A Clerical Heir (Participants = Premium Prizes)

Comments

• @RayearthIX, I like what I see in your set so far, however the enchantment (instant/sorcery) must be legendary and the land need not be.
  • edited February 2020
    The Sovereignty of Varunastra

Religion: Cult of the Black Sun
    Deity: Ankur, the Great One, It Who Stalks the Beyond

King:

High Priestess:

Holy Temple:

The Reckoning:
  • @Spookoops - Would there be a problem if I just changed them each from legendary/non-legendary, but kept the card abilities and cost as is?
  • @RayearthIX, no problem, just make the enchantment legendary and you're good.

@Fallen_Lord_Vulganos one of your creatures must be a Noble, and your signature spell legendary.
  • @spookoops I edited my entry, is it now alright?
  • @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos I like those cards man. As an aside, were/are you aware that "The Valar" is actually the collective name of the deities in Tollkiens Middle-Earth?
  • @Rayne-Lord Ight then, gotta change it.
  • edited February 2020
    @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos I wasn't saying it so that you felt you had to change it, though i get for originality's sake if you do; I just thought it might be something you'd find interesting. And not to be that guy (but also kinda am) Valyria is from Game of Thrones. I'm sorry...lol i couldn't help but laughing, coming up with names is hard! There's a couple cool fantasy name generator's out there, and if you like some historical basis in your names I recommend 20,000Names.Com it's got tons of names from all different languages and cultures around the world. I often use it, and just mash the names together, or take inspiration from them in some way or other.
  • @Rayne-Lord Alright dude. I'll keep that in mind.
  • Our home, which connects the four corners of the earth across a raging sea:

Our lord, who fiercely guards the cities independence, and governs trade:

Our speaker, who communes with the ancient builders of this place and unravels their secrets and wonders:

Our power, with the wealth generated by trade we can delve ever deeper into the mysteries of The Compass Rose:
  • @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos Just name them after yourself if your so keen for it to start with V.
  • @KorandAngels Aight fam, thanks for the reminder.
  • @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos Hopefully i didn't come off as a dick there man. I agonize over names myself.
  • @Rayne-Lord Nah, it's nothing, my dude.
  • 2 more weeks for initial entries.
  • I had an oddball idea for the theme of my entry. The setting is a plane that has just come into existence as a result of another plane's implosion. As a result, it is still tiny. Perhaps, even small enough to be represented by just one legendary land.

However, the plane is expanding by the powers of some elemental clerics.

The Shaper's ultimate power is harnessing the energy left behind from the dying plane to create life.

A new plane needs a leader, and who better than the soul of the supernova incarnate. She has one goal: to spread the chaos of her new domain until all is cloaked in entropy.

• edited March 2020
    The names may be a little on the nose right now, I may rename them later. Either way, here is my entries.

image image
    image image
  • Final week for initial entries.
  • the Noble who requires the hearts of his subjects.
    http://mtgcardsmith.com/view/verenath-the-heart-stealer-1?list=user
    The Cleric who prophesies the running of Verenath's Kingdom.
    http://mtgcardsmith.com/view/gorrad-verenaths-prophesier?list=user
    The many mountains of Verenath's domain.
    http://mtgcardsmith.com/view/mist-covered-peaks?list=user
    The entrance to the shrine which Gorrad and many other clerics enter once in their life.
    http://mtgcardsmith.com/view/at-the-doors-of-arycan?list=user
  • Since most people are making actual nobles and people with high status, I decided to make something down & dirty, some 'real' nobles.

The Noble is only noble in name, and is actually quite awful. He's bullied the surface dwellers for stolen riches, and even in old age, rules his 'kingdom' with an iron fist. 

http://mtgcardsmith.com/view/bur-yur-the-goblin-king
    His right hand man is responsible for keeping them connected to their God, Mogg. Mogg is thought to be an ancient deity or demon whose constant hunger drives those who follow him to constantly feed his undying hunger

His prophets all use refuse and living offerings to gain his favor, and since Mogg is not picking, usually gives at least something with every ritual given.

http://mtgcardsmith.com/view/rogg-tog-prophet-of-mogg
    The home of Goblin Horde is an expansive cave system that's been fortified with homes and places to store stolen riches, and places where the goblins can live, rest, party, and *ahem* bolster their forces. Bur-Yur is always forcing his subjects to carve more cave to expand his kingdom, and sometimes his expansion efforts bring him close to new neighbors.

Whenever the Horde is preparing for a huge battle, a great offering is made to Mogg to bring the Horde in a battlerage, and turn what are normally hooligans into an unstoppable tide of psychopathic little monsters.

• @Blacktyger00 How did you get the image that small? The new method posts them hugely.
  • edited March 2020
    Welcome to Agrabah, city of mystery, of enchantment, and the finest merchandise this side of the River Jordan! On sale today! Come on down!
    This beautiful mural of the city only 20 dinar!

If you're not into paintings, surely you'd like to pay your respects to our noble Sultan by buying a trinket in his honor!  ;)

If you come back to my shop, I have replica JUST like the our Grand and mystical Vizier carries with him EVERY day. 

NO! NO! It's not a replica, it's...eh...the original. Yeah, mystical powers and all that.

• edited March 2020
    @KonradAngels ;go to your profile with the page with all the cards you've made and right click the image from there.
  • @WilfordGrimley Konrad? Whats a Konrad?
  • @KorandAngels, hahaha, my bad, glad you caught it anyway.  ;)
  • @spookoops - I updated my enchantment on MTGCardSmith, but I can't edit my post here anymore. So it is legendary on the site now (just not the image on this thread). 
  • @RayearthIX, Yeah, with the introduction of Ian_the_Guru to the site admin, a few things have changed, editing being one of them. Thanks for the heads up.
  • edited March 2020
    I edited my cleric, and noble there were some problems with OP and wording, so I fixed those. ( essentially getting rid of the first ones so that I don't have multiples. ) Unfortunately I can't replace the cleric and noble in my comment with the updated ones, so what should I do, Comment with the updated ones in THIS comment or just let you know I updated them?
  • edited March 2020
    @Mir-151414
    Just repost the links
This discussion has been closed.