MTG Cardsmith Expansion: Future Site

Since 2011, MTG Cardsmith has grown from a simple idea into a thriving custom card community with over 80,000 members, creating over 25,000 cards each month! As the creator and founder it has been my pleasure and privilege to serve the community for nearly 9 years, adding new features, hosting amazing contests, and joining the community in shared moments. Today marks a major step in the MTG Cardsmith journey - a new team with additional resources is stepping up to continue building and expanding the site! Some of you may have already met @Ian_The_Guru, the new admin for the site and the forums. Welcome Ian!

In preparation, we will be taking the site offline for a few hours over the next couple of days in order to perform some final server maintenance. Thank you for your patience at this time.

As for myself, I'm moving over to focus on my professional and family life, but will remain a community member of the site. I look forward to watching what the new group does with the site and know they have some interesting things in store ahead. Thank you all for joining me on the journey so far, it's been a pleasure and a gift.

Cheers,
-Grant

Comments

• Bye Grant. Hello Ian.
  • Sounds like a big change, I'll be interested to see where it all leads. And best of luck with your life, Grant.
  • @mtgcardsmith, It has been a pleasure, and I think we can all say that we will miss you.

@Ian_The_Guru, I look forward to what you will be working on with the site!
  • Awesome sauce! Thank you for creating this awesome community!
  • Thanks for getting an update.
  • @mtgcardsmith, I haven't been here for too long, but I still thank you heartily for what you have done.

@Ian_The_Guru, I'll join the others in welcoming you!
  • I have already noticed something; the comment format if different. Wonder if the old method for posting cards still works...
  • Here I stand among the legends. I was not here in 2011. I only recently begin to rear my head. Yet I have been here long enough to be filled with a certain appreciation of what was created. I am also filled with certain appreciation of things to come. One day, on a new generation, I will be one of the elders here. And perhaps I will have a fuller view then.

But for now, through my small window, I see a small paradise that was built, and I weep tears of joy.
  • edited March 2020
    Well spoken, @HeroKP! : )
  • Welcome to the community, Ian! Happy trails to you, Grant, and good luck!
  • Hey everyone. Thanks for the welcome!
    We've apparently come across a few bugs after moving the site over to the new servers. We thank you for your patience as we work on these issues. We hope this transition is as seamless as possible.
    After that, we'll make an announcement about who we are and what the future may hold.
  • For anyone who is having trouble publishing a card or losing its image, the problem should be solved for new cards. For cards that are missing images, you can go into edit mode and reinsert the image. That should fix the issue. We are monitoring to see if there is anything else. Thanks.
  • What about us without premium?
  • @KorandAngels - Unfortunately you'll have to remake the cards from scratch.