The Imerians EP#1: From the phyrexians {needs competition}

Comments

• edited December 2019
    @KorandAngels

As the portals opened, you noticed a bat fly towards you, drop a message, then fly back:

Send scholars. We've located Phyrexian ruins.

Was it a bad omen, or a great boon? Either way, you had helped them, so it was a promising lead - too promising.

Thus, you had little choice. These ruins seemed to be connected to yours, and it wasn't coincidence. It lead to the trail of purple forms of mana, and would potentially add new kinds of symbols it if paid off, so it was viable.

Your Life: 22
    My Life: 23
  • edited December 2019
    Here you go.
    A small flock of phoenixes filled the sky. As they landed, a platoon of soldiers got off and the leading phoenix flew on a few metres, and my scholar dismounted. The woman introduced herself and went towards the ruins. "These ruins seem to be connected to a few different planes. The first is New Phyrexia, but the second plane seems a bit distant." She looked closer at the portal that supposedly leads to the unknown plane. "Engraved on the portal are runes of the black and blue phyrexians. They seem to be connected to a ruin called Tyrome, on a plane called Turmoil." She walked through and was in an enormous room, with a tall pedestal in the middle. Engraved in the pedestal were images of spiders. But thew pedestal was empty. "Something used to sit here." She went back through the portal and reported back to your explorers. "The portals in the temple were used by the phyrexians to transport themselves to different planes. Another part of the ruins seem to radiate purple mana, but it seems withdrawn. I think we need to investigate that place."
  • edited December 2019
    Do I have more points?
    (I counted, I have 1 + 3 + possibly 2 if you like my story.)
    I also have a story reason to use my Pillars of Mist card.
    This costs me six points, so I can only use it if I have my story bonus:
  • edited December 2019
    @KorandAngels: YES! Legendary lands also come with a bonus: a non-land legend card.
    Keep in mind you get 1 free Planeswalker, any cost, as well, but that's your Main character, so make it good.

A purchase and an upgrade from an old 2 cost land. That nets me 29 life now.

Total: 3

• edited December 2019
    My planeswalker.
  • Ister is going to help investigate the Pillars of Mist.
  • edited December 2019
    k...
    Sauln nodded. "Welcome to Sar-Anara Coastline, but we know where the other place leads to. Zedikar - and the Eldrazi. How? Well, we have this mythical key... but it only shows Demographics to us, but every kind of demographic."

he presented the key to her, unlocking her forces to the power of Demographics, then nodded. "We're working on finding the Alencian main land presently. So far, all we have is this contingent of ships we're working on to reach the place."

{keep track of your land count with each turn you take... +lands quest counters, and there's a bonus at 100 counters}

16/100 presently.
  • edited December 2019

As the blood Kyln came into existance, they sent word of the new facility to the other team, but it would only be used as a last resort, due to how dangerous it was. Needless to say, it would probably have great use, at least a few times.

20/100 now
    2/5 towards 1 position.
    Sauln has 2 quest counters.

Mana Pool
    2 Forest/Island
    > Snow, but costs
    3 island
    3 swamp
  • edited December 2019

Now we can easily raise a weak armada, just using any kind of mana. This should prove very useful to say the least...

28/100 now
  • edited December 2019
    @KorandAngels

I'm an expert with translating jargon into roleplay. Do you see that 'exile card' thing? Precisely, you just lost the chance to play you next important card involving this temple. Consequentially, this creature is protecting the temple in that plane, and you need to deal with it to proceed!

Rarity matters. This is uncommon... so you cannot just play a normal card to deal with it. Good luck with that.

The plot is simple, this is a tamed beast, hiding in the forest, working for the Alamari tribes, guarding these ruins. But you roleplay the connection to that... possibly to win more points!

Current Plane: Turmoil
    Note: Each plane is a separate duel.
  • edited December 2019

36/100

When the druid leader arrived in the area, he looked quite stern. Glad to be there, but definitely taking a position of authority, he was ready to help the druids to study the lands found within Alencia, and the scholar they sent was also quite important.

Current Plane: Alencia

44/100
    3/5 towards 1 position.
    Sauln has 3 quest counters.

The pirates took momentum now. With the druids emerging, they could finally arrive in earnest, beginning with the more common scoundrels. The promise of land was a great incentive, and the druids were perfect for the situation... at least for now. Thus, it would come easy.
  • edited December 2019
    Before you go further, Turmoil wasn't my invention, it's a plane invented by @heroKP for the fourth in the line of Collionisers contests.
  • @KorandAngels

Dude, you are forgetting me
  • Actually I am, sorry.
  • @EnvyReaper there is no need to act like that. All @KorandAngels did was make a simple mistake.
  • Forgiven... good luck.
  • ( @Reizon was apologising to EnvyReaper)
  • I know, … anyhow, I'm just waiting on action.
  • edited December 2019

Field Researcher gains trample.

52/100
    4/5 towards 1 position.
    Sauln has 4 quest counters.

Field Researcher gains reach.

60/100
    0/5 towards 2 positions.
    Sauln has 5 quest counters.
  • edited December 2019

Field Researcher gains deathtouch.

68/100
    1/5 towards 2 positions.
    Sauln has 6 quest counters.
  • edited December 2019
    @KorandAngels

---Event---

Free upgrade to field researcher. Now an Ecco-Ranger, a master at mana.
    Retain the 3 new abilities, of course: Trample - Reach - Deathtouch.
  • So, what do I have to do? Do I make cards to respond to those Duels(?)?
  • edited December 2019
    @KorandAngels - yes.

But duels are consistent with each adventure, actually.
    Those are just obstacles in the way.

Remember the usual dual parameters, like 4 cards, max 60 and such... even drawing cards are a factor.

76/100
    2/5 towards 2 positions.
    Sauln has 7 quest counters.

As the 2nd druid arrived, the elder cordially received her for a mission dealing with infrastructure. "Remember, enchantments will be removed when we properly locate the Alencian mainland." He said, casually. She nodded, then began the development processes needed to help with the lands, thus.

84/100
    3/5 towards 2 positions.
    Sauln has 8 quest counters.

The imerian sage nodded over the situation. "I've checked. There's mainly just creatures within the Alencian lands, so we have a great opportunity to gain loads of mana."

This was a great boon, but what creatures would exist in these lands? Due to demographics, however, they knew that the Alamari tribes were being controlled by the merfolk, and they had to be dealt with in order to properly colonize this plane.

92/100
    4/5 towards 2 positions.
    Sauln has 9 quest counters.

They knew what to develop. When the artificer arrived, she knew that diving supplies were essential for them to challenge the merfolk. But for now, she was only preparing for the inevitable conflicts that would help the Alamari tribes to bond with them.
    To deal with the war-beast on turmoil.
This discussion has been closed.