COLONISERS: Season 6!!! (Colonisers of Skyfaoll)

Comments

• Is it a big red button that says "do not touch"?
  • edited May 2020
    @spookoops

The leader of the faction is male (or rather, would be male since they aren't coming to fruition fully in this season, of course) in this case, and plus, that depends on the plane. Generally they're female, but there's Amonkhet with male angels, Duler Angels (which are mutated humans) are both male and female. Ravnica's Firemane angels are all clones of Razia, so that's why they're female specifically. As for Inn-

Blah blah blah, MTG lore; the male art was specifically needed for the faction leader, plus angels on whatever their home plane is are from the ascension of saints, so they aren't tied to a specific sex or gender.

@HeroKP

Oh, I didn't know that. Okey dokey! A ping for that would be much appreciated, thank you. I suppose the angels may enter that saga should their presence be fitting. I do hope so because I brought back miracle for it, and even though this is crossed out, it's purely for the chaotic nature of doing that and it's actually not a joke I've enjoyed creating the faction so far.
  • Just edited my original comment with some extra cards and more lore for the Wildbonded.
  • *slams button repeatedly*
  • I updated my original comment with new cards and lore.
  • Finished my faction. I'm glad I decided to switch from Qaedis to Tetravain since I couldn't figure out where I wanted to go with Qaedis while Tetravain is in my favorite color set.
  • The Hive continues to want. To need. To greave its hollowness, its empty sorrow. It exists only in a state of evolution, and it sees its enemies as prey, not just as things to be fought. The more sentience it gains, the more beings it can find, crush, and assimilate. The more it assimilates, the more sentience it gains. Thus, the cycle rages on. Crushing on. Taking more whenever it can.
  • edited May 2020

(My first Colonizers, let’s see if this works!)

The Blackfair Accord is a confederation, composed of an alliance between three factions; the Senate of Blackfair (W/U), the Sarkhov Federation (W/B), and the Quietus League (U/B). Representatives from these three factions comprise the Blackfair Council, along with the faction’s chairman, Anderus. 

Senate of Blackfair: Authority has always existed within Blackfair civilization, but the Senate only fully coalesced in response to the Sarkhov Federation’s economic dominance and the Quietus League’s increasingly escalating heists and attacks. They forced the two warring factions into signing the Blackfair Accord, which led to an alliance between all three groups. The Senate is the law in Blackfair, passing edicts with guidance from the other groups and their citizens. 

Sarkhov Federation: Before the signing of the Blackfair Accord, the Sarkhov Federation was an oppressive economic force that extorted small businesses and controlled a significant amount of the wealth in Blackfair. They created a monopoly on mana, forcing the retaliatory formation Quietus League and eventually the Senate. After the signing, the Sarkhov Foundation is still a powerful force, as it takes a cut out of the profits of its subordinates, but it also has a role as a steward of Blackfair’s economy. 

Quietus League: Before the Blackfair Accord, the Quietus League was a messy, disorganized organization of rogues, scoundrels, and miscreants. However, under the guidance of a leader, a famous bandit by the name of Marco Robbin, they banded together to form a league in response to the Sarkhov Federation’s oppression, robbing and killing many Sarkhov aristocrats. However, innocent citizens often got caught up in their tactics. Now, the Quietus operatives enforce the will of the Senate and the Federation if needed, but they’re an independent organization and conduct their own operations. 

Magic

Mana is highly prevalent in Blackfair, with leylines being prevalent in the city. Even the lowliest commoner has the capacity to cast simple spells. The Senate of Blackfair specializes in nullifying magic and in teleportation spells. The Sarkhov Federation uses some minor sangromancy and the like, but they typically acquire wealth through nonmagic means. The Quietus League uses magic the most often, whether it be for information-gathering purposes, stealth, or incapacitating foes. Blackfair magic comes in a wide variety, from necromancy to elemental magic. 

Army and Scouting

The official army of Blackfair is overseen by the Senate. Their equipment and training is paid for by the Sarkhovs, and they’re usually very well prepared for battle. However, if worst comes to worst, the citizens of Blackfair have fighting capabilities. The scouting is usually left up to the Quietus League, who use their stealth and mind-manipulating capabilities to their advantage... however, the Alliance has an ace up its sleeve when it comes to scouting... 

Chairman Anderus

The de facto ruler of Blackfair. He is the voice of the citizens of Blackfair, consulting the council to pass whatever edicts would benefit the populace most. Unlike some of his predecessors, he strongly believes that the people should come first. 

Other Cards

<More will go here soon, just wanted to get the important stuff out of the way here first!>

• @TezzeretofCarmot21 ;

How prestigious! Thanks for the entry.
  • I've added some bonus cards if you haven't already seen them.
  • edited May 2020
    So right now we’ve got:
    @KorandAngels with The Stewards of Qigang
    @pjbear2005 with The Disciples of Corvid-19
    Myself with The Seresi Enclave
    @Stryk3r with The Phyrexian Invaders
    @Aggroman15 with The Wildbonded
    @ThatOneCat with The Banewood
    @spookoops with Midnight Sunrise
    @MiloMindbender with The Pact
    @Tommia with The Witnesses
    @Bowler218 with Gerrilla Savasi
    @Daedalus_The_All_Father with Tetrevain’s Followers
    @MonkeyPirate2002 with The Blackbird Syndicate
    @TezzeretofCarmot21 with The Blackfair Accord
    @Xero0 with The Cult of the Wheel
    @DrakeGladis with The Worldsoul
    thats 13 by my count (if I got something wrong make sure to correct me)
  • * The Witnesses. If the entirety of Ignisp came onto Skyfaol it'd be a bloodbath. 
  • I'm making stuffs...
    We will be The World
  • We do have to warn everyone that the quality of entries this time around is a lot higher than is average for the series.

While this is inherently a good thing, it is also an obstacle, since that means that we will have to keep the doors closed for some people who would have probably made it into another season.

So...    \(._.)/
  • That's understandable. 
  • I’ll do my best to balance mine well, then.
  • A WEEK LEFT! 7 DAYS!

For a week still people may enter, but me and @EnvyReaper are going to start selecting a definitive roster. Cards, prepare to be analysed! 

\(._.)/\(._.)/\(._.)/\(._.)/
  • The Cult of The Wheel

A mysterious cult who's influence spans beyond the known multiverse, with it's followers appearing in almost every known plane; they possess magic that allows for interplanar travel without the assistance of a planeswalker, how they've achieved this is unkown but they were capable of this even moments after the mending, it's likelly that this is because the influence of their master is one that surpasses time itself.

They follow a dark master that they worship like a god, and although they consider him one, they dare not compare him to the gods that are bound to the planes they inhabit, rather they consider him an even higher being; this is in contrast with, or perhaps because of their belief that their god was born human and ascended to the status of godhood through his own power and machinations.

Their master is said to be a planeswalker that obtained both angelic and demonic powers, detroned gods, feasted on the power of elder elementals, and assimilated knowledge from countless of libraries, all before reigniting his spark by stealing the sparks of a 100 planeswalkers using the Elderspell that Nicol Bolas failed to use.

He is said to already exist while also simultaneously be created both by his actions and the actions of the cult, wich he guides from the future through the use of mental and temporal magic, creating a temporal loop that results in his own creation; the "Wheel" that the cult likes to reference so much is supposed to be this loop, an orchestra that everyone in the multiverse follows unkowingly, like a horse in a carousel, tied down to the whims of the showmaster of the carnival; a symbology that some members of the cult have incorporated into their... practices.

It is unkown, even to the members of the cult, at what exact point of the loop we are, wether he's already been born, had his spark ignited, ascended to godhood, no one knows, no one but him; he does however allow his subjects visions of his plans, wich they use to carry out his will; dedicated seers exist within the cult for this purpose.

It is said the last step for his ascention, and what marks the "end" of the loop, is his first physical appearence to his subjects, guided by one of his 12 Archbishops, he'd appear to them as an ascended planeswalker god, his body transformed far beyond his human origins, descending like a twisted angel into a plane they'd conquered for him, wich he'd then consume the plane's world soul, completely erasing it's identity and absorving it's powers into his own being, reaching his final step to become the most powerful being in the multiverse and starting a multiversal conquest that would last for eternity.

Commander:

This is what the cult is doing in this plane. Medea The pale, the 7th Archbishop of The Wheel, believes that Skyfaoll is the plane wich shall bring her master's final ascention, and she'll do anything to conquer it.

She is an albino gorgon from an unkown plane, due to off comments she's made it is known that her plane was technologically advanced and many species such as gorgons saw discrimination from the much larger elven and dwarven species, she devouts herself to her master, likelly because he's given her a much better life than she's ever known.

All 12 of the Archbishops have inmense magical power that they obtain from a contract that they perform with their god. She is known to be able to use this power to assume a beastial form that towers above the clouds of most planes.

Army:

Although most of the cult's forces are made up of their own members, wich range to all known species in the multiverse, including even gods, angels, and demons, the cult is rarely known for an all out war, rather manipulating things from the shadows, however, when they do bring it to the battlefield, their forces are composed primarely of Thrulls that they've constructed from the bodies left over from all their rituals and sacrifices, an army they've amassed for millenia wich adds only more materials for itself whenever it rampages on the battlefield; although undead, devils, and powerful sentient beings will join in to support them as well.

Magic:

The cult's members magical practices can range to any type of magic, however the magic that they've standardised to teach their members is that wich requires rituals to cast, sacrifices of body, soul, and mind. That wich allows them to bring forth powers they should not be able to wield, that wich lets them bind those powers to their will and serve their master.

Scouting:

Many members of the cult are adept seers, both naturally seeing, and being granted visions of that wich their master requires them to do, and of what will come to pass regardless of their actions.
  • edited May 2020
    Bonus:

The cult's members are many and are hidden in almost every plane one can imagine, connected to the rest through magic they keep hidden, to kill one might lead to retaliation from curses unforseen.

Many members of the cult form pacts with magical beings to make them their familiars, devils are just the most common familiar for a typical member.
    The prossess for making thrulls is widely known amongst the cult, and their uses are even more varied than their forms.

The cult's influence reaches far, and their tactics for gaining members are many, before they even set foot into a plane it's likelly they've already amassed a good number of individuals willing to listen to their propisitions.

Their connections are many.

The cult is not unkown to machines, they posses many artifacts, those of their own creation tend to lean towards the macabre, such as twisted carnival rides and statues that feel suffering and joy in performing their given tasks, be wary when they convene, for they're bound to bring such abominations to protect their sects.

Even beings such as higher demons have joined the ranks of the cult, some in reverense of the being that will inevitably surpass them, some in fear of his power, some simply want to see the wheel turn from the side that wont be run over.

Those powerful beings that are loyal and devoted to their master are given the title of bishop, and are made to serve sects as guides and protectors, though this task is not without it's joys.

This knowledge is known by very few individuals outside of the cult, primarely only those that have dedicated themselves to the seemingly futile attempt of stopping them.

Mechanically the cult deals mainly in discard/madness with a side of scry/fateseal and -1/-1 counters, and it uses basically every creature type and card type aside of lands.

Hope you like it ;P
  •  Just gonna drop a few more lore cards.

• @Stryk3r Not sure if you know this already, but the art for Rise of Kraynox is on an existing card, Yawgmoth's Vile Offering:

• @Aggroman15 I know. Some of my previous cards also used official art, and I wouldn't be surprised if I had to rely on official art for later cards as well.
  • @Stryk3r Ok! Wasn't sure if it was on purpose, so I figured I'd tell you just in case.
  • The weave of magic in Skyfaoll has been disturbed by these new arrivals.  What was once a calm sheet has become a swirling, flowing mess.  And in one swamp, these eddies and currents have formed a new creation.  A naiad crawls onto shore, confused as to why she exists.  And later, while gusting around a forest, the wind itself becomes trapped and forced into physical form.  Horrified and bewildered, it runs away as fast as it can, trying to leave its body behind, but to no avail.
    All over, these creatures are being created, and the weave reflects this strain.  But not for long, as a call comes out from over the weave, demanding they congregate to revoke these threats.  None can resist its persuasive movements.
    Leader:

Xiresis is the one sending out the call.  He had been one of the first to awaken and had been right in a leypoint, granting him much power.  His beckons bring the others to him, and they agree that this is untenable.  It will be up to them to right the land so they can rid themselves of these forms and go back to blissful unconciousness.
    Army:

To this end, they all swore to do their best, although some were more eager than others.  The army of the world was now formed, and it would not settle for less than the extermination of all those who would meddle.
    Scouts:

There was a slight issue, however.  By bringing together all of these creatures, Xirexis had made it so that they weren't spread out, and now the terrain had changed.  Those who were granted wings took to the air to find out what had happened.  Meanwhile, Xirexis himself began obesrving the world through the leylines, seeing how they shifted and predicting the results from there.
    Magic:

Magic formed these spirits, and it continues to be used by all of them.  Without magic they would cease to exist, and so there is a good bit of love-hate going on here.  The goal is to get the magic as it was so that they don't exist, but to do that effectively, they are going to have to use it, muddling it further.  The best caster would probably be Eristeg, who managed to stay fluid enough to take on other forms after killing them.

• @DrakeGladis We don't usually see factions native to the plane, and this is an interesting take on it.  Can't wait to see what your faction has in store!
  • oooh, pretty interesting

the plane reacting to the mass coming of invaders and perhaps an inevitable fate? lmao and tries to protect itself

sounds very interesting
  • I prefer doing it like this rather than invading.  Thanks @MonkeyPirate2002 and @Xero0 ; for the positive attention
    The faction name would probably be Worldsoul
  • I'll be posting Misc. cards soon!
This discussion has been closed.