More humane than Human challenge (Closes at the end of 2019 now!)

Hello fellow cardsmiths, it's Mercy back with a challenge to inspire myself to make cards. So here is the premise, "You will make card(s) of yourself and/or other cardsmiths/family/friend as species other than Human. This is for a chance at increasingly better prizes as participation increases."

Rules:
1) No entry limit.
2) Old cards are not allowed.
3) You may enter cards of other cardsmiths that you made.
4) You must credit the creator of the artwork on the card.

"Community participation stretch goals!!"
Total participation level: 20+/20. (The final prize tier has been reached.)

Prizes (Default prizes):
1st place; 4 favorites and a follow. Plus your choice of an honorable mention.
Honorable mention; 2 favorites.

Prizes (5-9 participants):
1st place; 1 month of premium subscription, 5 favorites and a follow. Plus your choice of an honorable mention.
2nd place; 4 favorites and a follow. Plus your choice of an honorable mention.
3rd place; 3 favorites and a follow.
Honorable mentions; 2 favorites.

Prizes (10-14 participants):
1st place; A MTGCS playmat of your choice, 1 month of premium subscription, 5 favorites and a follow. Plus your choice of an honorable mention.
2nd place; 1 month of premium subscription, 5 favorites and a follow. Plus your choice of an honorable mention.
3rd place; 1 month of premium subscription, 5 favorites and a follow.

If you want the below tiers, please make some noise.

Prizes (15-19 participants):
1st place; A MTGCS playmat of your choice, 1 month of premium subscription, 5 favorites and a follow. Plus your choice of an honorable mention.
2nd place; 1 month of premium subscription, 5 favorites and a follow. Plus your choice of an honorable mention.
3rd place; 1 month of premium subscription, 5 favorites and a follow.
4th place; 1 month of premium subscription, 5 favorites and a follow.

Prizes (20+ participants):
3rd place; 1 month of premium subscription, 5 favorites and a follow. Plus your choice of an honorable mention.
4th place; 1 month of premium subscription, 5 favorites and a follow.
5th place; 1 month of premium subscription, 5 favorites and a follow.

If you like reading things on the theme of so called monsters, try the Monster Club series of connected stories, Monster Club Stories. It's a blast!

Happy smithing everybody!

Comments

• edited November 2019
    Edit- I decided make a full cycle of monocolor legends based off people I know, and the humanoid creatures and classes of the Final Fantasy tactics games. Like any good game, you need an adventure party. I included more info on the cards pages.

Myself

My girlfriend

My youngest brother (I considered making the cycle off my 4 siblings and myself)

My friend

His wife
  • Subtle bump.
  • edited November 2019
    An update to the prizes, to make it more likely the playmat is given out...
    ---

For each cardsmith that enters a card for themselves and another person/cardsmith, myself will reduce the amount of people required to enter for each prize tier by 1.

By the way, will also add a counter on the main post that myself will update as participation occurs. So we know how far we've reached.
    ---
  • "I never thought I'd die alone. I laughed the loudest, who would have known! I took my time and I hurried up. The choice was mine, but I didn't think enough!"
    - My interpretations on... Blink 182's Adam's song

Backstory behind the quote: A young teen dies alone and wishes to live. Is then offered to be reincarnated in another form. But doesn't realize how others would look at that form. In turn she is treated as a monster, even though she isn't that scary.

Insert, obviously adorable Lamiae picture.

• This one was a bit of a lazy entry, since we all know @Corwinnn is a squirrel. But a two-headed squirrel?

More to come!
  • edited November 2019
    @TenebrisNemo Maybe each N is a head?

I have like 80 cards that are my avatar who are angels.
  • @KorandAngels
    Must be a new card though. Sorry!
  • I know. I don't plan on entering unless something comes up.
  • edited November 2019
    My entry:

I've posted some of my own thoughts on this card as a comment, so if any of you have the inclination to do so for some reason, they're there. In terms of my choice of name for the card, I occasionally use Jacalt as a username, as well as TheWanderer, so I combined the two.
  • edited November 2019
    1st entry
    Based off of @Red_Tower

Hey @murkletins I like this idea. Will definitely drop some more cards. Also just for clarity, how long ago constitutes old.
  • edited November 2019
    2nd entry

Based off of @Norzael
  • edited November 2019
    3rd

Based off of @fraziel07
  • @Revan
    Sorry was offline for a while. Anything before November 1st is old.
  • Been gone for a while, and thought this challenge looked Fun.

• edited November 2019
    For my Dad, Who Blew his hand off in Irac

For my Mom

• edited November 2019
    Deleted comment. Thought this art was allowed in the past, so that's my fault.
  • edited November 2019
    @HandCraftedd
    Didn't notice before, but your cards can't be entered since they are Human. Sorry, but that's the one main rule of this challenge.

Changing the tally back to beforehand. (6+/10 as of now!)
  • edited November 2019
    4th entry

Based off of @Vert
  • edited November 2019
    Made one of myself, as if there aren't enough Nicol Bolas cards out there.

• Anyone, also know what this means?

• edited November 2019
    5th entry

Based off of @Undead
  • edited November 2019
    @Revan, I've always been a big Star Wars fan, especially the canon lore. I always think Darth Revan when I see your name.

This one is based off of myself, I won't get into details, but enjoy...

• edited November 2019
    @spookoops That's why my name is what it is. Revan is my absolute favorite Sith Lord.

I prefer Legends Lore myself.
  • @murkletins I know there's no card limit, but if I'm flooding the contest with too many cards, you can tell me to stop.
  • @Revan
    You're fine doing so. Myself take it as you enjoy the challenge.
  • @murkletins You would take correctly. Myself am enjoy challenge. Much yes. ^_^
  • edited November 2019
    6th entry

Based off of me, @Revan
This discussion has been closed.