Planar Bang

Comments

• edited April 2020

• I'm glad I found this contest when I did. I didn't even know about it, but I created cards that are perfect for it just a few days ago! Enjoy and hope you like!

A magic zone is a is a large zone within the world where magic acts strange, causing mysterious and wondrous effects on all who dwell within the zone. Sometime these effects are beneficial, sometimes they are not. Those who know how to use the zones to their benefit are those who succeed and survive, those who do not are those who perish. These zones can either be naturally occurring and random, or artificial and intentional.

image image image image image image
  • Here's a new creature for the world, and an interesting little mechanic. Since it's a dream world with unpredictable magic zones and landscapes the creatures of this world are ever changing and adapting, they have to be to fit into the ever changing world and survive!
  • edited April 2020
    Probably coulda worded the effect a little better.
    (Creatures with adaptable enter the battlefield with additional counters on them, based on the mana type used to play them.)
    That seems a little better I think!
    Also I think just to keep things fair, I would rule that creatures can not enter the battlefield with more than 1 of any counter type using this effect. That prevents people from stacking +1/+1 counters with this effect, since the other counters don't really stack like that and the effect as written could become  an unfair advantage for green players.
  • Another two cards I made previously that fits the dream theme quite well!
  • ooooooh

all very nice cards!
  • Thanks I'm glad you like them!
  • Two Days Left Until Stage Two Ends!

Sorry for the late announcement, I was super busy with personal stuff and projects for university that I forgot completely to say here that the date was aproaching.

To make up for it the deadline has been moved to the 23rd, and I'll move it fruther if anyone still needs time
  • One last entry lol, couldn't help myself!
    It is the worst nightmare ever dreamt, one that devours other dreams. It's said that one day it will devour all dreams, and the nightmare will become so vicious that the dreamer will finally be awakened ending existence as we know it. Or so the prophesy goes.
  • oooh, very noice!
  • Thanks! I just noticed that the power and toughness were not added to the card. for some reason it kept unchecking the box on me so I guess I forgot to check it again before publishing lol. It's suppose to be a 0/0 if that's not obvious.
  • edited April 2020
    This is The Last Day For Stage Two!

If you need more time, say it now!
  • https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/brightbough-forest
    Brightbough Forest
    Should be a forest...oops!

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/manabloom-grove-1
    Manabloom Grove

Meant to post these (and make some other stuff) earlier, but school is picking up as finals approach. 
  • I don't mind if it's too late for them to be judged, I just wanted to post them anyways, so show what I had imagined
  • @SkyeSeraph, question. What are the fade counters for?

• @Abu_Jafar Fading is a mechanic that only appeared in the Nemesis set, and kind of got replaced by the vanishing mechanic, which was slightly more intuitive when it came to counters and gave them an excuse to give the counters a new name (time counters) that could also be used on other things (like suspend). Here's a reprint of one of the cards that used it:

• @MemoryHead, ah, thanks for the example! I forgot about fading.
  • edited April 2020
    very noice!

and no @SkyeSeraph, it's not too late for them, I'll announce the end of the stage when I wake up wich will be early tomorow for me (day is bout to end rn haha) to give an opportunity for last minute entries to everyone who's day ends after mine

also for the token you could've just said "fading 2" instead of fading plus a fade counter
  • Stage Two Has Ended! Judging Will Begin!
  • Hey! I have my series, Emroth! 

Origin: Emroth was an elder dragon, the Twin of Ugin. After he was exiled and laid to rest on an empty world, he slept for thousands of years. The dragon shaped islands of Emroth were formed. But some say that Emroth will wake again someday...

• uhm @SNAPcreator7 I think you got confused on the contest you sent this to?

also the twin of ugin is nicol bolas
  • oof I did sorry

• and Emroth is the secret twin no one knew about

• Its the main part of the set
  • I'm excited for part 3
  • lmao, and I'm glad to hear
  • edited April 2020
    the results of part 2 will be posted as early as I finish em tomorow!

or today if it's already the date for u like it is for me haha

wanted to finish it "today" but stuff got in the way
  • Quick question: I am quite interested in this collab, but didn't have the time to actually join. Is it a problem if I send my ideas for the future stages?
  • no it's not a problem, anyone can join at any point even if they missed a previous stage @Scaccogaming

This discussion has been closed.