OH THE HORROR!!! Halloween Challenge... (Participants = Premium Prizes)

13»

Comments

• edited October 2019
    This contest was made for me, love horror and Halloween. EDIT: 10/27/19.

Added my remaining two entries:

This one is a single entry; based on the horror movie, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

image image

Based on night, return, dawn, est. of the dead.

Based on Evil Dead 2.

Based on Predator.

• Ten more days...
  • Final week of entries...
  • edited October 2019
    A entry with my own illustration, inspired by the Silent Hill movie (and games).

• Three more days...
  • @Spookoops You missed the classic "Seven Days" line on October 24th.
  • @Baron-777, I was in the middle of the ocean on the 24th, sorry.
  • @Spookoops Well glad you were able to swim on back to us.
  • Final 24hrs
  • edited October 2019
    The "Grim" Reaper:

I thought I'd submitted my "headless horseman"
  • edited October 2019
    Inspirated in the movie The Thing.

• CLOSED FOR JUDGING!
  • @SpellPiper2213, what movie is your Rat Swarm referencing?
  • @spookoops Deadly Eyes. sorry if it doesn't really work
  • edited November 2019
    @SpellPiper2212, thank you and know worries. I just know a handful of movies that involve rats.
  • edited November 2019
    The time has come, judging is completed, and results are in...

It was a tough and well fought battle, there were 23 individual entrants. Which means you guys reached Tier 5 prizes, well done. Now without further ado, here are our Honorable Mentions and Winners.

Honorable Mention
    @Shadow123, for a person who has never watched any horror movies, and just went with word of mouth, this one is pretty good, I had to give you a mention.

@GameQnQ, the only real reason this didn't place higher is the fact that its 2g ability is a little too low costed to destroy an artifact and creature. Love the cards though.

5th Place
    @sanjaya666, thank you for taking advice and making the changes recommended. This card could be awesome in a many deck builds.

4th Place
    @Baron-777, I like the fact this feels more like a member of the Predator species, and not movie Predator itself. The card itself feels quite well rounded, but maybe a little over the top on its awesome evasion ability.

3rd Place
    @Credius, The fact that its last ability could just be 2ub, sac Pinhead; to get 4 free plays, seems too much, however it still feels right. I enjoy everything about this card.

2nd Place
    @EternalWolf88, "yes, this card completely encapsulates the whole premise of the jeepers creepers monster: nigh indestructible, gets stronger by adding on parts of victims...nice" Michael Kenis said it best in the comments.

Before I reveal our top winner, I'd like to recognize our pick for best artwork...

Artwork
    @SpellPiper2213, my wife absolutely hates rats, this one instantly creeped her out, and for that reason, you got the best artwork.

1st Place
    image image
    @RocketRaKuhni, honestly I had a hard time choosing from all your entries. Each one was well designed, and did a great job encapsulating their movies. Ultimately, Demonic Possession came out on top. The interesting use of the cards ability is intriguing. All of your cards artwork were contenders for best. You are a well deserved 1st place.

Well everyone, that does it on my end. Please refer to the original post for prizes and PM me with choices. Thank you all for participating.
  • @Spookoops Thanks a lot for the HM! I wasn’t expecting it, so I am gladly surprised :)

Congrats to all other winners and mentionables!
  • Congratz to everyone who entered. I'm excited I managed to get to the winner's circle and I do see the flaw with the op evade ability. Might been safer to add an extra generic mana, maybe two, to the ability.
This discussion has been closed.