Post your cards here. Actually see what others think.

Comments

• edited April 2020
    Abu_Jafar Good Card. I think it is a little Strong then again it's a legendary so it's not too strong. it's a little confusing.

Next Up

Kruld The Slayer
  • Do you like it?
  • I'm not so sure about this card.
    Shirames Wasteland Princess
    What do you guys think? It should be a realistic card, but I'm not so sure about how good it is overall. It does create three specters every round potentially, but then again, I'm not an expert. I'll gladly take constructive criticism.
  • @Scaccogaming
    Be sure to leave feedback (or a like) on the card preceding you if you wish to post your own.
  • Scaccogaming It's a good card, maybe add a tap for the spirit generator, or at least bump up the mana cost.
  • edited April 2020
    @pjbear2005 First thing's first, the wording isn't quite right. It should probably read as follows:

Suspend 12--{U} [It should technically be a long-dash here. Little thing, but it matters.]

At the beginning of your upkeep, if Stormclock Constellation is suspended, you may move a time counter from each of any number of permanents you control onto Stormclock Constellation. [Not utterly certain about whether or not there should be an "each of" here, but it feels more likely to me than not]

Shuffle each nonland permanent into its owner's library.

In terms of design, the card is a bit strange. With a few exceptions, you want your permanents on the battlefield (with vanishing) to have more counters so that they stick around for longer, and your suspended cards to be getting less so that you can play them faster. While it's entirely possible that you've worded this correctly and want it operating with Chronozoa and Reality Acid, I suspect that might've got the ability the wrong way round and that it should be moving time counters from the Stormclock Constellation onto your permanents.

In its current form, it doesn't seem particularly powerful and there are better tools for the job it's doing. The other way around, it could be far more notable.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The next card for consideration is this. To forestall the potential question, the power / toughness box for {[3]} is the real one instead of text (and so looks somewhat odd) due to the character limit Cardsmith so inconveniently applies. Oh well. Give it a favorite and / or some sort of (preferably useful) comment, then post up to two cards of your own.

• @pjbear2005 This is not very good imo and it has few practical applications. Waiting 12 turns to more or less Terminus everything that isn't a land sounds pretty bad to me, and the first ability is extremely niche in use - the only two things I could find that you would ever want to use it with are Deadly Grub and Chronozoa - especially when it only makes actually casting it via suspend even longer.

• edited April 2020
    @Damnation We've somehow managed to ninja each other using the original concept and its spawn. Wow.
  • @MemoryHead I like your card a lot! I like @Suicidal_Deity’s suggestion, but I like your card how you designed it as well! Your cards have been super cool lately! I faved your card.

@Damnation I think your card is cool! I’m going to drop a fave on it!

My card (also designed for @MemoryHead’s circuit challenge):

Life Cycle
  • @shadow123 commented
    Next up:

Made using the "Pick your Poison" mechanic invented in GDS3. Leave a useful comment or favorite, then post up to two cards of your own.
  • @TheCenterOfTheUniverse

I think the cost could be 4RR. I think the cost right now is too restrictive.

Next up:
    http://mtgcardsmith.com/view/royal-ceremony

• Pretty sweet for Feather, if a bit costly. Could be fun with some other cards like Torimi or why not Taijic? Feels fair or at least not backbreaking.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/heatrush-ceratops
  • edited April 2020
    @DragonSage Reminds me of Questing Beast, in that it's a card I absolutely hate to see because unless I have a response to it right now it's probably going to cause some trouble. Though thankfully it's far more fair than Questing Beast.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/aquamarine-carbuncle
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/onyx-carbuncle 

Part of a cycle. I made one for each color. The general idea behind each is the same.
  • edited April 2020
    @Level20GnollBard, your carbuncle cats are very simple but very useful. Their power level seems fair and they are very reasonable for an uncommon, well done.

Any thoughts on this?

• @Dizzydude
    Vengeful Sea:
    I think the word you want to use is greatest, not highest. Cool idea!

Forefront Bowmen:
    I'd make this a 1/1. Another very interesting idea!

My card:
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/dominant-archangel
  • @shadow123

Great idea.
    Think it should be a legendary

My card:
    Izzi The Izzet Oracle

• edited April 2020
    @joemamajoe, I'm pretty sure Izzi goes infinite with any spell as long as you are heckbent. Seems very dangerous, especially since you're bound to be out of cards by turn 7.
  • edited April 2020
    @Temurzoa
    I've commented on your card!

NEXT UP:

http://mtgcardsmith.com/view/drake-gladis-revel-rogue
    http://mtgcardsmith.com/view/aaron-tortured-revenant

Comment on Drake or Aaron and/or leave a like then post up to two cards of your own!
  • @Faiths_Guide  

Love Aaron! I think it saying "leaves the battlefield" could cause some broken flicker synergy.

Dragonlord Halikeer

• @General
    Your dragonlord is quite an interesting card! I think you could make it a 3/6, maybe even a 4/6. It isn't very powerfyul as a legendary mythic as it is. Then, you don't need a period after hexproof and "one" should be "1" because you are talking about life. These are just small nitpicks, so keep up the great work! I'd also love to hear more backstory about this character.

My card:

Lightning General
  • @shadow123 Nice concept, and I do like the continuation of the Boros and their lightning minotaurs. In practice, this is significantly underpowered. Here's a quick breakdown of why:

- On the turn you play it, this is an investment of five mana for a low-quality blocker that, at this moment, has no relevant abilities. The mana cost of playing this and playing a few instants or sorceries and paying the mana tax needed to buff even a single creature for a few extra points of power in a single turn is so steep that it'll effectively never occur.

- Even once this survives a turn, the buff it gives isn't actually very good. If you think about it, the buff being given reads something like a terrible version of prowess that specifically needs mana investment and instant and sorcery spells and only gives power buffs in return for when you're attacking. Think over that. It's as bad as it sounds.

- Cards to compare might be compared are Soulblade Djinn and Strongarm Monk. Both are cards that simply provide real prowess to your entire board, costing the same amount of mana as Lightning General with far better stats. They're in different colors, but if anything red should be being more aggressive than them.

My recommendations for Lightning General would be as follows:

- Increase the power to something genuinely useful.
     - Lower the mana cost (adapting the stats to fit). I don't know, you could make it a 3 mana 3/3 or something. Your call.
     - Remove the mana cost from the attack trigger. That cost cripples the card, making it overly slow and heavily limiting what you can do with it (because you've also got to sink mana into playing the instants and sorceries to get the buff, and collectively those cost a lot).

I'd recommend that you keep the buff to strictly power and only instant and sorcery spells, though. Those give it a degree of originality comparing to the earlier examples.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Up next is this, a card employing the spark test mechanic seen among the mystery booster test cards. Give it a favorite and / or some sort of useful comment, then post up to two cards of your own.

• @MemoryHead Thanks a lot for the feedback, I originally had this at a lower mana cost, but I was struggling with its power level a lot. Your feedback is very helpful!
  • edited April 2020
    @MemoryHead Nice card! I think there is a lot of design potential for the Spark mechanic!

Next up:
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/floral-timer
  • @tookie1 Seems very narrow in scope. There's only 39 nobles in all of MtG, after all. I think this card would be fine as is if it targeted any non-beast creature instead of just nobles. I do like the flavor of the card, though, and i'm giving you a favorite for that alone.

My contribution:

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/vritra-demon-of-drought
  • @Level20GnollBard In terms of balance, Vritra is probably acceptable-ish (though it's certainly a powerful reanimation target in slower games). The card acknowledges the oppressive nature of the abilities and costs enough that actually getting them by hard-casting is appropriately difficult. The immediate, major issue with the card, in fact, is the color identity.

While the limiting of how many lands a player untaps during their untap step isn't something that's appeared a lot throughout MTG's history (with good reason), it's certainly neither black nor green in the color pie. More or less all of the examples of this untap-restricting exist in white and blue (or colorless in the case of Winter Orb, but that card's as old as the hills and not necessarily something you want to be replicating), which makes me think that this should be in different colors (probably white-blue, of course).

Of course, if you were to change the color and that kind of thing, you'd also have to think about reworking the flavor and the final ability. Azorius doesn't really do demons, trample, untapping your lands and art of giant snake monsters. In other words, the card probably needs a significant rework.

Next, this. I'm aware of the minor wording error which should read "If you would discard a card, exile THAT CARD instead.", but this was literally on the character limit and so it wasn't something I could correct. Give it a favorite and / or a comment, then post up to two cards of your own.

• @MemoryHead

Great idea.
    Don't see anything wrong with it.

My card:

Angel Detainer

• @joemamajoe
    The reminder text for it should be formatted like it is on Rapacious Dragon, and the jail should have an uppercase J.
    Other than that, it seems more accurate to the theme to have it be a 2/4.  White/blue can easily buff fliers with things like spirit of the spires.

Good creature though.  I think it is the right rarity and cost.
    Commentary on this?