Eternal Enlightenment (Closed)

Comments

• Another idea.
  • So, does anyone have any thoughts on my remember mechanic?
  • edited May 2020
    @LordTachanka123 From what I've seen of it, it's basically a reskin of imprint aimed specifically at the graveyard. Since imprint was basically one of the most open-ended mechanics in existence for design, it's probably not something you can really have thoughts on without seeing specific cards.
  • No, it seems pretty stable and sound to me.
  • Also, why is it Simic but not Simic?

(I guess we're making cards now...)
  • edited May 2020
    No, these are just mock ups.
    And what do you mean "Simic but not Simic."?
  • Here's an example @MemoryHead:

Aspiring Adventurer    1rg
    Human Soldier         Common
    Whenever Aspiring Adventurer attacks, you may have it remember a legendary creature(Exile that creature. It becomes remembered.)
    {t}:Add one mana of any color of a remembered creature.
    2/1
  • Oh, sorry about the black border.
  • @LordTachanka123 Have you missed a "from the graveyard" clause from the reminder text on that example? I feel like you have.

The aforementioned point of "it's probably not something you can really have thoughts on without seeing specific cards" still stands, though. Since it's so open-ended by itself, it's basically a case of the mechanic being fine and just having to evaluate every card using it individually because they'll all be using it individually.
  • @MemoryHead, no, you exile the card from the battlefield.
  • edited May 2020
    @LordTachanka123 Do they all exile from the battlefield? Regardless, it definitely needs to target and it's certainly a lot less sane on the balance and design front. Well, that example, anyway.

Also sounds like it's basically reskinned imprint if it exiles from potentially anywhere. You should probably go and look at some cards with imprint for wordings and setups.
  • Not all the cards will exile from the battlefield @MemoryHead, but thank you for the advicce. Again, just an example, no thought was put in.
  • My only issue @SNAPcreator7 is that this makes black look anti religion.
  • True. Just couldn't fit it in, and it didn't feel good for the card.
  • Also, the frame you used is for enchantment creatures from Nyx, which is primarily a greek thing @SNAPcreator7

• Gods:
    How about a cycle of enemy colored lands?
    Red-Blue
    Black-WHite
    Green-Blue
    Green-Black
    Red-White
  • It's the God frame, that's what it says
  • Yeah, I know, but I also don't like the gold frame version.
  • I'll just wait over here... I don't know what to do right now.
  • I'm just as confused @The-DM

• Me too. Let's just rewind.
  • I have plenty of ideas. First up, I want to say that I don't want this to be a real set, but I want it to be slightly designed as IF it were a real set. We don't have to follow all the rules, which is why I've had all of these ideas:

Scientists

I think that we should add the new creature type, scientists. The reason I would like to do this is because there are no creature types that truly fit the idea. Yes, there are artificers, but those are very narrow, and very magic based.

Experiments 

I believe that to help out with the Enlighten mechanic, some sort of way to convey experiments would be useful. They could definitely be a new type, which wouldn't be a problem mechanically as MaRo said that as long as cards cared about the type, you can do it.

Legend-Tribal

This would only be in the tradition side of the world, and only if we use my Remember mechanic, so that in theory, you're making story characters and building a storybook.

That's all for now, any suggestions and I'll edit this.
  • What about Sagas? Maybe something like this?
    https://mtg.design/i/letf29
  • That's quite strong.
  • And while Sagas are good, I feel like if we use them we should have a "Bring back the sagas" theme.
  • I'll reduce it to just One enlightened creature.
  • Also, I don't want experiments to be an already existing thing.
  • And that would work Snap.
  • What time period is this?
This discussion has been closed.