Rashura (Action/Adventure Hybrid; LAST DAY TO JOIN IS NOVEMBER 22ND!)

Comments

• @shadow123 I plan on it, but my dad's trying to take my entire weekend 3:<
  • edited November 2019
    Here's where everyone sits. This should help set the world stage. Making a few assumptions, I grouped up everyone that would reasonably be near each other (you are not teamed up, nor have you met each other. This is merely an overview)

- @shadow123 - An arcane library full of worldly knowledge / @ASubtleGhost The other side of the same building
    ??? @HeroKP - An ancient library? Could be the same, but we'll see
    - @Credius - Mountainous ruins of a fortress / @Schmoohawk - A wolf den in mountainous ruins
    - @IzItTru - A deep, dark forest / @Blazin_Biscuit - A marshy swamp in a forest
    - @Bowler218 - Cave in a mountain / @KorandAngels - Farm near a mountain
    - @JackDraco - Cavern, likely a crypt or major battle area
    - @Termite1 - Stone cleft with an ancient pylon
    - @sanjaya666 - An astounding castle on a large, suspended rock near seaside; a river runs from the sea / @Xero0 - Hiding in the castle
    - @ouser94501 - A lost cathedral
    - @Mantis17 - Hidden market in a city

- @TezzeretofCarmot21 - Needs to submit card

Terribly sorry for the delay! Story coming soon.
  • There might be 2 ancient libraries.
  • @ouser94501 @TezzeretofCarmot21 @HeroKP @shadow123 @Credius @IzItTru @Blazin_Biscuit @Mantis17 @Bowler218 @KorandAngels @JackDraco @Schmoohawk @Termite1 @sanjaya666

Round Zero - Heat Three

Morning comes. All of you have survived the storm, however fierce it was. Those of you able to reach the outdoors emerge from your shelters to see the world outside ransacked by deathly winds and acid rain. Twigs fall from dying trees. Soil and rock erodes. The wind still blows hard as grey leaves are blown into dust. Those of you who can't still feel the presence of the storm inside as the entire plane runs stagnant and cold. Water sources are polluted as the whole world seems to have been ruined overnight. Thankfully, no one has died, that you can tell, but none of you can take any more time to contemplate your situation as you are attacked.

Make a card that can protect you from the Omoro Wrath's attack. It can be any non-planeswalker card that isn't legendary, so long as it costs less than 5 mana.

You will not be skipped unless you fail to submit an entry in a reasonable amount of time (Max is now seven days [Nov. 9th deadline], but if everyone else is done, I may call it early. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause).

With round 1 fast approaching, remember. No one will be able to join after round 1 ends, and anyone who is not caught up by then will be eliminated.

CRITERIA
    - Must be a non-legendary card with CMC 5 or less that will allow you, as a player, to survive an attacking Omoro Wrath.

Even though it won't really matter, here's the ranking criteria. I will rank your entries, but during round zero, you cannot be eliminated.

- 6 points for overall card balance
    - 5 points for realism, proper grammar and syntax, and the like
    - 3 points for following the color pie and the ideals of your color (combo). Instant fail if you use colors outside of your chosen three. (If you have a +, that means you have an unused color slot. You can fill unused slots by submitting a card that is not in your current colors, and one slot will be consumed for each of those colors.)
    - 2 points for proper rarity and difficulty (Overly basic cards will lose a point. Blatantly simple cards, such as vanilla creatures or far too dull effects on instants/sorceries will lose two,)
    - 2 points for fitting flavor and overall card feel
    - 2 points for dealing with the target card in a way that keeps you safe.
    - You can't resubmit cards you've already submitted in this contest
    - You'll lose two points if the card was not made within two weeks of this challenge start date.
  • edited November 2019
    "Hm, that was a bad one." Ranti is looking over the destruction. Luckily, not much of the storm made it past the hills. The farm was damaged, but survived.
    "I hope you will be alright." Says Arcur.
    "We will. Had acid rain before."
    Arcur sees something halfway up the mountain. "What is that?"
    Ranti sees the thing and looks worried. "A wrath. They're a kind of elemental made of storm energy."
    "Is it hunting him?" Says Danta, worriedly.
    "If it is, take this." Ranti throws a spiked shield to Arcur.
    (I made a number of assumptions about the wrath. If that stuff isn't true, thhen it makes sense for Ranti to not know exactly what it is.)
  • @KorandAngels Basically, Wraths are incarnations of pure hatred. Enough said.
  • edited November 2019
    Why red then? Hate is kinda black.
    (In the phantom tollboth, Hate and Malice are literally demons.)
  • Wraths will come in red and black. Red will be the more "I hate you, so I'm going to beat your face in" end of things, and black will be the more "I hate you, so I'm going to make you hate your life" end of things.
  • oh damn this already started, gonna keep an eye on it then haha
  • @Xero0 If you want to join, you still can. Just complete the challenges that have been released so far.
  • edited November 2019

"Hmm, well this is unexpected," Myrca yawned as she made her way out of the ruins she had been setting up camp in for the time being. It was rather surprising to see the devastation which had occurred on the plane, with the various, obvious signs of acid rain and heavy windfall depicted by ripped off and deformed treebranches littered around the place, the ground drenched in corrosive, noxious liquid and parts of the outsides of the ruins half melted and partially eroded. "Oh...seems we have company."

The telltale sign of a Wrath was its very aura of violence and hatred, something someone of Myrca's kind and disposition would quickly pick up on. With a smile on her face, an orb of pale, unholy light started to shine within her right hand. "Do me a favor and don't try anything...just be on your way if you desire to live."
  • Slefa could feel latent magic, left by those who built the strange construction. But she could also feel dark energies fast approaching. Motes of malevolence that would seek to undo her, not to leave her mindless, but hopeless. Slefa needed time. There was none to be freely had as the wraiths approached, so she made some.

• edited November 2019
  • @Tommia oka, gonna finish it up arround this week then
  • oh shoot sorry. i will make card
  • I'll go with white/blue/black btw, mainly blue
  • just realized my card's kind of expensive for what it does, lol
  • https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/explorers-step

The night was long since Avariel's bag was torn up from the fall earlier that day, so that meant most of his gear was broken and lost.

He had a dream that has been coming to more and more recently, a dream where he was trapped in an endless void, unable to do anything but run endlessly through the darkness before finally succumbing to hunger and thirst. At that point he always woke up.

The day was nice, except for the fact that there was acid all over the ground, making going up the mountain a lot more dangerous than before. But he knew a spell that would help him, and as he started casting it he saw something in the corner of his eye.

It was pitch black and it floated above the ground as it rushed at Avariel. He finished casting the spell just in time to see the thing swipe at him.

The spell always had a weird effect on him, instead of just closing his eyes and opening them to a new sight, he felt his soul be torn from his body and then seeing his body disappear in front of him before being tugged to where his body reformed.

He had teleported to a ledge a couple hundred feet higher than where he was before. There was a path to go higher up the mountain, but no path down. So he went up, stepping around acid puddles before finally reaching the top of the mountain. Where there once was probably a beautiful forest, there was now only skeletons of trees on boiled soil.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/forest-of-the-gone
  • edited November 2019

Mason is an artificer who's works gained a legendary reputation in his plane of origin, despite this he prefers to keep to himself, and only his more influential and usual customers know him by name and face; with great skill in the making of artifacts and enchantments he now has to use his knowledge, wits, and experience to find a way back to his home

this is my entry for the 0 round heat 1 of the contest
  • quick question, I know the plane is like rabaged by natural disasters, but there are sentient inhabitants still in it right? and civilisations too right?
  • Is this still open?
  • @Xero0 I think so; There are in my story.
    @kandra127 You can join until round 1 starts, which hasn't happened yet. So you can join if you want to.
  • Lilac was deep in the study of a decrepit tome written in an elaborate but undecipherable language, when she realised the distant pounding of the rain overhead had stopped. She put the book down on a dusty desk, and hurried outside. The sun had returned, but the valley had gone from a barren lanscape to a hellish wasteland. An acrid stench filled the air, and she wrinkled her nose in disgust. It hadn't been a regular rain, for sure. A soind, like crackling electricity, alerted her, and she swung around. Beings of pure malevolence were approaching fast. Their features were unclear, but their motives were: they wanted to harm her. Drawing her sword, Lilac executed a devensive technique, swinging her blade in complex arcs as it swirled with protective energy.

Mason found himself in a marsh near a castle when he awoke, seeing the dark clouds swarming the sky he realised he needed shelter and headed for the castle, it took him time but he managed to sneak inside unnoticed and now has to remain hidden among them, a single misstep could reveal him as an outsider

He had managed to survive the night, most if not all of the people in the castle stayed together in the same room, making lumps of people as they tried to comfort eachother and ignore the sounds coming from outside, they knew this storm was coming, yet they werent fully ready for it; he had aroused a little suspision by the time the storm had settled, but the guards didnt have time to interrogate him before a horrible creature bursted through the newly eroded windows of the castle, tackling and severly wounding the guards that had just opened the doors to check the outer hallways.
    One of the guards held his own against the beast, but he was about to take a severe blow, in a quick motion, almost a desperate one Mason used one of his Veils of Void on the guard, protecting him from all damage the creature couldnt understand the event and was taken by surprise as the guard pummeled it to death with his sword; making those is hard and resourse intensive, so he Mason hoped that using it would gain favour with the residents now that his identity was revealed.
  • Only now, Yadgar realized that there was a small window in the ancient memory library. There was a large, battered tree that had no leaves and gnarled branches. The serene silence of the magical library was suddenly shattered by a large crash. The mind mage saw glass shards plummet down from the broken window as a blur of red rushed to the floor and materialized into an inhuman shape.

Yadgar reached for a book next to him and threw it at the figure. The smoky creature obliterated the book and made a loud guttural noise that shook the whole building.

This thing has a mind, it has got to have thoughts somewhere. If I can force a peaceful memory into this creature’s mind, it should quiet down.

A blue ball of light hovered over Yadgar’s fingertips. Threw the ball of memories at his sudden attacker. The creature absorbed it and launched its own magic at Yadgar. He jumped out of the way and the bookshelf behind him exploded. Moans of different people in different memories dissipated into the air.

“That didn’t work!?”

Then, Yadgar realized something.

This creature must be an embodiment of fury and rage. I’ll need something more powerful. Maybe a trance perhaps. Or a dream. Yes, a dream would do. One of my calmest ones should do the trick.

This discussion has been closed.