Mystery Box Challenges

Comments

• edited April 2020

Here he is...

Also can you favourite this card please?
    http://mtgcardsmith.com/view/daughter-of-entropy

@jpastor, may i please have another box?
  • @jpastor, can I have another box?
  • @jpastor , I haven't been here in a while. Could I have a box?
  • @jpastor can I get inline for a box please.
  • Jellylike Nightmare

@jpastor another box please!
  • My entry for create a card with the commander icon: https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/seraph-grandscape-1

• edited April 2020

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/ulamogs-scout
    @jpastor my creature with annihilator
    the card type I pick is sorcery.
    I would like anothe please!
  • @jpastor, can I have another box? Also are you just gonna keep pairing @Fantastickill7 against me?
  • edited April 2020
    Here's a quick roundup of the current prizes. As a reminder, they are now on the website, but if for some reason they are not viewable to someone, I'll post content directly here upon request (minus formatting).

Next Batch of Boxes to Follow

Mystery Box Prize List - Updated 4/1/2020

0. In your batch, no one will get their prizes, but everyone can create a card for as many of the challenges as they'd like. They must post all cards they decided to create before requesting their next box.
    1. Choose an ability. A randomly chosen box in the next batch will have a challenge that must also include this ability.
    2. Pick a rarity. A randomly chosen Mystery Box in the next batch will have a challenge to create a card that is the chosen rarity.
    3.  Provide a link to artwork. A randomly chosen Mystery Box in the next batch will have a challenge that must also use the chosen artwork.
    4. ?
    5. Two favorites of my choice -or- one of your choice
    6. ?
    7. ?
    8. Pick a mana cost for a random challenge to have tacked on to it in the next batch
    9. Double prize contents in your next box
    10. Choose a name. A randomly chosen box in the next batch will have a challenge that is also to create a card of the chosen name.
    11. ?
    12. Featured Card
    13.  Name a subtype. I will choose a random challenge in the next batch of boxes to also include the subtype as part of the challenge.
    14. Spotlight a card
    15. Two favorites of my choice
    16. Five favorites of your choice
    17. ?
    18. ?
    19. Three favorites of your choice
    20. ?
    21. ?
    22. Create a Community Mystery Prize
    23. Open the Community Mystery Box.
    24. Create a Monthly Challenge: This challenge will be an optional tack-on challenge for 1 month. 
    25. ?
    26. Create a challenge that a random box in the next batch will have tacked-on to its mystery challenge.
    27. ?
    28. Create a Weekly Challenge. This challenge will be an optional tack-on challenge for 1 week. 
    29. 2 favorites of my choice + 3 of your choice
    30. Two favorites of your choice
    31. ?
    32. 1 favorite for every box with a prize this batch
    33. You may reshuffle this box's mystery challenge.
    34. Create a Mystery Box prize
    35. Choose a color. A randomly chosen box in the next batch will have a challenge that is also to create a card of the chosen color.
    36. Favorites on your two most recently created cards
    37. ?
    38. ?
    39. Playmat
    40. Gotta Pay the Boss Sometime: Favorite 2 of jpastor's cards in exchange for a non-premium prize of your choice.
    41. Choose any prize you want (other than paid for prizes)
    42. One favorite for every box with a prize in this batch
    43. ?
    44. A Follow
    45. 1 favorite of your choice + 1 of my choice
    46. ?
    47. Name any revealed, unnamed Mystery Box prize.
    48. ?
    49. Create an encounter
    50. 3 favorites of my choice + 1 of your choice
    51. ?
    52. Reveal an unrevealed gift from the Community Mystery Box, you get the prize.
    53. Pick a card type.
    54. Favorites on your three most recently created cards
    55. ?
    56. ?
    57. ?
    58. One favorite of my choice
    59. Favorite 1 of jpastor's cards for a random prize
    60. ?
    61. One favorite of your choice
    62. Pick a set of 10 prize #'s (up to 1 premium prize can be in your set). You get 1 prize at random from that set.
    63. Favorites on your five most recently created cards
    64. ?
    65. ?
    66. 4 favorites of my choice -OR- 2 of your choice
    67. ?
    68. Gifted Premium
    69. A randomly chosen box in the next batch will have a challenge that is to create you.
    70. I will add you on XBOX.
    71. Choose between 2 challenges
    72. Reveal an unrevealed prize and name it.
    73. Make a Daily Challenge
    74. Giveable Mystery Box with a prize
    75. The Mystery Box Avatar
    76. 2 favorites of my choice + 1 of your choice
    77. Reveal an unrevealed prize from either prize list
    78. 3 favorites of my choice + 2 of your choice
    79. Create a new way to open the Community Mystery Box.
    80. Rename a prize that's already been given a name.
    81. Reveal an unrevealed prize from the Mystery Box prize list.
    82. Reveal an unrevealed prize from the Mystery Box prize list. You get that prize.
    83. Reveal an unrevealed prize from the Mystery Box prize list. You get to name that prize.
    84. Reveal an unrevealed prize from the Mystery Box prize list. You get to name that prize and you get that prize.
    85. Reveal an unrevealed prize from the CMB list
    86. Reveal an unrevealed prize from the CMB list; you name the prize.
    87. You can decline this box's mystery challenge to open the Community Mystery Box.
    88. ?
    89: The Cardsmith Hapax Legomenon: Revise a challenge of your choice from this batch to make it more difficult.
    90: CMB #13: Two Cardsmiths fight.
    91: CMB #34: Flip a coin: Mono-colored cards from the last batch get faved (heads) or destroyed (tails).
    92: CMB #72: 1 fave of my choice + 3 faves of your choice
    93: You get a random prize from this batch
    94: ?
    95: Yisan's Lyre Solo: Pick any non-premium prize.
    96.  Challenge any rated cardsmith to a duel.
    97. ?
  • edited April 2020
    Mystery Box Batch:

@Abu_Jafar
    I see your card, but can't find it on MTGCardsmith. Maybe you've deleted it? Your mystery box contains:
    [NEW PRIZE!67: Faves on your 4 most recently made cards
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature with the rampage ability.

@Fantastickill7
    Your mystery box contains:
    - 77: Reveal an unrevealed prize from either the Mystery Box prize list or the Community Mystery Box prize list. (The following prize #'s are the only ones currently revealed from the Community Prize list: 1334, and 72 out of 150. Remember that when a CMB prize is revealed it automatically gets added to the standard Mystery Box prize list.)
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a Mox Artifact.

@Bobman111
    Yes, it looks like you haven't been here since Apr 2018. I reckon you would like a brand new box instead of completing your old one that you never finished. However, I have a better idea. Looks like for some reason you have 1-2 incomplete challenges. I say 1-2 because it looks like I gave you a box, then I gave you another box before you submitted a card for the first box. So maybe you completed 1 or both of these, but I just can't find those cards if you did. So I will create a new box for you that has 3 challenges - both incomplete challenges and one new challenge. You can select which challenge you would like to submit a card for. You only need to submit 1 card. Your mystery box contains:
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature card with "Phyrexian" in its name.
    A Mystery Challenge: Create a noncreature card with "Goblin" in its name.
    A Mystery Challenge: Create a card that uses word changing in its mechanics.

@Dizzydude
    - 62: Pick a set of 10 prize #'s (up to 1 premium prize can be in your set). You get 1 prize at random from that set.
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature with the rampage ability.

@LyndonF
    - 50: 3 favorites of my choice + 1 of your choice
    - A Mystery Challenge: Curiosity is a slang mechanic for "When this creature deals combat damage to a player, draw a card." There is an Aura named Curiosity. Like so, there is an Aura for Lifelink, etc. Using any custom mechanic or existing MTG slang mechanic, create an Aura for that mechanic. Please credit any Card Smith if you happen to use their custom mechanic.

@zamshala
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a Mox Artifact.

@Ranshi
    No, I've received good feedback and have decided to make pairings random instead of matching up by rating. Your mystery box contains:
    - A Mystery Challenge: Curiosity is a slang mechanic for "When this creature deals combat damage to a player, draw a card." There is an Aura named Curiosity. Like so, there is an Aura for Lifelink, etc. Using any custom mechanic or existing MTG slang mechanic, create an Aura for that mechanic. Please credit any Card Smith if you happen to use their custom mechanic.

@jpastor
    - 67: Faves on your 4 most recently made cards
    - A Mystery Challenge: Whichever challenge Bobman111 selects + it must also be a Sorcery card.
  • @jpastor
    For my last box it said I had a 50/50 chance of getting the prize of my choice, I take it that I didn't make the cut since you haven't said anything. 
  • I'd like to reveal prize 67.
    @jpastor, can I have another box?
  • edited April 2020
    Deleted. (Editing the card.)
  • edited April 2020

@jpastor, yes sorry about that, I accidentally deleted my entry from cardsmith, and I never got around to reposting it. Anyways hopefully I don't accidentally delete this one as well.

May i have another box?
  • @jpastor can you send me the list of prizes?
  • @Dizzydude, he just sent a list, and linked you to a website with the list as well.
  • edited April 2020

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/burning-altisaur-1
    @jpastor for my list of ten, #44 #29 #39 #16 #41 #52 #62 #82 #84 #95 hopefully theirs only one premium in their. If not just tell me.  ;)
    Another box please!
  • Still working on the boxes...

@Fantastickill7
    Hey dude, you asked me for a list of prizes, and I posted it on here. I've yet to hear back from you on which prize you want your shot at. Also, we revealed prize 67 in the batch after the post with the list of prizes. Please choose another prize to reveal.  

@Dizzydude
    Sorry, seems like prize 41 didn't save correctly, but it is a premium prize as well, which gives you 2 premiums in the list. As well, you opted to select prize 62. which would be a redundancy since it is the same prize that lets you pick 10 prizes. You can sub in two different prizes to complete the list. Sub out prize 62 and one of the two premiums real quick and I'll get your prize results back to you!

• edited April 2020
    @jpastor k I’ll put these in #23 and.....well I’ll just say #9
  • edited April 2020
    @jpastor My bad, lets reveal 56.
    here's a list
    19. 23. 29. 30. 39. 44. 59. 40. 84. 95.
  • @jpastor, can I have a box?
  • Freeze

@jpastor another box please!
  • @jpastor how much does it cost to buy me a box?
  • Nothing! Just your soul and sanity! (just kidding, it's free.)
  • @jpastor , sorry for not being here for quite a while! Here's your card, this time not filling the optional challenge but just being good.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/murble-the-bog-shaper

Another box, please.

• Create a creature card with "Phyrexian" in its name.

You cannot put phyrexian mana into planeswalker mana costs, so i made it on MTG.Design
  • @jpastor Another box would be wonderful good sir
  • @jpastor I know I am late to the party, but it's done. The challenge was the following:

- A Mystery Challenge: Create a mythic rare Sorcery that has an ability that starts with "Each player."

Intellect Esumation Now, can I have another box, please?
This discussion has been closed.