Help! I hit a wall!

I'm working on a complex card, and I have hit a point where it won't let me put more letters in the text box. What happened? Is it because I'm on mobile? Or is this normal?

Comments

• @Bowler218
    There is a character limit for all card editor types on mtgcardsmith, but usually you won't hit the limit on the standard card editor. However the Planeswalker editor's one is much easier to hit consistently.

If you have further questions, type @murkletins here and myself would enjoy helping.
  • @Bowler218
    Drop the text here and I'll do my best to truncate it.
  • @Faiths_Guide
    () is the cardname
    When () enters the battlefield, put 2 spell counters on him.
    {t}, remove a spell counter from (): () deals 1 damage to target creature. Put 4 shock counters on that creature and put a concentration counter on () (if a creature has a concentration counter on it, it cannot untap under any circumstances). At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a shock counter from that creature and deal 1 permanent damage to it (permanent damage cannot be healed except by putting a +1/+1 counter on that creature), if you cannot remove a shock counter from that creature, remove a concentration counter from ()
  • edited October 2019
    @Bowler218
    You're trying to do something unnecessarily complex. It can be shortened, but you need to lower your expectations for one design. All of this new stuff can't be slapped on a single creature.

Suggestion:
    () enters the battlefield with two -1/-1 counters on it.

At the beginning of your upkeep, put a -1/-1 counter on each other creature with a -1/-1 counter on it.

{t}: Move a -1/-1 counter from () onto target creature. That creature doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.

This is also super strong and difficult to balance. I would probably drop the upkeep triggered ability.
  • Is there any way I can keep some of the complexity of it? Sense I'm trying to recreate one of my D&D characters and the ability is supposed to be reminiscent of the spell Witch Bolt.
  • Not unless you wanna make the card on MSE using the big text box template.
  • edited October 2019
    If you want to make a d&d spell mechanic, focus on spell slots and not concentration.

That said...
    Invocation N (This creature enters the battlefield with N spell counters on it. You may choose not to untap it during your untap step.)
    COST, T, remove a spell counter from CARDNAME: EFFECT.

In your case:
    Invocation N (This creature enters the battlefield with N spell counters on it. You may choose not to untap it during your untap step.)
    T, remove a spell counter from CARDNAME: Put a -1/-1 counter on target creature. Whenever you choose not to untap CARDNAME during your untap step, put another -1/-1 counter on it.

Some wording issues but here you go.
  • You can change Invocation's name, I don't like it
  • I don't think I'm of further help. I don't play D&D.
This discussion has been closed.