We Wear the Mask (Winners Announced! Collect Prizes!)

A few days ago, I remembered a poem we read in Language arts last year. It reminded me about how everyone wears their own mask(s) that change them in front of others whether they use their mask a lot or almost never. Before I state the rules, I’d like all of you to look at this poem, it is actually a very powerful and really applies to every one of us.

We Wear the Mask by Paul Laurence Dunbar

We wear the mask that grins and lies,
It hides our cheeks and shades our eyes,—
This debt we pay to human guile;
With torn and bleeding hearts we smile,
And mouth with myriad subtleties.

Why should the world be over-wise,
In counting all our tears and sighs?
Nay, let them only see us, while
We wear the mask.

We smile, but, O great Christ, our cries
To thee from tortured souls arise.
We sing, but oh the clay is vile
Beneath our feet, and long the mile;
But let the world dream otherwise,
We wear the mask!

Now, the rules:

1. Create a card that has something to do with a mask, whether it is a creature or an equipment. It just has to mention masks or flavorfully imply masks. If it is unclear, I will ask you to explain.
2. Up to 7 entries- 2 of them can be old.
3. This contest ends on November 14th and I will take at most a week to judge it.
4. Have fun :)
5. CREDIT THE ARTIST IF POSSIBLE :)

And the prizes of course:

1st Place - 5 faves of your choice and a follow
2nd Place - 4 faves of your choice
3rd Place - 3 faves of your choice
HMs - 1 fave of your choice
Honorable Cardsmith - 1 fave of your choice (I will be looking at card comments, the post your card here and actually see what others think, and card discussion on this thread to see the visible effort put in by some of the cardsmiths that enter. The cardsmith who I BELIEVE put in the most effort will with this award. You do not have to be a long-standing cardsmith to win this award.)

Here are three examples:

imageimageimage

This is a great discussion to get feedback:
http://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/3627/post-your-cards-here-actually-see-what-others-think#latest

Time to get cardsmithing!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.