahn's blade swiftly turns to attack Ana, but he hesitates. With his once perfect sword swing botched by his moment of hesitation, the sword falls out of his hand, giving Ana a moment to attack. None of her blessings are useful without the blade that bears them, and Ana's teeth sink into Bahn's neck as he's left defenseless, falling to the ground. He doesn't try to wrestle away. He gives up, grimacing as blood is drawn from his artery.

"So... this is how it ends... killed by the same one that blessed my sword..." He looks Ana in the eyes. "Perhaps... I had more enemies than mere demons and darkness... perhaps my enemy... was the world I lived in..." Bahn grows faint as his skin becomes pale. "I'm sorry, father. I couldn't live up to your name."

With his last breath, Bahn is drank completely dry. Ana turns towards you, and smiles. "You're safe now... Master..."

You take a moment to wrap up your finger and pick up Norana's Locket. The glass inside is broken, as is the chain. It's a shame things had to end violently...

You took 2 damage. You HP is now 8. You can heal by going to an altar and making a sacrifice.

Since you took damage, I will send you a summary of my judging.
  • @Tommia

"I tried, I let the rest to you Ana, you gained my trust, I regret you had to kill him, when this ends, bring a prisoner, to sacrifice, let's continue our mission"
  • edited October 2019
    @ElMagici A day passes during your ventures through the desert. Argeaon is keeping an eye on Ana, as there is no way for the shackles to be repaired. In mere moments, she had managed to disenchant his sword, so that it can't be used again, and she carries it in her hand. You notice a demon flying towards you, one of your scouts.

"They're just up over this hill. Let's get moving! They're headed for a temple!"

You catch up to the demons, and notice that among them are two of your most powerful followers. A group of vengeful knights that swore allegiance to you in life... and were forced into eternal servitude when they died.

"How did they break free?" Argeaon can't seem to understand this. They should of died the moment they killed one of their own kind and deserted their duty. And here they are, with others.

Make up to two cards that can deal with a Demons of Endless Rage and two 6/6 black demon creature tokens with flying. Points will given based on how well your response works against the enemy, as well as the realism of the card and how it suits your character’s colors and ideals.

You entry will be scored from 0-15. Any score below a ten will count as a miss, and you will take one hit for each point below 10 your score is. Your current HP is 8.

Criteria:
    • 5 points for overall effect and balancing.
    • 4 points for realism, following color pie, and proper rarity. You may lose a point if the effect of the card is unclear.
    • 3 points for fitting the colors and themes of your character (Black; you may add up to two colors to your identity. Note that this is permanent.)
    • 2 points for if the card would realistically do anything against the target card in an actual game of Magic.
    • 1 point for flavor (text not required; mainly checking if overall fell of the card fits its art, name, etc.).
    • You will lose three points if the entry is not new.
    • You cannot submit any card you’ve submitted so far for this contest.
  • Profile picture got a fresh coat of pain(t)...

HEEHEEHEEHEE!
  • @Tommia "Why do I have to respond behind you. My business is important only for me , not for you ! All that you need to know is that you don't need to be feared by me. I finish this and I'm leaving this place."
  • @EmolgAn @Bowler218

"Ohhhhh, calm down sweetie..." The hag bows down to introduce herself to Vryx, Arlin, and Nsatar. "It looks like we have extra company, is all. You wouldn't mind if they came to as well, yes?" The hag looks into the futures of the trio, and smiles. "Such potential! Brave planeswalker, that sword whispers in prophecies. Your power must be exceptional. If you come with me, it could be much greater, yes?"

"I don't really deal with future seers, thank you." Nsatar nods. "It's a bad omen to get your future read by the forces of evil, let alone a woman like you."

"Excuse me..." Arlin speaks up.

"Oh... excuse my rudeness." Nsatar is embarrassed. "See... my culture looks down upon people like this."

A culture that looks down upon women? Vryx and Arlin are really starting to see that maybe life wasn't so peaceful for Nsatar after all. Even on Stitia men and women are treated equally.

"Now, for you, Vryx... ohohoh! I see bounties galore in store for you! You have been touched by the legendary auramancer... with his gift, you could obtain power beyond imagination!"

"Beyond your wildest dreams..." One of the spirits echo in Vryx's head.

"If you were to come with me, my master could unlock your full potential! Right now, all I see are souls latching on to a muggle, awaiting his awakening."

The hag walks up to Arlin, and she gives her a creepy look. "Ah... you're already dead. You would make a perfect companion for this man. With a vessel to store his power within, both of you could fell demons! Slay gods! You could do whatever you wanted on this damned plane, but... you'll have to come with me..."
  • @sanjaya666

“Oh, I see you have brought a little light with you my friend.”

In one swift moment, all eyes are upon you.

“So far from home, aren’t we?” The whispering heads cackle in cohort.

“You know, many centuries ago, I called for the help of the angels; I was willing to turn against my own kin to bring order to these cursed lands. A feat no other was brave enough to enact may I add.” You can feel an ancient anger brewing in the his word and some of the skeletal figures start to inch towards you, boney fingers outstretched.

“I stood there. Stalwart against screams of pain and agony, crying out for me to help them, for I knew that sacrifices must be made to accomplish such a task. I watched as hundreds of angels slaughtered my brethren in cold blood. But there I stood in silence!” The voices turn from whispers to shouts of anger and some of the nearby statues begin to move, unsheathing swords of onyx.

“Once all lay dead before them, they turned to me! The one who had helped them achieve such a mighty deed! THEY BETRAYED ME!” The demons roar in unison. The temple begins to tumble and more bones rattle as skeletons rise and statues of stone move.

Then suddenly, all the bones fall and the statues return to the stands. There is silence for a minute.

“But it looks like you have already seen the great injustices of the Six. So angel who has seen darkness in the light, I ask the same to you: what is your greatest desire?...”
  • edited October 2019
    Updated bio and alt-art promo for Joseph.

imageimage

Race: Human Werehyena; Being a Spirit Medium allows him to enslave and channel spirits to take on their attributes
    Mana Colors: WUBRG
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil; Feigns innocence and purity to all and abuses his high reputation, manipulating the masses until he can get what he wants.
    Allies: Enslaved spirits, and those he has made pacts with, be them willing or forced.
    Enemies: The Six and their disciples, whomever imprisoned him on Stitia, competition

With his madness revealed, Joseph can no longer be trusted, but in his wake, it is also revealed that you'll likely never see him. His years on Stitia have twisted him, and he could no longer resist the immense temptations that eternal life and potent auramancy gave him. All this time, he had merely hunted lycanthropes and demons. But after being turned into a werehyena and being given a failed cure in the form of a ring, he twisted into a selfish shell of his former self, ready to abuse his place in society and rise to power. His ultimate goal? Unknown.
  • @EmolgAn @Tommia
    //"Master?" Ah heck no//
    ---------------------
    Vryx looks at the hag, "Can you tell your master to meet me here? And can you tell me who he is? 'Cause if you can't, Imma tell you two words: **** no."

Now Vryx looks at the pirate, "You're gonna tell me where ya going, because based off of the sand, we're right by a goliath lair and I can, and will, provoke it unless you tell me where you're going. And trust me, you don't want to fight a goliath at this time of year." Vryx says with a smirk. "Also, you do have to respond to me because I'm gonna be putting myself in charge here because you try living out here for two years essentially by yourself."
  • @Tommia

*Mastiffa looks at the Demons of Endless Rage* "Since our last, encounter, I will not try to regain them, but that flying demons seem a little more easy to convince, Argeanon, bring me two of the most wounded subjects, we will use them"

Action 1 (To be judged): Mastiffa kills both subjects in order to cast this spell:

Action 2 (To be judged): Mastiffa uses the new owned demons to make a protective wall while she cast this spell targeting the Demons of Endless Rage:

//If somehow I survive, I want to do a new Grixis Mastiffa card
  • edited October 2019
    @ElMagici Your color identity is now Grixis.

Your forces move in to surround the group of demons. So far, they haven't noticed, quickly moving ever onward.

"Finally... freedom... freedom from this wretched curse that binds me! I would be willing to sacrifice myself if it meant absolution from this endless cycle of death! What does our master think of us anyway, using us like we're disposable, then bringing us back from the dead to throw us away again?"

"This voice... it promises so much to me that Mastiffa never offered. Whoever this is, they are willing to allow me to build my own empire with their aid."

Your forces surround the demons. There are at least ten of them, all traveling together. Two of them are injured, being taken as captives, and you decide they aren't worth the hassle of freeing. Your group begins the ambush, and suddenly, the obedience collars on the two demons' necks cut clean through their necks, killing them. Their screams are infused with eldritch energy, and everyone stops dead in their tracks. As though entranced, the two stronger demons move in, along with your forces, in a mesmerized daze. All of their eyes are glowing, moving forward with no hesitation whatsoever. Even Ana is hypnotized.

You order the two stronger demons to protect you as you prepare a potent spell to kill the two infernal knights. You worked hard to perfect the magic that gives them their power, so if they see it as a curse, then you can teach them to be thankful for what they have while it lasts. Forming a powerful ball of energy in your hand, you send it at the demons, causing a massive explosion of vibrant energy. The explosion takes away the power of anything within it, and the undying flame of the slaves fades as they shatter into pieces, then disintegrate into dust...

Overall Score: 11/15

Kindred's Wail: 12/15
    • 3 points for overall effect and balancing. (This is highly situational, couldn't say if it was overpowered or underpowered.)
    • 3 points for realism, following color pie, and proper rarity. (This could get pretty useless at times, especially if your opponents aren't playing your colors. Likely wouldn't be printed)
    • 3 points for fitting the colors and themes of your character
    • 2 points for effectiveness against target
    • 1 point for flavor

Nullifying Ball: 10/15
    • 2 points for overall effect and balancing. (Underpowered. I'd make this cost xurr to compensate for the effect, but make the X easier to pay for. Lose all abilities seems to be very cheap, and other than that, this is basically Red Sun's Zenith and Banefire rolled into one, but it can only target a creature or planeswalker.)
    • 3 points for realism, following color pie, and proper rarity. (Lose all abilities clause seems unnecessary, especially since this isn't an instant.)
    • 3 points for fitting the colors and themes of your character
    • 2 points for effectiveness against target
    • 0 for flavor (Unfitting flavor text for card, nullifying implies a counter/protection effect)
  • edited October 2019
    @ElMagici All of the demons are either dead or captive, and you advance with the rest of your group. Still entranced, none of them even speak as you continue in the direction you were headed. You come across a coin on one of the dead bodies. The same coin is in the possession of the two demons you spared, and you notice something off about all of them.

"Those coins whisper." One of the demons says, staring into nothing. "They tell the truth. They have promises."

You grab one of them, and an angry voice fills your head.

"You killed my initiates." It whispers. Then, the coin seems to come to life, as the face on the coin begins to warp into one much more sinister. It speaks. "Such a crooked demon as you has no place here. I will ensure no such thing happens again..."

The coin flies out of your hand and explodes. The earth shakes underneath you, and you are taken off of your feet as a being emerges from the sand. A skeleton, clad in armor. Much of its prior form is still there, preserved under the sand, and in one swift movement, its hand pierces Riken, tearing out the giant demon's heart.

The voice from before booms from the skeleton, threatening you. "This is your only warning! Leave and never come back, and he will be the only one who dies. Resist, and you'll end up the same..."

You may choose to either flee or fight. If you choose to fight, make up to two cards that can deal with Fallen King Kervanis. Points will given based on how well your response works against the enemy, as well as the realism of the card and how it suits your character’s colors and ideals.

You entry will be scored from 0-15. An average score below a twelve will count as a miss, and you will take one hit for each point below 12 your average score is. Your current HP is 8.

Criteria:
    • 5 points for overall effect and balancing.
    • 4 points for realism, following color pie, and proper rarity. You may lose a point if the effect of the card is unclear.
    • 3 points for fitting the colors and themes of your character (Grixis Colors.)
    • 2 points for if the card would realistically do anything against the target card in an actual game of Magic.
    • 1 point for flavor (text not required; mainly checking if overall fell of the card fits its art, name, etc.).
    • You will lose three points if the entry is not new.
    • You cannot submit any card you’ve submitted so far for this contest.
  • @Tommia @Blazin_Biscuit

"Nice effects you have going on here," answers Xataxji, inspecting the grinning stone faces.

"So," he continued, "you brought me here, in this dusty, crumbling testament of failure, to grant me a whish ? I know a couple of genies that would have come to my doorstep to offer me three." He pointed at the golden coin. "Pray tell me, then, what this is. What it does. What you are. What you want."

Xataxji toyed whith his silver trinket. "Because, you see, I owe my position in this world to this tiny thing. And when something as equally interesting shows up, well, I won't lie, I'm interested. But my interest is layered with caution, creature. Ancient artifacts of power don't tend to casually show up on one's doorstep, especially in such troubled times."

He returned the bauble to a hidden pocket. "You want to know my dearest wish ? Well, it's simple really. I wish to see my buisiness prosper to the end of times, and see my enemies burnt to ashes. Right now, my buisiness is under attack by unkown threats, and, according to trustworthy sources, my enemies have taken... godly proportions. I would like to know what you could do about that. If you are capable of anything at all."

The stone heads started issuing an answer, but the masked demon raised a finger in interruption. "And before you say anything, do try to remember who you are adressing, yes ? People have tried to double-cross me before... it never ended well."
  • edited October 2019
    @Tommia, MonkeyPirate2002

With a savage roar, Pathos tore across the room towards Rei. He fell to angels as he charged, but Pathos didn't even remember swinging his sword.

But he came to a sudden stop as he hit an invisible force blew him back to the ground. Pathos rubbed his head as his senses began to return and his blood ceased to boil. Cheratraum! He might still be able to help her. He scarmbled towards her on all fours, then cradled her upper torso.

She was an angel like him. There would be no final rest for her. Just oblivion. But angels aren't born they are created. And what's created can be recreated. With the right tools from the beyond...

A container. He needed a container to preserve Cheratraums light before it bled back to the Beyond.

He searched his pockets, but he left his snuff box by his bed this morning! Desperately Pathos started rooting through Cheratraum's pocket only to find:

(This is not a submission, just a reminder for story purposes)

But how did she have this? She must have bought a repli- no, that scratch. It was really his watch. But how did she have it?

It didn't matter now he needed to act fast! Placing his hands on Cheratraum's face he withdrew her Divine Essence and stored it in the watch.

• Lands for Stitia!

Also, it looks like our little melee at Digyol is about to wrap up @spookoops. Please decide if you want to attack or not, or you can just wait out the fight.
  • @Blazin_Biscuit

>>

The fallen angel stood defiant with clenched fists and frown despite of all the visible and veiled threats from the unknown entity that apparently had a sort of control over the statues and dead bodies.

He had faced against many things before. Demons, liches, fellow angels, even the Divine Six themselves. And all of them were way worse than these faceles constructs and dead bodies.

But currently he wasn't really in the shape of fighting due to his current condition, so either way he could just bail out and get nothing or play along and probably get something out of this particular... free wish.

But one should never blindly accept a gift freely, especially if it came from an unknown, possibly demonic entity.

"What is the catch?" Questioned Rafael with a bit of hoarse voice as he folded his arms.
  • edited October 2019
    @Tommia

I choose to flee

"The ONLY death? This journey brought only death and ruin to everybody. If your desire is wey leave, we would"

Additional Option: "Higher demons will know about your existence, I hope you can bear with them, for a price, I can let go The Sword of the Demon Slayer Bahn Gheshin, right now, it's disenchanted, but think about it, who will refuse to own a memento of demon's Bane?"
  • I've received cards from everyone in the melee except MonkeyPirate2002, but if I'm correct, the cards have already been made. I'll start preparing the battle sequence... with a surprise twist.
  • edited October 2019
    Not really feeling it making a story today, so here's the cards.

• There are the cards I have for the melee, for reference, and to make my life 1000x easier.

Wosy:

imageimageimage

Otaimo:

imageimageimage

Pathos - @Derain2

imageimageimage

(Not an entry) image

K'Trinop - @MonkeyPirate2002

imageimageimage

Byro - @spookoops

imageimageimage
  • @Bowler218 @EmolgAn

In responce to your demands Vryx, the hag head begins to spasm and she starts to pant heavily. You see as her eyes white over and her teeth grow long and jagged, she comes to rest - monitionless.

"So sorry for doing this my dear" She speaks in a new voice, it's deep and cracking and looks towards you.

"So you wish to know who I am, hmm?" She then looks towards Alyssa.

"My assistant here is leading my guest and her crew to my santum in order to strike a deal, you are welcome to join her. But be warned... you do not want to interfer with me or my clients. Come, we are close now" She turns, giving the trio a quick glance, and continues to walk into the desert, gesturing for Alyssa to follow her.

"Oh and by the way. The goliath nearby is called Terofarr, and no, he doesn't live being woken up at this time of year" She calls back.
  • edited October 2019
    GRAND MELEE

Featuring @Derain2 as Pathos, @MonkeyPirate2002 as K'Trinop, and Tommia as Wosy and Otaimo, with Special Guest @spookoops as Byro and Tommia as Onaeca. Guest starring Rei, Conse's angels, Wosy's Crew, and The New Order.

(Say, this is adding up to a Hollywood cast, with six characters being player controlled >;3)

Angels... everywhere. The portal above Rei closes as they fill the room. It's a good thing Pathos decided to expand recently, or else this would be way too close for comfort. Pathos, Otaimo, Wosy, and K'Trinop all four look at him with hatred in their eyes. To Otaimo and K'Trinop, Chertraum was an innocent angel slaughtered in a random act of violence, killed by a slave to the Six. To Wosy, they were a new friend, as close as Pathos, and quite possibly more. His fist balls up looking at her body. But out of all of them, Pathos was struck the hardest. She saved his life, but at what cost? Her face, froze in an expression of determination and desperation, lie on a decapitated head, pointed right towards him. She was an incredible ally, and a very close friend. And quite possibly one of the greatest hopes for his plan...

Otaimo is the first to prepare to attack, between his collectedness, his swiftness to take action, and the fact that, out of everyone, he spent the least amount of time thinking about Chertraum. “So... they really do mean war against us? To outnumber us with damned minions? To kill a pure, innocent angel in cold blood, puppeteered by those that call themselves gods?! Very well then. The gods of this world picked their enemies, and they will have shame knowing they picked me.”

Suddenly, Otaimo’s blade begins to shimmer and ring as he runs his fingers across it, imbuing it in an aura. The same aura begins to surround him, and he prepares to strike.

Otaimo whips his blade, and faces it towards Rei, an evil eye sizing them up.

“You come here seeking the blood of an angel?” Otaimo’s blade seems to want to leave his hand, as though it wants the angel’s blood more desperately than he does. “You are no enforcer of righteousness! You are a damned scoundrel with a twisted mind, corrupted by the very essence of hatred and betrayal, and given life by hands that feed nothing but sin and debauchery!" His blade is shaking so violently that it's a surprise he can keep his hands on it. "Wicked pretender, have at me!”

The room around Otaimo and Rei fades even darker, an unseen force keeping anyone from approaching. Otaimo’s judgement is upon Rei, and his verdict is death.

The rage in Otaimo's words has shaken the room. Wosy's sleeping crew has awoken, already armed and ready to fight. Anger and hatred fills the hearts of everyone. From his mourning, Pathos rises and draws his blades. Wosy reaches in his bag, revealing a bottle and a bloody coin. K'Trinop gathers magical energy as he prepares to strike.

Suddenly, the first to charge isn't Otaimo, but Pathos. With a roar, he sprints across the room. Rei used to be his friend. An ally. But this being before him wasn't anything of the sort. He was a killer. A monster. An enemy. Angels try to attack him, but slash after slash clears the path as he approaches fast.

Covered in blood, Pathos makes a leaping bound, going in for the kill, when his blades strike the edge of the mist. For a split second, it becomes visible, a wall, surrounding Otaimo and Rei, and no one else is able to get inside. This shake-up causes him to fall, bringing him back to reality, and he realizes something. Chertraum can be saved, but time is of the essence. He searches for some kind of magical container he can use as a phylactery, but realizes the snuffbox he normally carries is missing. Slashing more angels out of the way, he slides to Chertraum's still warm body, searching for anything he can use, when he comes across...

imageimage

He has no time to question how this ended up in Chertraum's possession. It's his alright, but right now, it's a phylactery, so he performs a spirit-capturing ritual to try to seal Chertraum's spirit within.

As he exerts all of his energy into the spell, he feels her essence, but it won't go into the vessel. Am I... too late? The fear is all too real. He cannot channel her spirit, and it's readily apparent that the spell has failed to work. Drained and feeling hopeless, he collapses to the floor before letting out a scream.

"Pathos! Are you okay!" The door to the shop bursts open, and in comes a group of black clad angels, one of them running straight to Pathos. He is unharmed, but his heart is ravaged. Following the angels is... none other than the infamous plague doctor, who hasn't been seen in years.

"You alright over there, Pathos?" Wosy has rushed over, holding off angels with his bare fists. "Wait... what the hell are you doing here?" He says, pointing to Byro.

"We don't have time to worry about him!" K'Trinop joins the group, and casts a spell to shield them from harm.

"These 'angels' are nothing more but a testament... to how..." K'Trinop's voice breaks. The sheer overwhelming force of the angels surrounding him takes him back... his spell momentarily waivers as he remembers everything. The fury of the angels and the gods as they took hold of him on that fateful day, when he stood up against them. The day he was sent away from this plane, and the reason he returned...

"They're a testament to the irredeemability of this world..."

Lightning strikes the rooftop again, but this time, it's by K'Trinop's rage that the impending storm has gathered. The room seems too cold to bear. Not one, but two gods walk among the mortals, and both of them seek vengeance. The very essence of K'Trinop's fury consumes the flock of angels, and one after another, they fall by his hand...

// To be continued...
  • @Tommia @Blazin_Biscuit @EmolgAn

"Okay, I guess we'll be going," motioning to Arlin and Nsaitar," but if me or those two get harmed or threatened, I reserve the right to start a fight. Got it?"
  • edited October 2019
    GRAND MELEE - PART TWO

Featuring @Derain2 as Pathos, @MonkeyPirate2002 as K'Trinop, and Tommia as Wosy and Otaimo, with Special Guest @spookoops as Byro and Tommia as Onaeca. Guest starring Rei, Conse's angels, Wosy's Crew, and The New Order.

The deathly wind of K'Trinop's absolution runs through the building, killing many of the angels, but also catching a couple of the demons in the crossfire. However, despite his sheer power, the immense toll the spells put on K'Trinop leaves a mark on him. Even with his extreme magical prowess, he's still a shattered being, and he only has enough energy left to sustain the spell protecting the group.

Byro sees K'Trinop collapsed on the floor. This... wasn't really any of his business, but given his recent encounter, his patience for the powers that be has worn thin. He's pretty sure he knows who he's fighting, and he does what he can to protect the others.

imageimageimage

He summons a powerful orb, bursting with extreme arcane energy. A weapon he's been saving for just the right time. The nearby angels collapse from its power, leaving them defenseless as they are beaten to death by Wosy and his crew. The orb begins to surge, and the room suddenly bursts with hellfire. It takes K'Trinop's remaining magic to keep the group safe as Byro's link to the underworld brings death and destruction to everything in sight. Wosy is smiling, or is he crying?

"Looks like the plague doctor brought party favors!" Byro cackles. "You make me look like an amateur, and that makes me jealous! And no one likes to one up Wosy!"

The fires lit the improvised explosive in Wosy's hand, and he chucks it at a group of angels, causing them to be engulfed. Fumes fill the room, which clash with the flames, causing a massive chain reaction.

Taking the opportunity while he's in his element, Wosy flips a bloody coin. It lands heads up, and once again, its power ignites him as he transforms into his full-demon form.

Charging into the fray, Wosy grabs two angels by the neck, slamming them together with enough force to crush them. Using a similar technique as before, their lifeless bodies are pressed into a dark coin with a crystal, much less bloody than its prior counterparts, and as it flips into the air, Wosy makes a bet, pointing at a group of angels. It hits the ground, and in the blink of an eye, the entire group of angels disappear.

Not that many angels remain. The angels that came in, members of a rebellion group in Hitcherald, fight blade against blade in the air, high above the burning flames. Any demons that can fly join the action, and angels too unfortunate to be close to the floor are drug down by those that can't. Otaimo has killed Rei, and joins the battle in the air, slicing and dicing through angel after cursed angel with extreme finesse and agility. Byro summons a pair of chains, pulling from the hellfire the spirits of the dying angels, and they are sent towards the remaining combatants.

While the battle is close to over, Pathos is still grieving over Chertraum. She really is gone, isn't she? He should be ready to wipe the sweat off of his brow and move on, but how could he be happy knowing Chertraum was gone? He holds the timepiece in his hand. In a spur of anger, he prepares to throw it against the wall, when suddenly, it ignites. He drops it to the floor. The timepiece begins to burn in flames that are somehow hotter than the hellfire that fills the building, and a portal opens in the ground. Pathos draws his blades again, prepared for what may come. Chertraum's body fades away, and from the portal... emerges...

imageimage

"Stay back, Pathos. I have unfinished business."

The voice that emerges from the woman is too similar to Chertraum's to be a coincidence. While this demon has little resemblance to the angel that just died moments ago, the spirit within is the same. Pathos can feel it. The portal closes, and with a blast of hellfire, a dozen angels are blown out of the air. With the rising of her staff, the fire in the room rises as well, and the once exhausted K'Trinop is back on his feet. The room is filled with an aura of violence and bloodlust. The demons and devils are losing their temper, going berserk as the woman makes one final movement, striking down the last of the angels with a sundering strike...

"There's no need to mourn me, Pathos. You were right. All my life I was living in a dream... but today, I've woken up."

SUCCESS! All of the angels were eliminated without anyone taking any damage. Great work!
  • @Blazin_Biscuit @Tommia @Bowler218

"Tsss... I don't want to fight a goliath too and you either. Well, I'm just following this hag. That's all you want to know."

Then, Allysa order the crew to stay in place to be prepared to leave at any moment and next, she keep following the hag....
  • edited October 2019
    @Blazin_Biscuit

>>

'... Just place a drop of you blood on the coin in the basin...'

'... There is no catch in my deals...'

Whispering voices like a wind assaulted the fallen angel. And he instead only squinted his eyes, still with arms folded.

"Really?"

Rafael sighed.

"Fine, to damnation with it. At this point I'm already falling too far anyway. Maybe this forsaken curse has gotten into my sanity too, so..."

And he pulled a short and definitely not stolen knife from his bag to make a small cut on his left arm..."

'I highly doubt that this demon has the power to banish the Six permanently, so there's only one logical choice here.'

Once upon a time during his reign as the Lord Arbiter, he encountered this particular female human with golden long hair who looked suspicious in a market area in the capital city as there was something off with the soul of that particular individual. A particularly useful perk as an archangel.

It was like there was something... foreign within that person. It was like a trace of chaotic magic unlike he normally found among the mages.

So he followed that person until there was a dead end.

"Halt, please miss, I just want to talk."

And the said person turned around and smiled a warm smile instead.

"An angel hm? It brings me joy that there is still hope despite of the overwhelming darkness that is plaguing this plane."

"... If I may ask-"

And she just slightly bowed.

"Serra. I apologize that I didn't introduce myself properly before."

Rafael knew that there was something off with the way of her vocabulary.

Then he landed from his flight and getting a bit more closer to the foreign person, and folded his arms.

"... A plane hm? I wonder how many of them that lie out there beyond this realm."

But she still smiled.

"Countless of other worlds exist far beyond the grasp of many. Only few who have the power to cross the realm of chaotic aether without getting turned to ashes to reach the said worlds."

"... And I assume you're one of those few."

"Always be insightful, it seems." She snarked back, but this time there was a hint of sadness in her expression.

"Keeper of justice, let me tell you about a story of a person who has lost everything, yet that person is still holding onto hope that they could build a world free from the taint of the darkness and evil of the multiverse..."

That particular evening was definitely different, at least for Rafael.

"So, then, I wish for a way to transport people to another world that is suitable for living in peace and harmony, a world that cannot be reached or influenced by the Six."

Then the blood dropped...
  • Idk what today will bring. I'll type the follow up to the melee either today or, more likely, tomorrow
  • @Derain2 @MonkeyPirate2002 @spookoops

"Amen to that, Ch- erm... well..." Wosy comes over. The fire that filled the shop is still burning, and Wosy's crew is taking out their bloodlust on any angels that are somehow still clinging on to life, or those brought back by the Cursed Rebirth. "Well. You aren't exactly a cherub anymore, are you?"

"Damn my past." The woman looks at Wosy, smiling "From this point on you can call me Onaeca."

"This... woman..." Otaimo is still unsure of the group's safety at this point. "How could she be the same as the angel that perished to protect- ACK!"

Otaimo suddenly falls to his knees, and K'Trinop falls to the ground, an aching pain in his head.

"Looks like I get to teach you a fun little lesson. Sometimes, people who die just come back to life. Other times, they do so through more... controlled means." Onaeca picks up Pathos's timepiece, still intact, but glowing with an ember hue. "Either way, this plane is riddled with dark magic. We call it the Cursed Rebirth, though its power can be harnessed for... more nefarious purposes."

"I hope you aren't mad, Pathos." Onaeca comes over to Pathos. "Wosy told me it was for my own good. I took your timepiece, and I made a phylactery... I didn't think I'd need it this soon though."

"Why are you a demon then, darling?" Wosy asks. "I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to work like that."

Onaeca looks down at the timepiece again. "My time here taught me something. An angel like Chertraum had no place in this world. It was adapt, or die. I needed to become something different. No offense to angels, Pathos."

"K'Trinop... what's on your head?" Otaimo comes over to K'Trinop. Pathos prepares a ward to put out the fire. On K'Trinop's head lies a symbol. By now, Pathos, Wosy, and Chertraum had become familiar with it. The Triskaidian marking, and this same marking appeared on Otaimo's abdomen.

"So... darling... who did you make a deal with?"

"He wishes to remain anonymous. My lips are sealed."

"Khantsievth?"

"I wouldn't of even considered it. The most I can say is... I talked to someone who understood my situation. Someone willing to make a deal with me, without any special strings attached."

"Anonymity sounds highly suspicious." Otaimo says suspiciously. "Why would a demon want to remain anonymous?"

"I considered it a small price for this power. I'm a demon, and I'm alive. That's all that matters."

"To say the least he definitely ain't a pushover." Wosy smiles assuringly, transforming back into his Azra form. "New body and all, reincarnated in hellfire." Pathos extinguishes the flames, revealing the mass of corpses that line the ground. "So, I take it we've got a cleanup job ahead of us. What's the bill, Pathos?"

"Don't worry about it." He replies. Thanks to the plethora of protective wards he has acquired through his years, the store is practically unharmed, minus cleaning the blood, corpses, and ashes from the floor. "I'm just glad we're all okay."

Wosy whistles. "C'mon, you slugabeds! These angels ain't gonna move themselves!"

After clearing the room, everyone tries to fix the shop and help Pathos clean. Afterwards, they celebrate; they may have just escalated their conflict with the Six to a fever pitch, but right now, they proved that they could face the threats ahead, and they showed the gods that they weren't afraid, whatever may come...
  • edited October 2019
    @sanjaya666 @Blazin_Biscuit

"Angela... where are you?" Suddenly, a third individual, an old man, walks into the room, slightly crazed. "Oh! I'm- sorry to interrupt! Excuse this old man, but my darling called me... here...- GAH! What's going on?!"

Suddenly, the old man collapses to his knees. His spirit shoots from his body, and his eyes begin to glow a deep purple.

"Sorry, Gallagher, but I heard something interesting." A different, but disembodied voice says, lifting the man back onto his feet. The demon knows the voice very well. "A world that... can't be reached? Ah... I'm pretty sure you mean interplanar travel. But let me tell you." The man walks up to Rafael. "Unless you're one lucky SOB, that isn't happening... but... you just so happened to of come in here with the right person. There are some... slippery means to get you what you want that I'm sure are beyond this demon's realm. Or... you could just take up arms against the gods and repossess the Beyond. There's also the option of pocket dimensions, which I'm sure this man could make for you, but don't think I'm done speaking to you just yet. I think I could help as well."
This discussion has been closed.